PlayStation Vita Page 571

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• Progguitarist 3 May 2013 14:31:52 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You are the father Dougal mc Guire of gaming Greg.

:)
  • uiruki 3 May 2013 14:32:34 3,531 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I honestly don't think it's trolling. I don't think it's accurate, but I can definitely see how people would think they were sold a bill of goods with games like FIFA, Call of Duty, Uncharted and AC, which haven't really been followed up on. When they say "no games" they mean "no games that they have any interest in".

The game I'm looking forward to most on the Vita is Sen no Kiseki - not only a PS3 port, but a niche, low-budget JRPG which almost certainly will not get released in English. That doesn't help the people looking for mainstream portable gaming for when they are commuting or can't control the telly, and nor do a bunch of indie games that many of those who are interested in have already bought and played on the PC. Maybe at E3 they'll announce a whole load of titles which will appeal to western players. The reality is, though, that there's every chance that it will become a platform simply used for low cost cross-platform releases of indie games and niche Japanese stuff that doesn't suit the 3DS audience. No amount of Soul Sacrifices, Senran Kaguras and Oboromuramasa ports will fix that.
  • Gregolution 3 May 2013 14:38:29 3,116 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:

hahaha
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 14:43:21 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't see how anyone could disagree with the fact that when it comes to original content, the Vita is massively lacking. Almost everything released of late is a port of either a PS3/indie game.

I've played most of them already and they were cheaper the first time they were released.

I was hoping Soul Sacrifice would address that but sadly, the demo was pretty mediocre for me.
  • santashi 3 May 2013 15:07:38 4,933 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:

I'm now going to picture Dougal every time I read Greg's posts. :D

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gregolution 3 May 2013 15:31:35 3,116 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Progguitarist

I don't know... I've found so many really original games on the vita. Mutant Blobs, Guacamelee, VLR, Motorstorm RC, Rocketbirds Gravity Rush and now Soul Sacrifice. Then I've also enjoyed loads of other games that you dismiss because they're ports but I never played them before - P4G, Oddworld, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2 (psp yes but didn't have one at the time).

Then there's non original games that I've also loved. LBP, Uncharted, PS all stars (this one is a bit average). etc.

Maybe it's because I barely touched a ps2 and dont have a pc for indie games - but the Vita has really delivered for me. I play it all the time.

It's also come at the right time for me being a parent now so portable gaming is ideal.

It is lacking in brand new Triple A original IP. Yes. But it's still my most played and favourite portable console.

And that's not because I'm dumb and Irish :)
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 15:54:49 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh right there Ted.

Most of the games you listed are available on other formats.

Guacamelee - Ps3
    VLR - 3DS
    Motorstorm - PS3
    Rocketbirds - Steam, PS3
    Thomas Was Alone - Ps3, Steam
    Knytt Underground - etc

Then the upcoming games...

Hotline Miami - Steam
    Lone Survivor - Steam
    Terraria - Steam, 360, PS3

There's a few iOS crossovers too aren't there?

Why bother with any of those titles at inflated prices?

Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush are two new IP's but they've been less than stellar.

I did enjoy Uncharted and I love LBP...easily the best game on Vita for me.
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 16:02:42 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also: Best game ever lads
  • TheSaint 3 May 2013 16:16:24 13,629 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I've played most of them already and they were cheaper the first time they were released.
    As a PS-Plus subscriber they are definitely cheaper for me on Vita. I don't think I've brought a game since NFS but plus has enabled me to play and enjoy games I would have ignored otherwise.

Also it is a bit unfair to put PS3/Vita cross play games that came out at the same time in with multi-format ports.

Edited by TheSaint at 16:16:32 03-05-2013
  • Gregolution 3 May 2013 16:40:26 3,116 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Progguitarist

Like I said, I don't have a pc and I play my Vita way more than my home console. (
    Maybe it's because I barely touched a ps2 and dont have a pc for indie games - but the Vita has really delivered for me. I play it all the time.
    I'm explaining to you why it's been such a great console for me. I thought I explained myself in the last post. I said they were original game experiences TO ME. And I played them on my Vita. Why would I care if they're on PS3 as well?

Edited by Gregolution at 16:44:44 03-05-2013
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 18:25:15 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    @Progguitarist

Like I said, I don't have a pc and I play my Vita way more than my home console. (
    I'm explaining to you why it's been such a great console for me. I thought I explained myself in the last post. I said they were original game experiences TO ME. And I played them on my Vita. Why would I care if they're on PS3 as well?
  • Gregolution 3 May 2013 18:28:07 3,116 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok....

Anyone know the release date for god eater? I'm turning into a monster hunter style fanboi. Going to get mh as promotion game for my 3ds, got soul sacrifice, need to prepare for the next fix :)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 May 2013 18:28:24 24,565 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is the worst internet argument in at least a day.
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 18:29:18 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We're arguing?
  • santashi 3 May 2013 18:39:03 4,933 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Ok....

Anyone know the release date for god eater? I'm turning into a monster hunter style fanboi. Going to get mh as promotion game for my 3ds, got soul sacrifice, need to prepare for the next fix :)
    '2013'. :p

Here's the website if you want to keep up to date on it: Linky

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• aros 3 May 2013 21:07:34 2,053 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    If there's anything worse than negativity, it's a crack smoking fanboy.
    I own every current handheld and home console bar the Wii U but have a Wii.
  • Deleted user 3 May 2013 22:46:25
    I love how every time I try to transfer the monthly PS+ free vita stuff across I both need to update the fucking thing and then the memory card stops working.

Every.
    Single.
    Time.
  • mrpon 3 May 2013 22:57:29 27,645 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried scheduling the download from a browser spud? It'll then automatically download on the Vita.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Gregolution 4 May 2013 19:43:52 3,116 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @spudsbuckley

Why are you even doing that?
  • Progguitarist 4 May 2013 22:34:49 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are there any reviews for zombie tycoon?
  • jagg3r 4 May 2013 23:27:42 993 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Are there any reviews for zombie tycoon?
    Some gameplay and info
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/05/01/zombie-tycoon-ii-lets-play
  • jagg3r 5 May 2013 10:19:41 993 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Posted this in the bargain thread but for anyone interested, Black ops declassified for 19.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ps-vita-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/1148565701.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f100203%2fq%2fvita%2fr%2f100

After trying to play resistance burning skies by the same developer, I wouldn't recommend this at a fiver.
  • brn 5 May 2013 13:57:53 217 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I could totally buy CoD for MP only. problem is it's just like 5 maps or something, and they look really boring.

for the next one (big if) they should really try to match the main game in terms of features and content.
  • FortysixterUK 5 May 2013 15:53:38 382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was considering a PS vita, I'm a sucker for under performing hardware it would appear, as I recently purchased the Wii-u Monster hunter kit, but was hoping the Vita allowed for a video signal to be output to a TV.

Of course, Ive since discovered the current version doesn't, so the purchase is kind of on hold.

Then I found this:-

PS Vita new model specs

Is anyone here ( maybe working in the games industry) able to confirm this as fact or just conjecture ?

The ability to hook up to an HDMI port would be perfect.

Edited by FortysixterUK at 15:54:05 05-05-2013
  • H1ggyLTD 5 May 2013 16:03:45 1,373 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why hook it up to a tele?
  • Aretak 5 May 2013 16:56:12 10,329 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The ability to capture gameplay footage would be one of the biggest things to be added with a HDMI out. I know that's not something the average Vita owner is going to do, but it's a real issue with the current system for gaming sites and the like, with it being impossible to capture video from it without hardware modification (or having access to a dev kit).

Giant Bomb got a modified Vita with a video out grafted into it last week and subsequently did their first Quick Look video of a Vita game since launch. It'll also help with getting more footage available on Youtube and the like, to allow people to get a proper look at what the system can do, rather than dealing with awful off-screen recordings.

Edited by Aretak at 16:59:22 05-05-2013
  • jonsaan 5 May 2013 19:03:41 25,252 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I don't see how anyone could disagree with the fact that when it comes to original content, the Vita is massively lacking. Almost everything released of late is a port of either a PS3/indie game.

I was hoping Soul Sacrifice would address that but sadly, the demo was pretty mediocre for me.
    I think that's pretty much all gaming right now though. Everything is a sequel or a port. Even the latest stuff on and announced for 3DS. Not a single game is a new idea. Obviously there's the odd exception but it's not very common is it?

FCUTA!

• brn 5 May 2013 19:44:33 217 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FortysixterUK nothing's been heard of that model since feb so I would guess it to be another dev model or something similar. a consumer product would never look like that.

i really don't think tv out should weigh in as much in your decision anyway. if you got hdmi out it wouldn't look great at all. the PSP-2000 had TV out and it looked like puke upscaled. not media or even youtube worthy.
  • danathjo 5 May 2013 20:14:27 6,909 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So if I was going to buy just one psn game out of sound shapes and Thomas was alone what would be the better choice?

I know twa is on ps+ but I'm going to wait until I get a bigger card before rejoining
  • H1ggyLTD 5 May 2013 20:20:40 1,373 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sound Shapes, for me.
  • Page

of 900 First / Last