PlayStation Vita Page 711

• Page

of 902 First / Last

• ibenam 1 Sep 2013 08:15:50 1,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    OMG-its-Gail-Platt wrote:
    Completed my first play through Journey last night (amazing)
    Would they ever be a Vita port?
    I would marry my vita a port ever happens.
  • jagg3r 1 Sep 2013 10:41:30 993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When i put my vita in to sleep mode the playstation icon often flashes blue every now and again and it seems to be draining my battery when in sleep mode, is this normal? What could be causing this?
  • Nemesis 1 Sep 2013 10:44:25 18,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    When i put my vita in to sleep mode the playstation icon often flashes blue every now and again and it seems to be draining my battery when in sleep mode, is this normal? What could be causing this?
    Multiple status lights now indicate power state. A solid-blue light displays while you're plugged in; flashing blue is for standby mode; a slow blue flash indicates an unread message/information; solid orange displays when you're charging and powered off, and flashing orange means the battery is going to die soon.
  • Syrette 1 Sep 2013 10:44:43 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Completed my first play through Journey last night (amazing)
    Would they ever be a Vita port?
    Am I the only one who thought one playthrough of the above was enough?

That's not a slight on the game - just that some games are 'experiences' that don't demand further plays. Like Heavy Rain as well, for instance.

• dominalien 1 Sep 2013 10:45:00 6,745 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It always drains the battery when in sleep mode, but very slowly. That said, if you have "use wifi in sleep mode" (a recently added option) on, it'll drain much faster. The blinking light is some kind of message indicator; I never bothered to check what it was indicating, probably the stuff that appears on the lock screen (trophies synced, near, etc.)

Edit: Nemesis knows.

Edited by dominalien at 10:45:41 01-09-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• Nemesis 1 Sep 2013 11:18:17 18,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mine drains, but compared to my 3DS this battery is brilliant. Taking off wifi is something I'd not really thought about, but it's a very good point.
  • Zackv4861 1 Sep 2013 11:36:52 1,067 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrette nope i agree. I enjoyed Journey but can't motivate myself to play through it a second time. I'm far more looking forward to Flower. Though if it gets realeased on the Vita i'm sure i will play it again at some point

Edited by Zackv4861 at 11:39:01 01-09-2013
  • Deleted user 1 September 2013 11:49:58
    @Syrette I thought it was short enough to enjoy again. Going by the trophies there seems plenty for me still to do
    I just think it would be perfectly suited for a vita experience.
  • ZuluHero 1 Sep 2013 11:55:21 3,668 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Syrette I thought it was short enough to enjoy again. Going by the trophies there seems plenty for me still to do
    I just think it would be perfectly suited for a vita experience.
    I like how the more you play it the more detailed your cloak is. You can tell how seasoned a traveller is by looking at them.

Mine is almost completely covered in detail ;)
  • chub 1 Sep 2013 13:48:03 434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    @Syrette nope i agree. I enjoyed Journey but can't motivate myself to play through it a second time. I'm far more looking forward to Flower. Though if it gets realeased on the Vita i'm sure i will play it again at some point
    I've only finished Journey once so far, but I'm going to have another run-through sometime. Personally I thought it was better than Flower.
  • Zackv4861 1 Sep 2013 14:38:39 1,067 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is PSN down? I can't log in? I don't recall reading anything saying it would though
  • Deleted user 1 September 2013 19:05:05
    brn wrote:
    @rumblesushi It is upscaled, but at exactly 4 pixels per PSP pixel, so the graphics remain crisp. Colour and contrast are also superior on the vita screen. The is screen is also free of any ghosting.
    Interesting, I'd never noticed the Vita is exactly 4 times the resolution of the PSP. Scaling should be very clean then.
  • evild_edd 1 Sep 2013 19:44:28 2,924 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hello all. I'm giving serious thought to getting a Vita. It's been a while since I've wandered in the lads of Playstation (back in the PSX days) so I've a few questions relating to PSN and Vita and was hoping some generous soul could help:

1. Can I do all PSN purchasing, accounting setting up, etc directly through the Vita, or would I need a PS3 as well?
    2. If I'm buying download titles, are they locked to a specific Vita or to a PSN account?
    3. Am I right in thinking that certain titles can be bought on PS Vita and then downloaded again to a PS3 (should I get one at a later date)?
    4. Do you think it's worth getting PS+ if I only have a Vita?

The swelling pile of decent indie download titles for the Vita is really catching my eye and the main draw for the console (the recent price drop helps as well). For this reason, the Vita / PSN connectivity is crucial to me as, if I needed to get a PS3 as well, it's a lot less appealing...

Cheers :0)

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Kay 1 Sep 2013 19:51:50 17,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quick answers:

1. Yes - can do it all through a Vita (or even on a PC).
    2. Locked to a PSN account.
    3. Yes, some titles are cross-play. One purchase gets you both versions.
    4. Yes, more than enough on there to keep you busy for a while!
  • L0cky 1 Sep 2013 19:57:22 1,442 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Note there's a difference between cross-play and cross-buy. Cross-Play means you can play the game on both machines; Cross-Buy means if you buy the game for one machine, you also get it for the other at no extra cost.

Some games are Cross-Play, some are Cross-Buy, some are both.
  • evild_edd 1 Sep 2013 20:00:40 2,924 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kay @L0cky

Nice. Thanks. So basically I just need a Vita. A decent sized memory card. And perhaps a PS+ membership to build my library. The barriers keep coming down.

Why look, it's a blog:

• Trowel 1 Sep 2013 20:21:52 16,887 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else playing NLKS much? Picking it up as my game to play for the next few weeks and could do with sharing some tips (I didn't get on with Spelunky at all!)
  • Kay 1 Sep 2013 21:29:47 17,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started NLKS the other day, and it didn't grab me much, but that's Spelunky's fault. I thought it was an improved port of the Wii game (which I played a bit of), but seems like it's an inferior sequel.

@evild_edd - I've got a 30-day PS+ code somewhere, so let me know if you're interested (after you get the Vita obviously). :)
  • evild_edd 1 Sep 2013 23:01:27 2,924 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kay

Cheers for the offer mate - I may just take you up on that!

Can I use a one month pass to get games on the library thingy? If so, then that'd be ace.

Will have to do some bargain hunting online for a decent Cita bundle. Gutted I missed out on the Vita + FIFA13 + 10 game pack for 150. Just want a decent Vita + memory card deal now.

Why look, it's a blog:

• santashi 1 Sep 2013 23:30:19 4,940 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Trowel There's a thread I started for New Little King's Story back when it was first out, if that's of any help. Possibly more reliable than memory, but feel free to ask away too. :)

Will edit when I find thread-writing this on iPod.

Edit: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/237485

Edited by santashi at 23:32:33 01-09-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Murbal 2 Sep 2013 09:44:40 21,565 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thought I'd check Lego LotR out, purely out of curiosity. Yikes. Technically messy and incredibly shallow. Another with <10% total trophies on my list :-)
  • aros 2 Sep 2013 09:52:43 2,073 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Thought I'd check Lego LotR out, purely out of curiosity. Yikes. Technically messy and incredibly shallow. Another with <10% total trophies on my list :-)
    Not a Lord of the Rings fan eh? :p
  • uiruki 2 Sep 2013 09:53:48 3,546 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Three and a bit weeks til Sen no Kiseki. I'm heading to Japan in late October so I'm tempted to hang on and grab the card version. There's a game I wish has cross buy!
  • Sharzam 2 Sep 2013 10:07:45 2,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The framerate in NLKS is really putting me off and I only have 8 people. God knows what it will be like with 30 villagers. Saying that I can see that if you do put the time in it may he fun, but the slow pace and low framerate do put me off.

On another note, best place to pre order rayman legends? So far found simplygames for 24 with Amazon in second at 25.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• bunglebonce 2 Sep 2013 10:13:30 2,039 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:

Can I use a one month pass to get games on the library thingy? If so, then that'd be ace.
    You only get a select few titles per month, but once they're "purchased" for nothing, you're free to play them for as long as your subscription lasts.

The used (but mint) Vita + 16gb card for 120 (that I got from Stranded87 on this thread in April) was the best purchase I've made in years.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• santashi 2 Sep 2013 10:20:01 4,940 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    That must be it. Hohoho.

• santashi 2 Sep 2013 10:24:02 4,940 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Three and a bit weeks til Sen no Kiseki. I'm heading to Japan in late October so I'm tempted to hang on and grab the card version. There's a game I wish has cross buy!
    There's a small artbook with physical preorders, isn't there? Although I guess that wouldn't be much help unless you can get someone already there to hang onto it for you until then. Is it cross play?

Oh, and Danganronpa is out in October... ;)

• Murbal 2 Sep 2013 10:26:16 21,565 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    aros wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    That must be it. Hohoho.
    Got a nasty hobbit of playing stuff for the sake of it. Need to commit myself to the games I actually enjoy. P4G I'm coming back!
  • aros 2 Sep 2013 10:58:44 2,073 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really want to play Persona but can't stop playing Dragon's Crown when i want something meatier than Spelunky. The online mode seems very busy and is awesome fun - I have seen very little to no lag as well.

You can play online with people from all over the world too. I had a top level Japanese player drop in to my dungeon yesterday. The online mode in Dragon's Crown is the best in any Vita game IMO. You just set a toggle to Online then start the dungeon you select with the normal NPC party, who are replaced by real people as you play.

Alternatively, you can choose to be the person who drops into someone elses game, deciding whether you want to play a specific level or a random one.

Playing consecutive levels nets you bonuses, but you don't get you specials counts reset. There's a fun feasting minigame between levels too!

You can find people you played with online's bones and then resurrect them so they can aid you as an NPC party member in future.

Dragon's Crown is incredible - it's fun enough that even if completely finished I'll help you guys when its out here. It's a 9.7/10 for me at the moment. There is a LOT, LOT more content than I expected too.

One day... I'll get back to Persona!

Edited by aros at 11:01:57 02-09-2013
  • uiruki 2 Sep 2013 11:26:26 3,546 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @santashi is there? I checked the media land website last week and they were already sold out of those. There's a version with a drama cd, and the first edition comes with a DLC code for an Orbment cover and an "item set" but I'm not particularly tied to the whole physical goods thing anyway. It's more something where I can arrive, unpack and then head out to the shops to buy on day one - stretch my legs and stave off jet lag. I'm pretty sure it has cross save, as well.

I'll be there for a month, work willing, so I was actually hoping to pick up all the November releases - including a ps4 if they arrive then.
  • Page

of 902 First / Last