PlayStation Vita Page 640

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• BeebleB 15 Jul 2013 18:04:32 778 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like Disgaea 4 is a thing in Japan for Vita (Next Jan) so that should get a europe version. Tempted to get rid of my ps3 version as I struggle with Disgaea on the big screen. It just seems made for handhelds imo.
  • brandon-flowers 15 Jul 2013 19:18:28 179 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for that sounds like i cant really go wrong :0-)
  • Progguitarist 15 Jul 2013 19:27:18 10,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really hope fez does come to vita. Has there been any talk?
  • H1ggyLTD 15 Jul 2013 19:42:05 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes.
  • bunglebonce 15 Jul 2013 21:16:17 2,035 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fish seems to be bombarded with tweets asking for Fez on Vita. I'm sure it won't go wholly unnoticed.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• IncredibleKoosh 15 Jul 2013 21:28:17 239 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @brandon-flowers They're all excellent. Fun, addictive, great variety, catchy music, control well, they're timeless really, even the graphics still hold up because of the cartoony style. The original gets quite difficult towards the end, but I can't reccommend them enough if you've never played them.
    Consensus tends to be that the second is the peak. All great though. And Crash Team Racing is simply brilliant.
  • imamazed 15 Jul 2013 21:49:36 5,455 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I genuinely don't understand this view about games. I like my vita, but if you cared that much about the game shirley you'd play it on 360/PC? Fair enough if you don't have either of those systems, obviously. But it's the same with a lot of games on vita.
  • H1ggyLTD 15 Jul 2013 21:50:30 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You really said that to the wrong guy.
  • Spectral 15 Jul 2013 22:08:55 4,949 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    While I can see the arguement that a PS3/360/PC version could be interchangable it doesn't hold up with the vita. There is a big difference between having a game you have to play on a TV/Monitor and one on a handheld you can take on a commute,etc.
  • brandon-flowers 15 Jul 2013 22:44:15 179 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IncredibleKoosh wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @brandon-flowers They're all excellent. Fun, addictive, great variety, catchy music, control well, they're timeless really, even the graphics still hold up because of the cartoony style. The original gets quite difficult towards the end, but I can't reccommend them enough if you've never played them.
    Consensus tends to be that the second is the peak. All great though. And Crash Team Racing is simply brilliant.
    Bonus! Thats the two i went for
  • Syrette 15 Jul 2013 22:56:50 41,889 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    While I can see the arguement that a PS3/360/PC version could be interchangable it doesn't hold up with the vita. There is a big difference between having a game you have to play on a TV/Monitor and one on a handheld you can take on a commute,etc.
    Except I think he's referring to old games that you might well have already played.

If you've never owned Fez, then yeah, a Vita port sounds like a good idea.

• Spectral 15 Jul 2013 23:05:13 4,949 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    True but especially when counting indie games there are simply too many games to have played all the interesting ones unless thats all you do, even then you probably couldn't manage it. Being ported to a portable means you can play it when you otherwise wouldn't have been able too.
  • imamazed 15 Jul 2013 23:16:58 5,455 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeh I see both sides to be fair. I think I'm more talking about those that really hype about a certain game coming to vita that's out elsewhere, not those that end up getting the vita version at the same time as their interest level peaks for said game.

But then, I may be alone on that, I certainly don't get all the fuss about wanting gta5 on next gen.

Edited by imamazed at 23:17:18 15-07-2013
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 11:06:05 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I genuinely don't understand this view about games. I like my vita, but if you cared that much about the game shirley you'd play it on 360/PC? Fair enough if you don't have either of those systems, obviously. But it's the same with a lot of games on vita.
    I have Fez on 360 but don't touch it. I'm not buying it on PC because I know it will suffer the same fate. Yet stick it on a handheld and I am sold.

Much the same as KOTOR - highly unlikely to play on console/PC, now it is on tablet, I am playing it.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 11:25:55 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Logged on to Amazon all ready to splurge 55 on a 32 gb card.

Out of stock.

Ended up buying a used Psp Go for 45 instead. The psone and psp stuff can go on there instead.

I'm weaker than the average oap's bladder, I am.
    Heh. Funny though, this is exactly the path I want to take. All my kerfuffle about differing regions goes out the window then.

_ _ _

• CharlieStCloud 16 Jul 2013 11:32:06 4,691 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Um, where the heck can you buy a PSP go! for 45?

... I'd bite at that price.
  • Murbal 16 Jul 2013 11:34:26 21,547 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud from a seller on Amazon marketplace - Swallow Games I think it was; 'very good' condition... We'll see when it gets here!
  • Murbal 16 Jul 2013 11:35:40 21,547 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That said, CEX have a load online (probably best to avoid the discounted ones but unboxed should be ok).

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=psp+go&ispostback=1&mode=buy&refinecat=PSP+Consoles
  • CharlieStCloud 16 Jul 2013 11:36:00 4,691 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ta very much!

... do let us know please.

: )
  • Murbal 16 Jul 2013 11:37:48 21,547 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game have the white for 40 and the black for 45. Naturally both are out of stock but you could always set up a stock alert.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 11:38:46 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    That said, CEX have a load online (probably best to avoid the discounted ones but unboxed should be ok).

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=psp+go&ispostback=1&mode=buy&refinecat=PSP+Consoles
    Discounted can be as much as "displays a visual impairment". My PSVita is disco-cunted and is flawless pretty much. Just needed a clean up.

For a parallel, their phones, to get an A grade, it needs to be as new. As such, even with the thing being practically flawless, my phone trade ins have always been a B for the most minute scuff.

Best bet is to go in and have a look at the discounted ones. IF you can find one near you (which is my biggest PSPgo bugbear).

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 11:39:36 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh and this is 42 in a buy it now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PSP-go-Piano-Black-Handheld-System-/281136777672?clk_rvr_id=500968546406&mfe=sidebar

(although I just read it is pretty scuffed)

Edited by Widge at 11:40:12 16-07-2013

_ _ _

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 11:41:22
    Widge wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I have Fez on 360 but don't touch it. I'm not buying it on PC because I know it will suffer the same fate. Yet stick it on a handheld and I am sold.

Much the same as KOTOR - highly unlikely to play on console/PC, now it is on tablet, I am playing it.
    Do you guys perfer indies on the big screen or handheld ?

I got it in my head to enjoy indies i have to play them on the small screen, yet i never really played and indie title, aside from pullbox, on a small screen, and i have enjoyed games from pacman, through to pixel junk series massively on the big screen.
  • imamazed 16 Jul 2013 11:46:01 5,455 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:

I got it in my head to enjoy indies i have to play them on the small screen, yet i never really played and indie title, aside from pullbox, on a small screen, and i have enjoyed games from pacman, through to pixel junk series massively on the big screen.
    The size of the screen I'm playing it on doesn't come into tbh. Boring things like price and HDD size do. For me, if I wanted to play something that badly, I wouldn't wait for one version or another.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 11:58:15
    I think you get a more personal experience in your hand in my opinion.

Loved limbo on the 360, but feels more atmospheric on the vita.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 12:00:49 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:

Small screen and form factor.

There was something about Disgaea 3 on the PS3 that, once I had booted it up, I immediately thought "I'd rather be playing this on a portable device".

Some games just have a feel about them, it's hard to quantify. Like I'd rather Wipeout on a portable, I'd rather Lumines on a portable. Sometimes it is because it is an indie title, sometimes because it is an HD makeover... yet I don't think I'd argue against having Demon's Souls on a Vita (which will never happen because of perma-online).

I think having the option to decamp to portable is a benefit in general, it's nice to just be able to get something up and running when and wherever.

_ _ _

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 12:00:51
    Is there a way to be able to activate a 30 day ps+ code without owning a ps console?

I have a mate who's getting a vita as a birthday present, he has an account set up but as of yet no system.

Just thought I'd could purchase or put in the download queue the current ps+ deals so he doesn't miss out.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 12:02:25
    Syrette wrote:
    Spectral wrote:
    Except I think he's referring to old games that you might well have already played.

If you've never owned Fez, then yeah, a Vita port sounds like a good idea.
    I own fez and a shit ton of other indie games which I don't touch on the 360. Would just love it on the vita.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 12:05:11
    Widge wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

Small screen and form factor.

There was something about Disgaea 3 on the PS3 that, once I had booted it up, I immediately thought "I'd rather be playing this on a portable device".

Some games just have a feel about them, it's hard to quantify. Like I'd rather Wipeout on a portable, I'd rather Lumines on a portable. Sometimes it is because it is an indie title, sometimes because it is an HD makeover... yet I don't think I'd argue against having Demon's Souls on a Vita (which will never happen because of perma-online).

I think having the option to decamp to portable is a benefit in general, it's nice to just be able to get something up and running when and wherever.
    Yeah lumines on the big screen doesn't quite work for me, but on the small screen its nice just to lay on a sofa and totally absorbed in it.
  • HiddenAway 16 Jul 2013 12:10:43 14,789 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow Log in, click name, select Redeem Codes

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Page

of 900 First / Last