PlayStation Vita Page 601

• Page

of 902 First / Last

• vurt 12 Jun 2013 12:04:29 120 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shahid Kamal Ahmad (@shahidkamal) put a load of info in a series of tweets about 9hrs ago explaining the lack of vita love, I've put them together below:

Vitabros, Vita fans, GAFfers, listen up. Ready? This is for you.
    My team is called Strategic Content. Iíll tell you what our mission is. Engage with developers and partners to sign great games.
    we have a plan to deliver over 50 titles to PS Vita, some of which we have been announcing for many months. More announcements will come.
    Those 50 titles are in just one year. Many from independent developers, some from publishers and others.
    We are going to carry on working with developers and other partners to ensure great games come to PS Vita. We have senior management support
    I spend my personal time to engage with customers and partners, relentlessly. If you know me, or have been following me, you know this
    Some of the more upset fans (I love you, because you have passion for the machine that is my life) say this was not a good E3 for Vita.
    I have to politely disagree. Here are some of the things specifically called out in what was mainly a PS4 conferenceÖ
    Walking Dead - Vita special. God of War HD Dead Nation You know of Killzone and Tearaway
    I had one diet coke to celebrate our beautiful press event yesterday, then I went back to my room and got back to work on Vita.
    Hereís what weíre showing at E3
    Spelunky - best on Vita
    Stick it to the Man on Vita - it is beautiful. See it.
    Luftrausers - day in date and frickin awesome on Vita - by award winning Vlambeer
    Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - best on Vita
    Hotline Miami - best on Vita
    Lone Survivor: Directorís Cut - massively enhanced, best on Vita
    And more. First time these games have all been seen together in public
    We have over 20 titles on the slate which we havenít announced for Vita. We are working non-stop to bring more.
    This morning I saw Frozen Synapse: Tactics. It is completely remade over the original and looks amazing on Vita, by the brilliant Double 11
    This morning I also saw another nice Vita title that is coming soon. You will like it and itís in a genre we donít have much cover of
    I recently asked you for input on jrpgs. The community responded overwhlemingly.
    I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the #jrpgvita feedback. IT was monumental. I am already acting on it.
    I canít promise you all you want. I can promise you that I will break my back as I have always done serving your interests
    That ďbig amazing titleĒ I teased a while back? That is by a big third party. Iím sorry, I canít announce it - itís too soon.
    You should know this about me. I tell the truth. I break my back for you and I work tirelessly on my mission and so does my team.
    We work as hard as our partners do and often harder. My right hand man Lorenzo is a machine. He puts in STUPID hours.
    We will do everything we can do bring you #jrpgvita - but it will take time and it will need partner support. You can help :-)
    Remember also that all PS4 games will be playable on Vita (if they donít have Move or Camera support) - that is huge. Eventually, Gaikai too
    You ask about AAA games. Well, there are many, many games coming from third parties, but I cannot discuss our parntersí plans.
    I can tell you what Strategic Content is doing. Everything in our power. Everything. We work nights, we work weekends, we are on it.
    You didnít think Vita got the love at the press event. This is probably the most important year in our history. Guess what the priority was?
    Strategic Content and other groups have been announcing Vita games all year and will continue to announce and release them.
    One year ago, we were in a very different position with Vita. Now, we have so many devs engaged itís incredible.
    I have had Vita meetings all day. With large partners, with medium, with small. More and more stuff is coming to Vita.
    The bigger projects? They take time. They are expensive. So we donít announce them early. Asking me to pre-reveal wonít move me.
    I love our customers and fans, but I will never betray the trust of our partners. So I canít just announce their work :-)
    I donít switch off. I am your advocate within Sony. I am working on Vita constantly. I love it. I want you to be happy.
    I spend a *lot* of time I could spend with my family chatting with fans. If you are unhappy, I will engage. If you are rude, I wonít.
    Today, I agreed in principle a deal for another outstanding game for Vita. Now, Iím going to get back to talking to partners about more.
    I like having a frank and honest dialogue with you, but you should know this. Vita is buzzing. MY heart is full of it. Yours should be too.
    Some people have been disrespectful about indies. Please, that is really wrong. They are the future of video games.
    George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, they were once indies. :-)
    And some of the indies are already making games that not that long ago were considered ďAAAĒ
    The truth is, there is space for all of us. A good game is a good game. We provide a platform. Enjoy from a varied menu :-)
    Ask anyone who has followed me or engaged with me for the last 6 months or more. I do not break my word. I deliver.
    Remember how things were a year ago. Look at the world today. PlayStation is the happening platform.
    I could be on Skype to my wife and kids. Instead, I took my hour break and missed my coach back to the hotel to show you respect.
    So if I do that for you, I do it because I will do what it takes to win your trust. That is my philosophy. What is yours? With me #vitabros?
  • mikeck 12 Jun 2013 12:48:42 1,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know Shahid, and have worked with him before, I can attest to the measure of the man.

He will personally ensure that the Vita is well looked after, and move heaven and earth to get great content onto the platform.
  • dominalien 12 Jun 2013 12:50:33 6,745 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's all nice and good, but I'd rather poke my eye out than be a #vitabro. Whatever that is.

PSN: DonOsito

• HiddenAway 12 Jun 2013 12:52:38 14,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it was more in response to the criticism that he's been getting this week, about being a liar or a sham.

I'm sick of hearing that Vita is dead just because it wasn't seen much at this year's press conference. Sony have something called the PS4 out this year. If they didn't show the games for it, the momentum that the PS4 gained through MS's panned reveal and subsequent controversies would have dissipated because it would look like that MS at least had the games to back up their console.

Yes, I would have liked more but people need to remember that E3 is not just about the press conferences (yes I know they're the bits everyone remembers). Head to the Playstation Blog and look out for news on titles. There will probably be some live streams from the show floor later.

Oh, and this isn't aimed at anyone here in particular. Just the general mood everywhere else. I'm probably one of those desperate for the games to stop so I can get a foothold in my backlog - I think I've finished a grand total of 3 games this year :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• steveb07 12 Jun 2013 13:59:33 833 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jeff Minter is working on a new Vita game which Shahid has also done a deal on.

PSN: IIIQuid

• HiddenAway 12 Jun 2013 14:29:08 14,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @steveb07 That will be TxK (Tempest 2000 reimaging)

• Trowel 12 Jun 2013 17:35:01 16,887 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Missed God of War HD, very nice.
  • Psychotext 12 Jun 2013 18:03:11 52,822 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    I'm sick of hearing that Vita is dead just because it wasn't seen much at this year's press conference.
    It's dead for a whole lot more reasons than that.
  • steveb07 12 Jun 2013 18:44:15 833 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @steveb07 That will be TxK (Tempest 2000 reimaging)
    Yes, and if you follow @llamasoft_ox on twitter he's having loads of fun making it :-)
    And getting great support from Sony. They are really helping Indie devs a lot these days.

PSN: IIIQuid

• RyanDS 12 Jun 2013 18:52:34 8,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    I'm sick of hearing that Vita is dead just because it wasn't seen much at this year's press conference.
    It's dead for a whole lot more reasons than that.
    Thank god someone told me. I thought I was enjoying an hour or so every day on it and quite like the indie stuff upcoming, also really glad I'm not excited for Killzone anymore.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 19:03:08
    I love my Vita!!! My xbox hasn't been on for a week! :)
  • Zizoo 12 Jun 2013 19:11:54 7,725 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I reckon in the very least it has a lifeline due to PS4 remote-play, whether it needed it or not, I'm not sure.
  • Psychotext 12 Jun 2013 19:34:36 52,822 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Thank god someone told me. I thought I was enjoying an hour or so every day on it and quite like the indie stuff upcoming, also really glad I'm not excited for Killzone anymore.
    I don't think it being dead or not has any significant effect of people's enjoyment of it. I bought a Gamecube when it was dead and I had loads of fun.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 19:54:08
    Motorstorm RC worth a punt?
  • cheeky_prawnking 12 Jun 2013 19:55:27 3,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes fantastic game.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Jun 2013 19:57:37 1,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Essential Vita purchase, imo.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:02:09
    The complete version chaps? £7+
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Jun 2013 20:04:24 1,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yip.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:07:12
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Yip.
    Good stuff, mrpon pointed me in the direction of PSN ID's am I ok to drop you's a friends request to have something to aim for on the leader boards?
  • HiddenAway 12 Jun 2013 20:16:17 14,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Games at E3 (according to the SCEE rep):

Tearaway
    Batman Blackgate
    The Walking Dead
    Open Me
    Toroís Friend Network (out in US)

Destiny of Spirits
    Dragonís Crown
    Killzone Mercenary
    XS Memories of Celeceta
    Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Muramasa rebirth
    Valhalla Knights
    Olli Olli
    Jak & Daxter Collection
    Epic mickey 2

Rayman Legends
    Deathmatch Village
    Menís Room Mayhem (Out now)
    Stick it to the Man
    Pinball Heroes

Floating Cloud God saves the pilgrims in HD
    Flower
    Aban Hawkins & the 100 Spikes
    Hotline Miami
    Luftrausers

Limbo (Out now)
    Spelunky
    Velocity Ultra (Out now)
    Fieldrunners 2
    Dragon Fantasy Book 2

Kick Beat
    Runner 2 - Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
    Hohokum
    Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
    Lone Survivor: Directorís Cut

Edited by HiddenAway at 20:22:19 12-06-2013

• Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:22:08
    wow - is there away to download all the extras for motorstorm RC without having to do them individually zzzzzzzzzzZ
  • santashi 12 Jun 2013 20:28:26 4,940 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I want Dragon's Crown localisation news! ;)

One of the games that I'm most looking forward to is Lone Survivor. I pretty much never play games on the computer (various reasons), but I was very intrigued by the reports I read about it.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Deleted user 12 June 2013 20:31:37
    Can't wait for Spelunky!
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Jun 2013 20:41:03 1,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No worries, snowman.

Surely we'll be getting DuckTales too...?
  • kentmonkey 12 Jun 2013 20:41:55 20,092 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    No worries, snowman.

Was that, toowoowoooo?
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Jun 2013 20:42:59 1,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :D
  • santashi 12 Jun 2013 20:43:59 4,940 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    No worries, snowman.

I keep hoping for that with every article on it! I loved Ducktales when I was little and a nostalgia trip with the characters would be no bad thing.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dpezzer 12 Jun 2013 21:51:04 30 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Evening folks,the wife has just picked up my vita from Argos the 3g model for £170,despite the fact I can't have it till my birthday at the wkend I've had a quick nosey and noticed they haven't included the free copy of 'lbp' and the 4 gig memory card and it wasn't mentioned at checkout.Has anyone else had dealings with Argos?
  • Help_me 12 Jun 2013 21:55:44 907 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    I love my Vita!!! My xbox hasn't been on for a week! :)
    My Xbox hasn't been on since February 22nd 2012. Funnily enough coinciding with the release of a certain new handheld console!
  • greenmekon 12 Jun 2013 22:12:35 150 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love my vita and its my most used console since February. Nothing like gaming on my lunch break at work
  • Page

of 902 First / Last