Registered 7 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Thanks pal. I'll give it a shot.

PSN: Pedrolot

• bunglebonce 14 Oct 2013 20:48:25 2,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    RR Vita is a fantastic racer - both in terms of handling and drift mechanics, and graphically, let down by a complete lack of structure.

The intial release was very bare - with few cars and tracks, although this was rectified by the additional packs. Car handling is sublime, but the lack of any real structure to proceedings - your options are basically free race, time trial or online - makes it all pretty unsatisfying.
    I miss Rage Racer. I'd love to see a reboot of that for the Vita.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 14 October 2013 21:06:58
    @bunglebonce I love Rage Racer. Played it recently actually, and have it on my PSP. Very underrated game. Love the tracks with huge inclines etc. Personally I think Rage Racer and Rave Racer shit on R4, but most people disagree.

I'd love a HD reboot of Rage Racer too, at 60fps.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 21:16:08
    Nice to hear some good opinions of Ridge Racer Vita btw, that oppose the reviews.

So the ultimate bundle for 20 quid, do you get pretty much everything in that, all tracks?

I had a go of Ninja Gaiden Sigma earlier, and didn't think much of it. I love beat em ups, and the mechanics are very solid, but I find it lacks charm and fun factor. Solid game, good graphics, but the whole thing feels a bit flat and sterile. For some of the reason none of the battles feel that exciting.

Ironically though, I played Unit 13 last night and found it to be very good. Good controls and great gunplay. Kind of reminds me of a cross between Goldeneye 64 and a modern cover shooter. Probably just the shooting cameras and collecting intel that's making me think Goldeneye though ;)
  • cheeky_prawnking 14 Oct 2013 21:30:00 3,794 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    With ninja gaiden, you need to get to the town for it to get going properly.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 21:35:06
    I think I got halfway through the second chapter, I saved a bit after beating the guys on horseback. How far in is the town?

Edited by rumblesushi at 22:03:02 14-10-2013
  • cheeky_prawnking 14 Oct 2013 21:38:26 3,794 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Another chapter I think at least. Think next chapter is a Zeppelin then the town. I find it picked up then. I am a big fan of it, had the original, black, sigma on ps3 and now vita.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 22:03:53
    OK thanks. And how do you find the Vita version, playability wise, compared to the 60fps console versions?
  • cheeky_prawnking 14 Oct 2013 22:06:02 3,794 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I find it just as good, my only issue is the magic being on the rear touch pad can't get the hang of it. Otherwise portable ninja gaiden fab!
  • Nazo 14 Oct 2013 22:30:14 312 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yay, I'm now a Vita owner! And I bloody love it!

It delivers on everything I thought the PSP was lacking in. Amazing to think it only cost me 20 more than Nintendo is charging for that 2DS monstrosity, and tragic that Sony seem incapable of marketing the thing.

Patiently waiting for Persona 4 to turn up now, Gravity Rush should keep me entertained until then though. Wonder when I'll get time to play my PS3 again..?
  • Carlo 14 Oct 2013 22:37:57 17,911 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't believe I waited so long to get one either.

Killzone is amazing. Such spectacle. Uncharted is next for me.

PSN ID: Djini

• mrpon 14 Oct 2013 22:41:18 27,643 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uncharted is ace, prepare to use a lot of the Vita features!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Flying_Pig 14 Oct 2013 23:01:03 10,275 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vita love FTW \o/
  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 23:07:14
    Haha, yeah it is interesting that everyone who owns a Vita loves it. Well, apart from kadoosh - who was manipulated into buying one by Sony's hype, even though he didn't want one.

It makes you wonder why it isn't selling better. I think part of it is an adult handheld like this is somewhat of a niche since the casual gaming boom, now that so many people play games on their phones/tablets etc, and that's kind of taken over portable gaming for adults.

It is a great machine though, I can't believe how well some of the games look and play - like SFxT for example, which is effectively identical to the full console game.
  • Murbal 15 Oct 2013 07:11:33 21,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone go for the digital version of Dragon's Crown and want my 'art' book?
  • kentmonkey 15 Oct 2013 08:39:55 20,073 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm, just found out that the Vita only let's you have one account registered to it.

That sucks donkey balls. That's a decision purely based on financials and not on the customer experience.
  • binky Moderator 15 Oct 2013 08:41:47 9,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Grabbed Super Stardust last night when I got home and I really liked it. I seemed to last for ages on my first go but I'm assuming that's why it was called casual mode. Guess I'll brave it properly tonight.
  • AaronTurner 15 Oct 2013 08:42:51 7,521 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can understand that decision if true, it would be very easy to just copy someone's account and all their games across multiple vitas as there is no internet verification for games.
  • kentmonkey 15 Oct 2013 08:47:43 20,073 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I can understand that decision if true, it would be very easy to just copy someone's account and all their games across multiple vitas as there is no internet verification for games.
    I can't. Make the Vita log in once per month. Or once a week. And if it can't it won't let you play the games until you can.

The way it is, you can't have other people play on your console and set their own times/scores anything like that. So my wife can't play on it unless it's 'me' making the whole high-score thing redundant, and I'm definitely not letting others have a go now as rather than saying 'hey, have a look at Killzone, isn't it great' it'll be 'touch the thing and you're dead because if you die I'll have to replay that section'.

There are multiple better ways around this than 'only one account' if they just want to protect software licenses. This is a decision purely based around getting people to buy two Vitas. Soured the early ownership somewhat.
  • AaronTurner 15 Oct 2013 08:49:48 7,521 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's exactly what got the Xbox one into trouble. Anyway personally I think internet verification for a portable device isn't a great idea.
  • Murbal 15 Oct 2013 08:49:59 21,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please excuse the PG link, but this would be awesome.
  • kentmonkey 15 Oct 2013 08:53:37 20,073 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Here's a better way.

A PSN account could be linked to one Vita device only. Just one. But you could have as many PSN accounts linked to that Vita as you wanted. So you would have to deactivate it off of another system to play on that one, should you want to move it around, and limit that to the same limits as the PS3 has (is it six months?). This system also enables you to create accounts for people that just want to have a play and where you don't want them to lose your progress (such as a relative/friend) under a guest account.

Less than five minutes and a better solution arrived at. Wasn't difficult.
  • Murbal 15 Oct 2013 08:58:48 21,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kentmonkey you can have a second account registered on a second memory stick I believe?

Edited by Murbal at 09:00:24 15-10-2013
  • kentmonkey 15 Oct 2013 09:03:10 20,073 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not according to the PSN forum. The system is linked to one account only. You have to factory reset it. And that also means that you have to move stuff around on different memory sticks (as well as buy another stick) and also that no content bought under a different PSN would work (unlike the PS3).

So I've bought something my wife would like playing. But she can't play it as her now. I had no idea it was such a restrictive POS before buying it to be honest. I'm sure the system will be great, I won't get a chance to play it until the weekend to see, but to be greeted with essentially a 'we're taking all of the usability you're used to with your PS3 and dumping it, even though we're effectively marketing this as a PS3 in your pocket (when we can be bothered to market it), but hey, the screen's lovely so suck it up'.
  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 09:04:05 55,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WRT Ninja Gaiden, yes, when you get to the town, thats when it opens up. You spend, more or less, the rest of the game there.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• santashi 15 Oct 2013 09:07:16 4,928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have switched between two accounts using two memory cards and it's a pain now. It was fine to start with, which makes the current system that bit more vexing. Far more flexible than the 3DS though, thank goodness.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• andyc1980 15 Oct 2013 09:08:50 1,051 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Which is exactly what I'm going to do when my son gets his for his birthday. His vita but my account.
  • santashi 15 Oct 2013 09:09:18 4,928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Please excuse the PG link, but this would be awesome.
    I'm not sure if my reaction times will be as good when I'm 90, though.

;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dominalien 15 Oct 2013 09:11:43 6,741 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Which is exactly what I'm going to do when my son gets his for his birthday. His vita but my account.
    So, you're basically using your son as a trophy sweatshop?

PSN: DonOsito

• Carlo 15 Oct 2013 09:12:53 17,911 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vita bundle about to become rather cheap!

My missus just paid 170 for mine, and that didn't include Virtua Tennis like this one.

PSN ID: Djini

• Page

of 899 First / Last