PlayStation Vita Page 646

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• TheMayorOfJugs 19 Jul 2013 12:01:06 2,279 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    @aros I was looking at persona 4 golden but wasn't sure if I would be out of my depth.
    Persona's characters will have you wanting to finish the game anyway! .... Probably.... Unless you hate them....... I'm bad at persuasion :| Also, thanks for the hotline miami reccommendation snow. Thoroughly enjoyed it :-D
  • danathjo 19 Jul 2013 12:32:56 6,915 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    R&C coming to Vita too?
  • aros 19 Jul 2013 12:47:18 2,053 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope R&C does come to Vita as long as it's given to a capable team (or they hire Just Add Water) so they can ensure it runs properly.

I'm very cautiously optimistic about a new R&C as their engine seems to transfer shockingly poorly to Vita.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jul 2013 13:16:16 10,281 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If the new R&C game was coming to the Vita - I'll just get it on that and ignore the PS3 one (unless it's cross buy like Sly4 or QForce)
  • Murbal 19 Jul 2013 14:53:50 21,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    "All refunded preorders are subject to a 5% service charge fee to cover costs of transactions. All preorders are taken in full because the product is then prepaid for by us to our suppliers. To avoid this please use the pre order now pay later option when preordering."
    I 'preorder now pay later' so should be ok.

I'd emailed them to request the cancellation already so I'm a little relieved ;-)
    Sidney has emailed me to confirm the cancellation. Feel a little bad now, kinda wish I'd kept it but I really can't justify more games at the moment. Except Terraria and Spelunky. And EOIV on 3DS.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jul 2013 17:57:38 10,281 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal  - how are you getting on with your PSP Go?
  • Progguitarist 21 Jul 2013 17:02:22 10,316 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • Progguitarist 21 Jul 2013 17:02:38 10,316 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beautiful looking game ^^
  • Syrette 21 Jul 2013 17:09:47 41,877 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aros wrote:
    The thought of only being able to buy one game a fortnight filled me with a sense of being part of some kind of nightmarish hell on earth.
    There's over one Vita game a fortnight worth picking up?

• RyanDS 21 Jul 2013 17:12:15 8,700 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    What is that?
  • Syrette 21 Jul 2013 17:14:00 41,877 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a screenshot.

• Murbal 21 Jul 2013 17:34:42 21,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dragon's Crown.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jul 2013 17:35:34 10,316 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrette don't knock kungfu rabbit man.
  • Deleted user 21 July 2013 20:42:43
    Guacamelee is ducking awesome. Was worried I wouldn't like it as I really didn't get on with mutant blobs attack.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jul 2013 21:07:51 10,316 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did I read that Futurelab are making a new Vita game?
  • uiruki 22 Jul 2013 00:07:19 3,531 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    4gamer have put up a 12 minute introduction to Mind/0 here. First impression - I fucking hate all these dumb names that don't use normal kanji or readings that are getting more and more common in JRPGs because they're a pain in the arse to read. If I miss someone's name in (say) an Atelier game it doesn't matter because they're all in katakana. If I do it in a game like Mind/0 I have to get out the kanji dictionary and start guessing. Still, shouldn't be as much of an issue since it's fully voiced. Music's not great either.

Still, the actual game bit looks interesting now that Zerodiv have seemingly finally let go of at least the most obvious stupid bullshit they liked from Wizardry. The Mind system looks like a more interesting risk/reward play than the Personas they're compared to, due to the way they can take damage for their masters. The one turn complete stun a character suffers if they let their Mind take terminal damage looks super rough and could end in the death they were trying to prevent anyway. The move speed looked a bit slow until they demonstrated the run function, and similarly the sped up battles look nice and quick. The skill system looks interesting too, with a potentially interesting level and fuse operation running.

In the end, it looks like it could be a strong dungeon crawler from a company I've felt that up to now has stuck a bit too closely to rules which went out of fashion in the early 90s because we play computerised RPGs to enjoy them, not to reroll stats a hundred times. It's out a week on Thursday so I'll be keeping an eye on it. The last time I took a punt - with Demon Gaze - it paid off with a mix of convenient design, an excellent implementation of From's asynchronous aid ideas from Demon's Souls and battle mechanics you could really play around with.

Edited by uiruki at 00:28:54 22-07-2013
  • jonsaan 22 Jul 2013 07:40:54 25,253 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @aros I was looking at persona 4 golden but wasn't sure if I would be out of my depth.
    Persona's characters will have you wanting to finish the game anyway! .... Probably.... Unless you hate them....... I'm bad at persuasion :| Also, thanks for the hotline miami reccommendation snow. Thoroughly enjoyed it :-D
    Not so sure about this myself. I did post my personal experience with the game in the P4 thread but never got any replies. I found it enjoyable until I hit a wall on a boss. The fight takes absolutely ages and then you get killed, after 3 goes at that I never want to play the game again. To me, it felt incredibly linear as the boss seemingly needs a certain setup and approach to kill it. I need to go back to it but just can't face the thought of fighting that bastard for another hour, only to die and have to do it all again.

FCUTA!

• RyanDS 22 Jul 2013 07:55:10 8,700 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have hit the wall twice with bosses. All I did was drop back to the first floor, then climb again. (This time doing speed run as opposed to full exploring.)

One speed run is enough to level up enough I found.
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Jul 2013 08:31:03 21,246 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got my first platinum on Virtue's Last Reward! What a game. I don't think it's quite as good as 999, mainly because I guessed a bunch of twists (as batshit mental as they are) and it left a little too much dangling for an obvious third one. Also, I was proper confused by the end, I stopped trying to work it out and just went with the story. Absolutely amazing game though, can't wait for the next one!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Murbal 22 Jul 2013 08:40:37 21,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @Murbal  - how are you getting on with your PSP Go?
    Long story!

Complained due to the condition - scratched screen, massive dodgy QC sticker, no box, unofficial charger... The seller offered a full or partial refund. As the thing worked and I always seem to lose out when I return something as I'll never return anything without paying recorded delivery (and I'll only get back what I paid) I asked about what the partial refund would be. Not heard back since.

However, over the weekend I've discovered that the Go is failing to hold a charge acceptably and that larger 1 gb + downloads are timing out. The latter wouldn't be a problem normally as I could download on pc and transfer over but as the charger is non-official it's not got a transfer cable, it's a one piece unit.

Disaster all round; I've emailed them again saying I want the refund but also that I'm hoping to be reinbursed for the postage costs. After all, they sold this mess as 'very good' condition in the first place. Their argument of 'but it is cheap' holds no weight either as for just a few pounds more I could have a boxed one from CEX.

Lesson learnt.
  • aros 22 Jul 2013 10:05:55 2,053 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poor Murbs :(
  • aros 22 Jul 2013 10:05:56 2,053 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poor Murbs :(
  • Murbal 22 Jul 2013 10:17:19 21,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did however go back to Motorstorm RC yesterday. What great fun :-)
  • RunningMan 22 Jul 2013 10:19:04 2,356 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey @Murbal,
    complain directly to Amazon. Don't settle for anything less than a complete refund.
  • cowell 22 Jul 2013 10:30:36 667 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For the benefit of the lazy (ie me), what upcoming stuff for Vita should I have my eyes on. Tearaway seems interesting and Dragon's Crown looks pretty. What else is there to get excited about this year?
  • Murbal 22 Jul 2013 10:42:01 21,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @cowell mainly the indie stuff for me - Terraria, Spelunky, Lone Survivor et al.
  • Progguitarist 22 Jul 2013 10:43:45 10,316 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rayman Legends will be great on vita too.
  • uiruki 22 Jul 2013 10:48:01 3,531 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Depends on what other systems you have and whether you speak Japanese. For those that don't I'd say TxK and Killzone (if you like the way it handles, which I don't) are pretty major and not available anywhere else. Port wise there's FF10 HD (which looks like they've done a lot of work on) and the Koei Warriors games, while updates to existing titles, should also appear. Warriors games work great on Vita when they haven't been stuffed up with touch controls and other gimmickry.
  • imamazed 22 Jul 2013 10:50:31 5,455 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Rayman Legends will be great on vita too.
    This. After just having completed Origins on vita, this is the main game I'm looking forward to. In fact, the only one really. Although I'm happy to be pleasantly suprised by Killzone and Tearaway!
  • Deleted user 22 July 2013 10:54:01
    Personally looking forward to (in no particular order)

Spelunky
    Walking Dead
    Dead Nation
    Stealth Inc
    Rayman Legends
    Lone Survivor
    Counter Spy
    God of War HD
    Tearaway
    FIFA 14( if its FIFA 14)
    Luftrausers

Like to try but not sure if they're for me