PlayStation Vita Page 662

• Page

of 902 First / Last

• aros 1 Aug 2013 11:55:27 2,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poor Rayman. I'm really excited for the new game, from here on out the year is just awesome for Vita.
  • AaronTurner 1 Aug 2013 12:23:28 7,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awesome?

Did I miss something?
  • Progguitarist 1 Aug 2013 12:47:17 10,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Freedom wars screens

Edited by Progguitarist at 12:48:19 01-08-2013
  • uiruki 1 Aug 2013 12:49:34 3,546 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Amazon reviews for Mind/0 don't look great. Ah well, still got the platinum on Demon Gaze and most of Cross Blood to finish. Acquire should have hired Team Muramasa not Zerodiv!
  • aros 1 Aug 2013 14:02:41 2,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Awesome?

Did I miss something?
    Dragon's Crown, Rayman Legends, Tearaway, Killzone, Ys, God of War collection, Walking Dead Vita, a dozen+ PSN games etc.

There's loads for the final four months of this year - how many releases should a system have? That's already basically 2 retail releases a month and there will be at least three must buy PSN games a month.
  • Progguitarist 1 Aug 2013 14:05:59 10,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dragon's Crown, Tearaway and Killzone look like definite buys.
  • aros 1 Aug 2013 14:12:08 2,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Personally, as long as there's one retail game per month I am very happy with that amount - I normally take quite a while to finish games anyway.

I've been playing some more Epic Mickey 2 over the last few days, it's reasonably fun and very Disney, it's a 6/10 game no question about it, despite not really seeing any framerate problems. I'm enjoying small sessions of it though. The 2D sections are great although for a game so strongly built around co-op, the Vita is a strange home for it.
  • AaronTurner 1 Aug 2013 15:10:00 7,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's six games in 5 months, a couple of which are old games. There should definitely be more than that and it's very far from awesome. I just think it's worth considering for anyone thinking of buying a vita.
  • imamazed 1 Aug 2013 15:12:59 5,455 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But for those buying a vita they'll be lots of older games they haven't played yet. So you can effectively triple or quadruple that number.
  • ZuluHero 1 Aug 2013 15:22:47 3,668 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Didn't realise Rayman was coming so soon. Same bloody day as Etrian Odyssey 4 on 3DS no less. Shame, but the little man will have to wait for now.
    Whats a 3ds? ;)

as much as id love to get rayman on vita, ill be ggetting it on the ps3.
  • TheMightyRose 1 Aug 2013 15:28:22 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    / A strange looking Indian man enters the thread and looks around for a few moments before suddenly ripping off his fake beard, and makeshift turban, and then wiping his face clean of all his fake tan.

Guys, it's me Tim Rose. I'm back!

I have just returned from my last adventure in India so forgive me for disappearing for so long from EG. Turns out there was a roaring trade of fake Mighty Rose underpants doing the rounds over there and the legend that is Tim Rose (me!) had to go undercover to put a stop to it. It was some caper I can tell you. Making the disguise was the easy part as anyone can get a fake beard and a towel these days. Learning to speak like the locals, however, was a whole other ball of wax. Thankfully the Mighty Rose had the best tools possible for learning a proper Indian accent: Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2 on DVD!

Thanks to Fisher Steven's masterful acting (how he never won an Oscar for his performance is beyond me) as an East Indian scientist, Tim Rose was able to get the dialect down to a tee for his undercover role and was not only able to perfectly blend in with the local people but was also taken into their hearts. My adventure culminated with a massive Bollywood dance number where the Mighty Rose took out those shady bad guys whilst busting some moves with some sexy belly dancers whilst all the freed slave labour workers cheered on. Afterwards we all went for a curry minus the bad guys who were all locked up by that point.

In amongst all those hijinks however the Mighty Rose still found time to play his Vita and has put some serious time into EDF Vita. It is a great little time sink this game and although very repetitive I have now unlocked 227 out of the 235 weapons for Storm 1 and have blasted through 53 of the Inferno missions. Some of them though are proving to be a real challenge. Has anyone on here completed them all in single player? Mission 32 March is a particular pain in my butt. Those spiders just swarm you and I cannot keep them at bay. It's like what happens when a group of babes spots Tim Rose in the street!

Anyone who wants some tips on how to get through the other Inferno missions or the best weapons to use just send me a message via psn.

The rash on my bum has finally cleared up!
  • AaronTurner 1 Aug 2013 15:35:23 7,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    But for those buying a vita they'll be lots of older games they haven't played yet. So you can effectively triple or quadruple that number.
    That's fine, but also an entirely different reason for getting a Vita. I should have done more research before getting mine, I had no idea quite how barren the release schedule was, it's a pretty dire situation and very far from being awesome.
  • Murbal 1 Aug 2013 15:35:39 21,565 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TIM

http://www.admiralackbar.co.uk/

Edited by Murbal at 15:36:45 01-08-2013
  • Murbal 1 Aug 2013 15:54:35 21,565 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lone Survivor delayed:

https://twitter.com/curvestudios/status/362945370302578688
  • StarchildHypocrethes 1 Aug 2013 15:58:31 24,596 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    That's fine, but also an entirely different reason for getting a Vita. I should have done more research before getting mine, I had no idea quite how barren the release schedule was, it's a pretty dire situation and very far from being awesome.
    Pretty much my sentiments. It's a great bit of kit, but there are very few decent games so far imo, and not a huge deal on the horizon.

On the plus side, Sly seems pretty good so far.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 16:12:32
    Genuinely at a loss as to how you can be out of games to play. My vita backlog is ridiculous and it is the only system I play now.
  • AaronTurner 1 Aug 2013 16:19:38 7,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who's that a reply to?
  • dominalien 1 Aug 2013 16:21:40 6,745 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To... anyone who has no games to play?

PSN: DonOsito

• TheMightyRose 1 Aug 2013 16:22:59 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personally I think the Vita has too many games at the moment!

I still have to play through the whole Jak Trilogy on my Vita and that is before things like Dragon's Crown, The Walking Dead and others come out.

I have not even bought any indie games like Machinarium and Limbo yet either.

Also LBP Vita is something that I can always go back to and play and create in so even if there was nothing on the horizon The Mighty Rose is still spoilt for choice. It has been a great investment for me.
  • Zizoo 1 Aug 2013 16:27:23 7,724 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I too have too much to play at the moment. My 360 and PC are packed up for a move and I'm not missing them.

Having said that I get that some people have played the ports and not interested in the other games... But try games like Guacamelrr! or others you may have passed over.

oh and hi MightyRose!
  • AaronTurner 1 Aug 2013 16:32:16 7,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think anyone has said there are no games to play so just didn't get where that came from. However I do think the Vita catalogue is weak, the PSP catalogue is vastly more interesting.

The point is though, the Vita catalogue doesn't look like it's going to improve much in the future. If you're looking into buying the system then I would seriously consider doing some research and not taking for granted that there is an awesome line up of future games, because there isn't.
  • TheMightyRose 1 Aug 2013 18:27:28 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ZizouFc
    Hello. Remember that your monthly subscription to The Official Mighty Rose Magazine is up at the end of the month. Re sign up quick and you get a pair of Mighty Rose slippers free of charge! Talk about collectible.

@Murbal
    How long have you been waiting to hit me with that gag Murbal? He he. It's just as well I did not leave for years again eh? I suppose you could say that Ackbar looks a bit like a sausage as well!

All right I added some funds and am looking at getting some games on the store but I can never seem to find any download sizes. Does anyone know how big Machinarium, Limbo and Hotline Miami are?
  • Progguitarist 1 Aug 2013 18:41:37 10,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Fez dream is still alive!
  • santashi 1 Aug 2013 19:27:05 4,940 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TheMightyRose I'd been wondering what had happened to you!

I can tell you two of those file sizes as I have them myself:
    Limbo-138MB
    Machinarium-half a devil, or 333MB

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• santashi 1 Aug 2013 19:28:29 4,940 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Lone Survivor delayed:

https://twitter.com/curvestudios/status/362945370302578688
    Aw. But a good sentiment.

• Flying_Pig 1 Aug 2013 19:28:45 10,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really enjoying Stealth Inc (Bastard) - currently on 7-8, so only 1 more chapter to do before the DLC.

My main issue is the games f#@king insistence on trying to f#%king go online every f@%king few f§Ľking minutes!

Nothing stops it - tried Aeroplane mode, turning off wi-fi etc - everything :(((

Hopefully something which can be patched.
  • Syrette 1 Aug 2013 19:46:59 41,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aros wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Awesome?

Did I miss something?
    Dragon's Crown, Rayman Legends, Tearaway, Killzone, Ys, God of War collection, Walking Dead Vita, a dozen+ PSN games etc.

There's loads for the final four months of this year - how many releases should a system have? That's already basically 2 retail releases a month and there will be at least three must buy PSN games a month.
    That's great - if the Vita is your only console. I can't see Tearaway being anything other than a runaway success but Killzone could go either way. Wouldn't be the first game to look great on preview footage only to disappoint over the duration of the title itself. Think you're getting quantity mixed up with quality with regards to PSN, that or you're easily pleased.

All the others are multiformat except for Ys which is massively, massively niche.

It's a fucking woeful lineup if you ask me. But bring on Gamescom.

• Jmog 1 Aug 2013 20:00:26 391 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    All right I added some funds and am looking at getting some games on the store but I can never seem to find any download sizes. Does anyone know how big Machinarium, Limbo and Hotline Miami are?
    Ign has a list of Vita games and their download sizes:
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/Vita_Games_Sizes

The list is not complete but it's fairly compehensive and seems to be updated regularly.

As for upcoming games, apart from Killzone and Dragon's Crown my number one "will buy instantly" title is definetely Dead Nation which is supposed to come out this summer. The PS3 version was great and this type of gameplay (basically Alien Breed with zombies and ridiculously detailed graphics) will suit the Vita perfectly.
  • santashi 1 Aug 2013 20:09:43 4,940 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @uiruki I don't read Amazon.jp reviews all that often but I did look at some for Mind 0 and was impressed at how in-depth the most helpful review was. :p

• Page

of 902 First / Last