PlayStation Vita Page 569

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• santashi 28 Apr 2013 14:06:18 4,926 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @RyanDS You have more to do than you think you do.

As well as skipping to certain scenes as Murbal suggests, you can also fast forward within a scene. It will stop automatically when it gets to something you haven't read before.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• RyanDS 28 Apr 2013 19:09:50 8,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And platinumed.

A sold 9/10 game. Or maybe 5/10. I can't really decide. It is howev truly unique and well worth playing though.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Apr 2013 19:13:08 10,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad you enjoyed it. I thought VLR was ace!
  • jonsaan 28 Apr 2013 19:14:56 25,248 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My hat is off to you if you can platinum a game you are on the fence about. First hint of frustration and I'm off to play something else.

FCUTA!

• RyanDS 28 Apr 2013 19:20:42 8,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    My hat is off to you if you can platinum a game you are on the fence about. First hint of frustration and I'm off to play something else.
    As I say, despite its annoyances it is very compelling and addictive.

And I can forgive just about anything in any game if the story is good.
  • jonsaan 28 Apr 2013 19:22:49 25,248 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I will try it. I'm terrible though, constantly searching for a game I love, yet failing miserably. I was enjoying Prof Leyton Miracle Mask for a few hours but it's now like sitting in double maths waiting for the home time bell. :(

FCUTA!

• Murbal 28 Apr 2013 20:14:59 21,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blimey. DJ max is bloomin' HARD. Addictive but crushingly difficult.
  • Flying_Pig 29 Apr 2013 08:28:50 10,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guys - any thoughts about a Vita game Loansies thing?

I've got a few Vita games which I'd be more than happy to lend to some Vita Regs, and equally a few games I'd like to try, but don't want to actually buy...

I know Kentmonkey's loansies group is pretty much dead, but I wonder if a smaller group of more 'dedicated' gamers might fair better...?
  • RyanDS 29 Apr 2013 08:32:02 8,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I will happily lend my whole collection of card based games. Both Monkey ball and FIFA.

Everything else I have digital.
  • GeezaTap 29 Apr 2013 08:47:06 289 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Virtues last reward is a bit shit isn't it? Slow text, puzzles are fun but limited, and it's annoying as shit having to go through every fucking iteration of every choice and rewatch the same melodrama with just enough minor changes that you can't skip it as there is sure to be one interesting nugget.

On the plus side I only have 3 named endings and only 4 branches of the story left to do I think. Fucking awesome addictive interesting crap shitty boring superb game.
    Loving the last sentence of this. All the worst points of Visual Novels, although it's clear that the creator is doing it as a troll he just about gets away with.

K in the Rec Lounge just about makes up for all the plodding points, although I did cheat as seem as there was a puzzle based on Minesweeper as I suck at it

Currently on Thomas Was Alone.
  • santashi 29 Apr 2013 08:48:34 4,926 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Guys - any thoughts about a Vita game Loansies thing?

I've got a few Vita games which I'd be more than happy to lend to some Vita Regs, and equally a few games I'd like to try, but don't want to actually buy...

I know Kentmonkey's loansies group is pretty much dead, but I wonder if a smaller group of more 'dedicated' gamers might fair better...?
    Sounds like a good idea to me! :)

• aros 29 Apr 2013 11:35:39 2,036 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Preordered Dragons Crown, Muramasa and Ys.
  • Murbal 29 Apr 2013 11:38:47 21,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi was your customs charge on a larger than normal package?
  • Murbal 29 Apr 2013 11:39:16 21,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @aros ooh... Hadn't thought of Ys. Didn't get on with 7 though.
  • aros 29 Apr 2013 12:39:13 2,036 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought the video on VG+ made it look quite good, ive never played one before
  • TheSaint 29 Apr 2013 13:03:05 13,629 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished Thomas Was Alone last night and really enjoyed it. Has anyone brought the DLC?
  • aros 29 Apr 2013 13:03:33 2,036 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    aros wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    aros wrote:
    Do you guys preorder from VG+ with "take money on shipping" then cancel the order if they are announced for the EU?
    Yup.
    Have you ever got hit with any customs charges or import fees? That's my biggest worry.
    Okay, looks like I was wrong about this! Apparently I've got 14 customs charges (about half what I paid for the game+postage). :(
    Oh no. For a normal game? I really don't wanna pay another 45 over the three games. :(
  • aros 29 Apr 2013 13:05:08 2,036 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Finished Thomas Was Alone last night and really enjoyed it. Has anyone brought the DLC?
    I have it. It's great and well worth picking up. If you got the game through + just think of it as thanking the developers for a good time. I preferred the DLC to what I've played of the main game so far.

Does anyone still play Big Sky? Add me if you do - aros2011

Edited by aros at 13:06:32 29-04-2013
  • TheSaint 29 Apr 2013 13:44:28 13,629 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    aros wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    I have it. It's great and well worth picking up. If you got the game through + just think of it as thanking the developers for a good time. I preferred the DLC to what I've played of the main game so far.

Does anyone still play Big Sky? Add me if you do - aros2011
    Good point, I guess you can't go wrong for 2.
  • Trowel 29 Apr 2013 13:51:02 16,846 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had to give up on TWA - I found Danny Wallace's commentary to be irritatingly twee.
  • santashi 29 Apr 2013 15:14:42 4,926 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Murbal The VGP customs charge was for a normal size 3DS game (Soul Hackers). They'd put it in one of those ultra-slim boxes as they often do (just a little wider than a padded envelope, really). Guess I was just unlucky, but paying 13-14 on a game that cost around 30 including postage does rankle a little!

• crispyduckman 29 Apr 2013 17:50:42 1,846 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheSaint Yep, I bought the DLC in lieu of buying the game (free on PS+ obviously). Just finished the main game but haven't started the DLC yet.

I liked the main game but I didn't think it managed to hit its potential. The narrative ended up losing some focus imo and the quality of the levels wasn't as consistently high as it could have been. Still a great game but it could have been one of my all time favourites.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• infoxicated 29 Apr 2013 23:34:36 1,021 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @dominalien There's no easy way of backing out of this, so I'm just going to come clean and say that I'm an idiot. :-\

I wasn't actually looking in the memory card slot. I was looking at whatever the port is that resides on the top edge of the Vita, along from the game card slot.

The penny partially dropped when I looked at the picture you posted and saw a serial number. Then when I got home and say that there was indeed another cover on the bottom of the Vita, opened it and saw the memory card... it was like the whole world did a synchronized facepalm and then fell silent with their heads bowed in contempt!

I told you I hadn't even looked at it since I got the thing. :-\

Anyhow, thanks for helping me figure out that the reason it was hard to see my memory card is because I was looking in the wrong place. I have no excuse.
  • ibenam 29 Apr 2013 23:36:22 1,272 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    @dominalien There's no easy way of backing out of this, so I'm just going to come clean and say that I'm an idiot. :-\

I wasn't actually looking in the memory card slot. I was looking at whatever the port is that resides on the top edge of the Vita, along from the game card slot.

The penny partially dropped when I looked at the picture you posted and saw a serial number. Then when I got home and say that there was indeed another cover on the bottom of the Vita, opened it and saw the memory card... it was like the whole world did a synchronized facepalm and then fell silent with their heads bowed in contempt!

I told you I hadn't even looked at it since I got the thing. :-\

Anyhow, thanks for helping me figure out that the reason it was hard to see my memory card is because I was looking in the wrong place. I have no excuse.
    After reading this your name is quite apt :D
  • kentmonkey 29 Apr 2013 23:42:59 20,071 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

/sniffs

It is dead. People stopped updating lists and/or even creating them. Worked well for a year though with about 30 loans done and not one, afaik, went wrong, so would be pleased to see it carry on Vita style. Feel free to pinch the "T&Cs" if it would help at all.
  • crispyduckman 30 Apr 2013 01:34:39 1,846 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @infoxicated In fairness, the mystery port is where you'd expect the memory card slot to be and the memory card slot itself is super discrete. But still...

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• dominalien 30 Apr 2013 06:17:16 6,741 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @infoxicated

Well, it's not like they're labeled or anything, so it's easy to make that mistake. Anyway, the key point here is that your card is recognised and you didn't lose any data, so let's just forget this ever happened, hmmm? :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 07:04:36 21,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @Flying_Pig

/sniffs

It is dead. People stopped updating lists and/or even creating them. Worked well for a year though with about 30 loans done and not one, afaik, went wrong, so would be pleased to see it carry on Vita style. Feel free to pinch the "T&Cs" if it would help at all.
    Aye twas a great group KM. I certainly played a couple of games and loaned a few. Was great that everyone properly took part and no one kept a game/didn't reply to emails/ran away and changed their name.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Flying_Pig 30 Apr 2013 13:00:31 10,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kentmonkey - agree, it worked brilliantly for a bit, but the activity slowly dwindled. The Requests thread pops up every now and again...

I'll create a new Group (pinching KM's T+Cs) this week and post the link in here. I know our merry Vita Owners Club can make this one work :)
  • Flying_Pig 30 Apr 2013 22:32:39 10,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Vita Loansies Group is alive!

Get to it, lads!

Edited by Flying_Pig at 22:33:27 30-04-2013
  • Page

of 898 First / Last