PlayStation Vita Page 658

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• mumtoucher 30 Jul 2013 09:43:51 242 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, standard edition.

This is the most excited I've been for a Vita game thus far. Gonna go Amazon first methinks.

Edited by mumtoucher at 09:47:43 30-07-2013
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 10:23:34 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I so hope mine has been sent too. I can't wait for the game!

Muramasa has really made me feel positive toward Vita imports as I am really satisfied with that so hopefully Dragon's Crown will be just as good or better!

I might sell my US copy on ebay just before the Euro one comes out if it's really good so that I'm able to pick up DLC if it looks like anything good will come.
  • Progguitarist 30 Jul 2013 10:23:39 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 10:24:52 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought Real Boxing would be a £4 game when they announced it. Charging £8 for an iOS port is a bit bloody rich.

The graphics and effects look impressive for iOS but aren't up to much compared to recent console boxing games. I know they are pushing the graphics tech but does anyone else think it doesn't look that impressive?

Fight Night Champion was brilliant graphically and gameplay wise, I'd pay full price for a sequel to that with as good a story mode.

Hated that final boss but I cheered like crazy when I finally beat him!

Edited by aros at 10:27:11 30-07-2013
  • Progguitarist 30 Jul 2013 10:37:42 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's one of the issues with Vita. A lot of indie ports are significantly more expensive than they are on other services.
  • StixxUK 30 Jul 2013 10:40:04 7,170 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Humble Vita Bundle plz
  • elhozzo 30 Jul 2013 10:43:37 233 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    aros wrote:
    elhozzo wrote:
    Has anyone got and can recommend PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale ?
    I'm looking at it now in the PSN Store, only 10.99 ... cross-buy ... I don't need another game (due to PS Plus backlog) but... its tempting... I mean, thats the cheapest you can get it, I'm pretty sure ...

Wise people seem to think it will be in PS+ soon enough ... I'm less convinced because I've given up trying to second-guess what the content will be ...
    Online is decent. The game runs well, plays well and looks good. It's absolutely huge though. There's about 3gb of updates on top of the core game which I believe is close to 4gb. I wouldn't buy if you don't have a 32gb as you'll end up removing it. I've been tempted to delete from my card, despite having the retail version, just to free up all the space the updates take.

I'd recommend it IF space concerns aren't an issue. I think having it digitally would be far preferable to retail though, so you can jump online for a quick fight every now and then.
    @aros thanks for that, thats really useful info. I do have a 32MB card, pretty full already (a lot of that is PS+ stuff however, and I'm ready to remove it when I need to, like Uncharted) but on the store is said 1.6GB, I was kinda willing to use that amount, but another 3GB... hmmm and I guess its essential update for playing online... think I might need to look at other targets ... sonic racing (although I have the PS3 version so bit reluctant to pay again) or the ass Creed game)
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 10:55:53 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PES 2013 is listed for Vita on some sites. Has this been announced? It hasn't as far as I'm aware.
    PES 2013

Progg, I'm happy to pay more than on other services like PC but when something is sold for 69p on iOS, 11.5x more expensive is a bit of a joke. iOS titles should be £4, which is fair for added controls IMO.
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 10:57:18 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elhozzo wrote:
    aros wrote:
    elhozzo wrote:
    Has anyone got and can recommend PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale ?
    I'm looking at it now in the PSN Store, only 10.99 ... cross-buy ... I don't need another game (due to PS Plus backlog) but... its tempting... I mean, thats the cheapest you can get it, I'm pretty sure ...

Wise people seem to think it will be in PS+ soon enough ... I'm less convinced because I've given up trying to second-guess what the content will be ...
    Online is decent. The game runs well, plays well and looks good. It's absolutely huge though. There's about 3gb of updates on top of the core game which I believe is close to 4gb. I wouldn't buy if you don't have a 32gb as you'll end up removing it. I've been tempted to delete from my card, despite having the retail version, just to free up all the space the updates take.

I'd recommend it IF space concerns aren't an issue. I think having it digitally would be far preferable to retail though, so you can jump online for a quick fight every now and then.
    @aros thanks for that, thats really useful info. I do have a 32MB card, pretty full already (a lot of that is PS+ stuff however, and I'm ready to remove it when I need to, like Uncharted) but on the store is said 1.6GB, I was kinda willing to use that amount, but another 3GB... hmmm and I guess its essential update for playing online... think I might need to look at other targets ... sonic racing (although I have the PS3 version so bit reluctant to pay again) or the ass Creed game)
    I'll check later the exact size of the updates for you. :)
  • elhozzo 30 Jul 2013 10:58:51 233 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheers - it could be the deal-maker/breaker :-)
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 11:02:10 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully it will see a sequel as with some changes it could be a fantastic game. Stages should just be focussed on one property IMO as it would allow them to go all out with effects from one game rather than squeezing in two.

Loco Roco stage could have a phase where the Mouja attack etc.
  • Deleted user 30 July 2013 11:27:07
    Is PixelJunk Monster supposed to be any good then?
  • santashi 30 Jul 2013 11:37:03 4,928 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I enjoyed the PSP version and I believe this is supposed to be an upgrade of that, so I imagine it will still be good.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• aros 30 Jul 2013 14:16:37 2,042 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    Apparently so. It's also supposed to be difficult and have tonnes of content.

Do you like tower defense?

I know I buy nearly every Vita release but we've finally come to one I won't be picking up (in the short term at least!)
  • imamazed 30 Jul 2013 14:19:39 5,450 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How similar is NFSMW on vita to ps3?

Really enjoying it on vita at the moment, but wondering whether to bother to download it on ps3 tomorrow.
  • dominalien 30 Jul 2013 14:20:33 6,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the same game, with somewhat downgraded graphics.

PSN: DonOsito

• ZuluHero 30 Jul 2013 14:24:39 3,658 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i can't believe how easy it is to fill up an 8gb card - granted one of the games is Uncharted, but still.

I'm already eyeing up another one :(

is Muramasa coming the the UK - or should i just get an import copy from Amazon?

What's Dragon's Crown?
  • mrpon 30 Jul 2013 14:25:44 27,641 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quick tip, you are allowed to delete things.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• dominalien 30 Jul 2013 14:35:52 6,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just back stuff up first, because your saves go with the game when you delete it.

• dominalien 30 Jul 2013 14:37:32 6,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Besterrest?

• elhozzo 30 Jul 2013 14:51:58 233 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Apparently so. It's also supposed to be difficult and have tonnes of content.

Do you like tower defense?

I know I buy nearly every Vita release but we've finally come to one I won't be picking up (in the short term at least!)
    Oh, that reminds me, I must try (PSP) Savage Moon on my Vita ... on the bigger, brighter screen... that (and Plants V Zombie, when I get it for Vita) will feed my Tower Defense requirements ... (haven't played PJ Monsters but something is putting me off that)

anyone know if psp games currently not working on Vita will still get 'converted' or its past the point of no return now ? Was pleasantly surprised to find some that aren't on the store, that can be downloaded and work on it ... mainly missing 'R-Type Tactics' which I bought but never got round to playing on my PSP (which I still have, but its hard to go back...)
  • Zizoo 30 Jul 2013 14:54:38 7,700 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FanBoyTri

Your comment history is poetic.
  • ZuluHero 30 Jul 2013 14:56:07 3,658 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Just back stuff up first, because your saves go with the game when you delete it.
    yeah this! Plus im still playing them too - i don't keep stuff im not playing on my Vita, because that would be silly :p

Edited by ZuluHero at 15:02:39 30-07-2013
  • Murbal 30 Jul 2013 14:59:01 21,544 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @FanBoyTri

Your comment history is poetic.
    A rare instance of my ignore button coming into effect.
  • santashi 30 Jul 2013 15:09:36 4,928 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't imagine they're likely to stick around.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gaol 30 Jul 2013 19:57:53 2,262 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Speaking of sticks, mine have developed a gritty fee under the deadzones, which themselves seem quite wobbly. Doesn't seem to affect gameplay but hope they don't get worse.

In other news Assassins Creed Liberation is 17 quid in Asda.
  • Roddy100 30 Jul 2013 22:02:03 704 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I bought the PSP version when it was first released. I had a lot of fun with it and it was great to play online. It was my first tower defense game. It gets very hard, very fast though and can be quite unforgiving.

The Vita version is apparently identical to the PSP version but with HD visuals. And I expect touch controls would work well for this game.

Progguitarist wrote:
    That's one of the issues with Vita. A lot of indie ports are significantly more expensive than they are on other services.
    This is exactly why I haven't bought LIMBO yet. I really, really want it but I hear it's very short and lacking replay value. I wish it was at least half that price.

Edited by Roddy100 at 22:04:41 30-07-2013
  • chub 30 Jul 2013 22:14:53 433 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    This is exactly why I haven't bought LIMBO yet. I really, really want it but I hear it's very short and lacking replay value. I wish it was at least half that price.
    Personally I wouldn't agree with it lacking replay value. I got Limbo on the Vita via PS+, and it's my third time playing it through (360, PS3, now Vita). In my opinion it's a brilliant game, with some fantastic visuals, especially on the Vita screen.
  • Page

of 898 First / Last