PlayStation Vita Page 657

• Page

of 899 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 29 Jul 2013 12:55:36 12,595 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure why 20 hours is a bad thing. I found it entirely digestible.

Play a chapter.
    Explore the city.
    Do a challenge.

I'd sit down and do one of these things, sleep it, then carry on.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 29 July 2013 12:56:38
    @binky both TWA and Guacamelee are great.

Thomas isn't particularly hard though and I found it more a experience to play with some quality narration. Really loved it.

Guacamelee is brilliant als. Wacky, platforming, fighting etc... Can be tough at times and I'm yet to finish. Both very much recommended.
  • el_pollo_diablo 29 Jul 2013 13:10:32 2,031 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Someone here recommended the £4 Rabbit game.

I do not recommend the £4 rabbit game.
  • H1ggyLTD 29 Jul 2013 13:11:10 1,373 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thought it looked pretty rank.
  • monkman76 29 Jul 2013 13:11:47 3,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo
    Yeah but in fairness chickens and rabbits just don't mix do they.

Edited by monkman76 at 13:12:22 29-07-2013
  • Deleted user 29 July 2013 13:15:39
    aros wrote:
    Have Sony cut the price they sell to retailers for on the sly - a lot of them seem to be reducing prices or trying to clear stock.

Trying to clear stock could indicate there is a new model with built in SSD (256gb!?) coming or an exciting new bundle that would render existing ones obsolete.

I suspect they will do something about the storage problem soon. Once you have a built in hard-drive of minimum 128gb, the memory cards can even stay the price they are as only hardcore Vita gamers will need to pay for them.

*drools at the thought of 150gb of storage*

My local Tesco superstore have stopped selling Vita games altogether,Asda had a handful and Grainger Games had about 7 in store, a new model with a huge memory would be great but only as it would suit my needs perfectly as I don't own any physical copies of a game on my vita/ps3 or Xbox

In fact other than online it seems quite difficult to find games in most shops in and around the Middlesbrough area.

Could/would Sony go the digital only route for the vita?
  • aros 29 Jul 2013 13:47:10 2,053 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Someone here recommended the £4 Rabbit game.

I do not recommend the £4 rabbit game.
    I enjoyed it for what it was. Nice art, some challenging levels once you are through the first world.
  • jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 13:49:31 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Feeling a bit ripped off after buying the playstation mobile version of Numblast.

It's EXACTLY the same as the psp one I already have and that works on the Vita.

The description said it was touch screen compatible. It's not. Unless I am doing something daft. I fancied trying this game with touch screen.

It's only cheap but even so. Be warned.

FCUTA!

• Flying_Pig 29 Jul 2013 13:51:46 10,276 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @jonsaan - it must be touch screen compatible - it'd have to be to work on a smart phone.
  • Murbal 29 Jul 2013 13:54:29 21,547 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @jonsaan DOA5+ - can I cross save with the PS3 version? Can I get my trophies to double up so I don't have to play online a billion times on each console to get both trophies?
  • aros 29 Jul 2013 13:55:39 2,053 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think the system will always need to push for some store presence in order to get units in people's hands. Sony need to invest a lot into demo stations IMO but with the PS4 coming up I doubt there is much money to do that.
  • jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 14:02:35 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Murbal trophies are separate but costumes unlocked go both ways.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 14:03:00 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Flying_Pig odd. It doesn't seem to be

FCUTA!

• binky Moderator 29 Jul 2013 14:10:46 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    @binky both TWA and Guacamelee are great.

Thomas isn't particularly hard though and I found it more a experience to play with some quality narration. Really loved it.

Guacamelee is brilliant als. Wacky, platforming, fighting etc... Can be tough at times and I'm yet to finish. Both very much recommended.
    Hmm, I reckon I'll give TWA a go first. Sounds like something I can absorb myself in and get to the end of which would be nice to do for a change!
  • jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 14:13:04 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Numblast Def does not work with the touch screen. It is simply the psp game in a psmobile wrapper. Very poor show. Unless it somehow magically identifies the device you are playing on. There are no options to check either.

FCUTA!

• Murbal 29 Jul 2013 14:26:19 21,547 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.pspminis.com/9880/numblast-review-an-angel-a-monkey-and-a-hall-monitor-walk-into-a-psm-game/

Although a PlayStation Mobile game, it clearly seems aimed for the Vita, as you play it completely with buttons. Personally I like this (as I like buttons and only own a Vita among PSM devices), but at the same time, I think PSM games should really offer both options.
  • el_pollo_diablo 29 Jul 2013 14:43:04 2,031 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @aros @monkman76

:)

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 14:43:12 29-07-2013
  • jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 14:57:30 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thank Murbal. I guess I should have researched.

Although....

I downloaded the original psp version and played them side by side to check the diff.

The PSM one strips out all the voice work which is actually a blessing as it was annoying. The PSM vesion also has nice crip visuals whereas the psp one looks like your screen is smeared in Vaseline.

And lastly there seem to be a bonus block in the PSM one that helps to get you out of tricky situations. I don't recall that being in the psp one.

Hidden will know as he played it a lot back in the day.

Anyway, seeing the sharper visuals makes me feel a little less bitter.

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 29 Jul 2013 15:36:23 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jonsaan I haven't bought the new Numblast as I had my fill with the PSP/PS3 versions :).

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 29 Jul 2013 16:18:15 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HiddenAway can you remember if there was a special block that appeared? In the PSM one a star block shows up that when matched with three of the same number will clear all numbers of that type on the screen.

For Gawd's sake don't buy the PSM version as it's the same game!

Edited by jonsaan at 16:19:06 29-07-2013

FCUTA!

• elhozzo 29 Jul 2013 17:12:58 233 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Has anyone got and can recommend PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale ?
    I'm looking at it now in the PSN Store, only 10.99 ... cross-buy ... I don't need another game (due to PS Plus backlog) but... its tempting... I mean, thats the cheapest you can get it, I'm pretty sure ...

Wise people seem to think it will be in PS+ soon enough ... I'm less convinced because I've given up trying to second-guess what the content will be ...
  • TheMayorOfJugs 29 Jul 2013 17:21:54 2,270 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @elhozzo I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, but only if you've got 2 or 3 people to play local multiplayer with. My brothers and I have a blast on it every little while, it's good fun, and a nice alternative to smash bros. I hear the online is good too but I've never tried it, so that's all I can say.
  • elhozzo 29 Jul 2013 17:35:46 233 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    THanks Jugs. would be single-player or online only, not local multiplayer for me ... so... think I'll wait to see what Wednesdays store update brings, if any interesting sales finally happen, otherwise, I'll pick it up
  • mrpon 29 Jul 2013 21:55:21 27,643 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Real Boxing, end of August £8

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/29/playstation-vita-about-to-get-its-punchiest-title-real-boxing-confirmed-for-28th-august/

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• cheeky_prawnking 29 Jul 2013 22:04:05 3,794 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This could be tempting, tried it on my nexus and looked to be a good boxing game in there hampered by touch controls. Would much prefer it with sticks and buttons.
  • jonsaan 30 Jul 2013 08:29:40 25,248 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elhozzo I thought it was shit. I I could give you my copy I would. Sadly it's digital. The bottom of the pile for Vita fighters. Even online it's just a mess of a game.

The single player is woefully undercooked and gets old after about two hours.

There are so many great fighters on the Vita. This isn't one of them.

Edited by jonsaan at 08:30:53 30-07-2013

FCUTA!

• TheMayorOfJugs 30 Jul 2013 08:51:39 2,270 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    @elhozzo I thought it was shit. I I could give you my copy I would. Sadly it's digital. The bottom of the pile for Vita fighters. Even online it's just a mess of a game.

The single player is woefully undercooked and gets old after about two hours.

There are so many great fighters on the Vita. This isn't one of them.
    I wouldn't really call it a fighter though. It's a weird collection of adored characters beating the shit out of each other in cool and hilarious ways. I don't know if that has a genre.
  • mumtoucher 30 Jul 2013 09:14:48 242 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had an email from VGplus saying my US copy of dragons crown and art book has been shipped.

Fuck yeah!
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 09:18:41 2,053 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elhozzo wrote:
    Has anyone got and can recommend PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale ?
    I'm looking at it now in the PSN Store, only 10.99 ... cross-buy ... I don't need another game (due to PS Plus backlog) but... its tempting... I mean, thats the cheapest you can get it, I'm pretty sure ...

Wise people seem to think it will be in PS+ soon enough ... I'm less convinced because I've given up trying to second-guess what the content will be ...
    Online is decent. The game runs well, plays well and looks good. It's absolutely huge though. There's about 3gb of updates on top of the core game which I believe is close to 4gb. I wouldn't buy if you don't have a 32gb as you'll end up removing it. I've been tempted to delete from my card, despite having the retail version, just to free up all the space the updates take.

I'd recommend it IF space concerns aren't an issue. I think having it digitally would be far preferable to retail though, so you can jump online for a quick fight every now and then.
  • aros 30 Jul 2013 09:42:41 2,053 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Just had an email from VGplus saying my US copy of dragons crown and art book has been shipped.

Fuck yeah!
    AWESOME. Did you order the standard edition? I go on holiday on August 11th and thought it would be here for when I get back but if they are shipping now I may have it before I go! :D
  • Page

of 899 First / Last