PlayStation Vita Page 663

  • Page

    of 898 First / Last

  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 22:04:56
    What are these "old games" I keep reading about?
  • Roddy100 2 Aug 2013 00:45:46 704 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't see myself owning Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary unless I absolutely run out of Vita games to play...

    But Rayman Legends and Tearaway will most likely keep me happy for the rest of the year. Besides, I'm still playing my existing games!
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 08:20:40
    Is Dragons Crown only available on import?
  • Murbal 2 Aug 2013 08:21:39 21,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow just been released in the US but it's coming to Europe at some point.
  • santashi 2 Aug 2013 08:24:15 4,926 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Autumn, I think.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Murbal 2 Aug 2013 08:27:21 21,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There'll be DLC and there's also online (I think) so unless you have a US PSN account you'll probably be wanting the EU one anyway.
  • Murbal 2 Aug 2013 08:32:26 21,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In other news, I still haven't received my refund for that PSP Go and I returned it over a week ago. Will give them another week then I'm contacting Amazon to file a claim.
  • aros 2 Aug 2013 08:38:39 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wait, you can't play online on an imported game!? I thought it would be fine for that as on DS
  • aros 2 Aug 2013 08:44:37 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    aros wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Awesome?

    Did I miss something?
    Dragon's Crown, Rayman Legends, Tearaway, Killzone, Ys, God of War collection, Walking Dead Vita, a dozen+ PSN games etc.

    There's loads for the final four months of this year - how many releases should a system have? That's already basically 2 retail releases a month and there will be at least three must buy PSN games a month.
    That's great - if the Vita is your only console. I can't see Tearaway being anything other than a runaway success but Killzone could go either way. Wouldn't be the first game to look great on preview footage only to disappoint over the duration of the title itself. Think you're getting quantity mixed up with quality with regards to PSN, that or you're easily pleased.

    All the others are multiformat except for Ys which is massively, massively niche.

    It's a fucking woeful lineup if you ask me. But bring on Gamescom.
    I own every current system bar Wii U but only play Vita now pretty much.
  • dominalien 2 Aug 2013 08:44:57 6,741 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    .

    Edited by dominalien at 08:45:09 02-08-2013

    PSN: DonOsito

  • Murbal 2 Aug 2013 08:52:22 21,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Wait, you can't play online on an imported game!? I thought it would be fine for that as on DS
    VG+ Ebay listing

    ** ONLINE PLAY WILL REQUIRE A US OR CANADIAN PSN ACCOUNT **
  • uiruki 2 Aug 2013 09:11:22 3,527 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think that might just be something that covers them on case games have online passes - DC doesn't have one. The only DLC that has been released for it so far can be earned within the game too (the character voice overs are unlocked by paying a million good after finishing the game with each character).
  • elhozzo 2 Aug 2013 09:17:22 233 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got US physicals versions of WipeOut and Everybodys Golf (or Hot Shots Golf, if you prefer...) and they had online passes which could only be downloaded from the US store.

    so I guess if its online without a pass, it would work, but with a pass, it won't ...
  • Widge Moderator 2 Aug 2013 09:17:55 12,583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are some multiplatform titles that I would rather play on a Vita than on a home console/tablet. I think they are viable and actually the premium platform in that case.

    Walking Dead isn't one of them, that is tablet all the way, but things like Fez (if if if), Rayman, Thomas Was Alone, Sina Mora... loads of titles - no way I'd pick them up on another platform over the Vita.

    _ _ _

    www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

  • H1ggyLTD 2 Aug 2013 09:21:39 1,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    There are some multiplatform titles that I would rather play on a Vita than on a home console/tablet. I think they are viable and actually the premium platform in that case.

    Walking Dead isn't one of them, that is tablet all the way, but things like Fez (if if if), Rayman, Thomas Was Alone, Sina Mora... loads of titles - no way I'd pick them up on another platform over the Vita.
    Entirely agree.
  • santashi 2 Aug 2013 09:26:55 4,926 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @aros You can't play online on your EU account if the game uses an online pass, as that requires redemption on the PSN store of the country that the game was released in. The only import-only Vita example I can think of offhand is Senran Kagura.

    Games that don't have an online pass, where it's just a part of the game, are fine. Ragnarok Odyssey, for example.

    As uiruki says, Dragon's Crown fits in the latter category, so no problems there, and the current DLC is obtainable in-game.

    Edited by santashi at 09:28:03 02-08-2013

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • santashi 2 Aug 2013 09:29:24 4,926 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Murbal Hope that gets sorted for you! What a hassle.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • aros 2 Aug 2013 09:44:10 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    aros wrote:
    Wait, you can't play online on an imported game!? I thought it would be fine for that as on DS
    VG+ Ebay listing

    ** ONLINE PLAY WILL REQUIRE A US OR CANADIAN PSN ACCOUNT **
    Ah, shit. Oh well I'll keep my fingers crossed it will work. Thanks Murbs :)

    edit: Thanks Santashi too - I'm hopeful it will work online then. I like the idea of having to reach a certain level to play online in Dragon's Crown so all players will have to have a certain level of experience and skill. I think the online might be a good experience for DC.



    Batman is another game I had forgotten about. Anyone found a good preorder price for it?

    Edited by aros at 09:45:55 02-08-2013
  • cowell 2 Aug 2013 09:45:12 667 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As a total non-PC gamer, I really appreciate the fact I'm getting chance to play Thomas was Alone and Hotline Miami. These and other indie gems are great and perfect handheld games
  • aros 2 Aug 2013 09:47:23 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    The Fez dream is still alive!
    Brilliant news. Confirming working with Sony is pretty much confirming a Vita version? "Really, really soon" sounds like Gamescom to me too.

    cowell wrote:
    As a total non-PC gamer, I really appreciate the fact I'm getting chance to play Thomas was Alone and Hotline Miami. These and other indie gems are great and perfect handheld games
    I feel exactly the same - I haven't even switched on my PC in over 6 months and the thought of gaming on it would give it a meltdown! I prefer indie experiences on a handheld than a big screen, they just seem to fit so much more naturally.

    Edited by aros at 09:48:40 02-08-2013
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 11:54:03
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    There are some multiplatform titles that I would rather play on a Vita than on a home console/tablet. I think they are viable and actually the premium platform in that case.

    Walking Dead isn't one of them, that is tablet all the way, but things like Fez (if if if), Rayman, Thomas Was Alone, Sina Mora... loads of titles - no way I'd pick them up on another platform over the Vita.
    Entirely agree.
    'Amen' to that
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 11:54:38
    Murbal wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow just been released in the US but it's coming to Europe at some point.
    Thanks Murbs :)
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 12:42:41
    I honestly can't believe I'm about to drop 50 English snarlers on a 32GB card...I must be bonker!
  • aros 2 Aug 2013 12:44:47 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When do you guys think the rumoured built in hard-drive version of the Vita will be announced? If it's done in association with an increase in max gamecard/game size to 12gb it could open the floodgates on current gen ports for Vita as it would be able to handle any single disc game from 360 in terms of filesize. (if not necessarily run properly!)

    I think they should be targeting 125gb / 250gb options. I would buy a new Vita for 250gb built in storage. Considering the PS3's price an SSD would surely not add HUGE amounts to price either. I know PS3 isn't SSD but storage hardly gives it a massive price.

    Current model becomes Vita Starter kit (memory card only, bundled with the 8gb, 10 games thing) as the budget model.

    Edited by aros at 12:46:09 02-08-2013
  • aros 2 Aug 2013 12:45:17 2,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dogmudgeon wrote:
    I honestly can't believe I'm about to drop 50 English snarlers on a 32GB card...I must be bonker!
    That's an amazing turn of phrase haha :D
  • Zizoo 2 Aug 2013 12:47:14 7,687 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope they wouldn't split the user base like that. As much as I love my Vita I ain't buying another one.
    edit: nvm.

    Edited by ZizouFC at 12:48:14 02-08-2013
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 12:53:10
    aros wrote:
    When do you guys think the rumoured built in hard-drive version of the Vita will be announced? If it's done in association with an increase in max gamecard/game size to 12gb it could open the floodgates on current gen ports for Vita as it would be able to handle any single disc game from 360 in terms of filesize. (if not necessarily run properly!)

    I think they should be targeting 125gb / 250gb options. I would buy a new Vita for 250gb built in storage. Considering the PS3's price an SSD would surely not add HUGE amounts to price either. I know PS3 isn't SSD but storage hardly gives it a massive price.

    Current model becomes Vita Starter kit (memory card only, bundled with the 8gb, 10 games thing) as the budget model.

    Would they do this though? I dunno but surely with PS+ the only way Sony are making any cash on the Vita is with the ridiculously priced memory cards.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2013 13:09:51
    @Dogmudgeon

    That's my only gripe about owning a vita. Scandalous really.
  • chub 2 Aug 2013 13:15:02 433 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why would they put a hard drive in a Vita? I can't believe it would be reliable enough for a portable console. I would think built-in memory would be a better option, but I guess that would be expensive though. But then Vita memory cards are already expensive, so what do I know.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Aug 2013 13:50:04 10,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    When do you guys think the rumoured built in hard-drive version of the Vita will be announced?
    Extremely unlikely IMO.

    Any rumours about this have been from gamers on Forums such as this.

    Edited by Flying_Pig at 13:50:33 02-08-2013
  • Page

    of 898 First / Last

Log in or register to reply