• Page

of 900 First / Last

• bunglebonce 20 Apr 2013 09:57:23 2,035 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    bunglebonce wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    It won't happen as Sega no longer have the Ferrari license. All digital Outrun games have been pulled.
    Sad face.
    If you stick CUstom firmware on a psp and overclock it to 333mhz Outrun coast to coast is fantastic!
    Unfortunately, I sold the PSP towards getting the Vita. I do miss Outrun.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• hypoBla5t 20 Apr 2013 10:13:36 1,264 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think SEGA Rally PSP is still up if that's any use?
  • feeg86 20 Apr 2013 10:19:08 568 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really wanted to put snes / n64 / Psone roms on the Vita, has anyone actually put custom firmware on the Vita? What's the pro's and con's of installing it? There doesn't seem to be much of a community for modding the Vita.
  • yegon 20 Apr 2013 11:06:00 4,900 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    I really wanted to put snes / n64 / Psone roms on the Vita, has anyone actually put custom firmware on the Vita? What's the pro's and con's of installing it? There doesn't seem to be much of a community for modding the Vita.
    The prospect of being potentially locked out from the store and future, fw related PS4 gimmickry kinda kills my interest in emu on the Vita. Stating the bleeding obvious, but the PSP is awesome in that it's easily hacked on the latest firmware, and will likely remain so as Sony probably don't give a crap about it now.

That said, when the Vita is end of life, it would be tremendous for emu purposes in terms of hardware.

Edited by yegon at 11:06:43 20-04-2013
  • Cosmopolitan 20 Apr 2013 12:19:52 1,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've become strangely addicted to FF VII these days, bought it from the store and intend to finish it, hopefully. After all it's the only PS1 era FF that Ive never finished.
    So far I am only on the first disk but is it always this easy? I mean easy like there is a absolutely no challenge in battles. Fine by me, though.
    Would love to try Crisis Core after this, so that I just understand what the hell is going on in THAT game. But they first need to put it on the store :(

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 12:20:20 20-04-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• Zackv4861 20 Apr 2013 12:25:19 1,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's not a difficult game by any means untill you go for Emerald or Ruby fight. Crisis core is awesome!!!!
  • H1ggyLTD 20 Apr 2013 12:52:52 1,373 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't beat the final boss (Chaos) on Final Fantasy PSP on Vita.

He just keeps healing himself whenever he gets anywhere near danger.
  • Cosmopolitan 20 Apr 2013 13:18:50 1,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Forgot one thing to share. As I can't find a thread for it, OMG Playstation All Star Battle Royale is a f*cking weirdness. You fight 2 or 3 enemies at the same time PLUS there is a boss in the background that bothers everybody with his attacks. WTF is this.
    And as I started a story mode with Kratos, fought about 4 battles then wanted to quit but couldn't find how to save the game, so I just exited and later closed its screen hoping it would auto-save. Did it f*ck.
    It's kinda addictive though.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 13:41:52 20-04-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• H1ggyLTD 20 Apr 2013 14:41:56 1,373 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I can't beat the final boss (Chaos) on Final Fantasy PSP on Vita.

He just keeps healing himself whenever he gets anywhere near danger.
    Nailed him.
  • hypoBla5t 20 Apr 2013 15:57:54 1,264 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    I've become strangely addicted to FF VII these days, bought it from the store and intend to finish it, hopefully. After all it's the only PS1 era FF that Ive never finished.
    So far I am only on the first disk but is it always this easy? I mean easy like there is a absolutely no challenge in battles. Fine by me, though.
    Would love to try Crisis Core after this, so that I just understand what the hell is going on in THAT game. But they first need to put it on the store :(
    Just got to second disk, second ever FF here after XIII. It's good, but yeah it is a bit easy at the moment.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Apr 2013 16:49:19 12,595 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    Just got to second disk, second ever FF here after XIII. It's good, but yeah it is a bit easy at the moment.
    In general, Final Fantasy 7 very easy. Status ailments vanish between fights, every character is competent with a physical attack and there are very few threatening bad guys.

I think the only time I ever came unstuck was being under levelled when I went to the Temple Of The Ancients in my first play through. The "wall" there nailed me and there was no chance to go grind or get out. Thus the lesson of multiple save slots was learnt.

Nowadays, I have made a point of having Aeris' Lv4 limit before there, so my guys are rampantly invincible.

Finding FF4 (DS conversion) a different prospect. Ailments carry over, I have people in my squad who are bobbins with physical attacks, some monsters require certain types of attack to beat... much more strategy required (and it is where I note that FF9 has taken most of its cues from).

Still, I do love FF7, even if it is just for its delightful plot. No Final Fantasy was really a challenge from that point though. Dying in a Final Fantasy usually turned out to either be a huge misjudgement or my mettle was being tested by the special end game secret areas.

Crisis Core is ok. Think of it as a Revenge Of The Sith as far as impact goes. The nearer you get to certain incidents at the end of the game, the greater the impact and involvement gets. My dampening moment with that game was the fact I found a relatively easy and effective way to nail all the bad guys from start to finish. Plus I was REALLY hanking for proper jRPG, not action jRPG.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Ror1984 20 Apr 2013 17:25:51 2,088 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Finding FF4 (DS conversion) a different prospect. Ailments carry over, I have people in my squad who are bobbins with physical attacks, some monsters require certain types of attack to beat...
    Not to mention the Dark Elf in his magnetic cave :(
    (figured it best to spoiler that in hindsight, as you say you're playing it currently).

As for Crisis Core, I was really excited about revisiting FFVII locations in 3D, but something just didn't feel right (not just that layouts were a bit different in places). I still enjoyed it though, and the ending was great. I'd love for them to put it on PSN (along with the PSP Star Oceans), then I could retire my tired old 1000 model.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Widge Moderator 20 Apr 2013 17:49:18 12,595 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The thing about revisiting Midgar was that it didn't look as good as the PSone version! Midgar was all grimey and textured, and the PSP revisiting was all shiny flat polygons.

Hence why if FF7 ever got remade, I'd kill for it to keep that 2D style, but really go to town with the artwork. Also why Chaos Rings pains me as it PSone Final Fantasy in visuals, but not in game.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• ecureuil 20 Apr 2013 18:00:43 76,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Judging by how awful the DS 3D remakes were, I wouldn't trust them with redoing FFVII.
  • Ror1984 20 Apr 2013 18:13:27 2,088 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Widge Yeah, I think you might be onto something there! I think it's also partly down to the static camera angles in VII giving a sense of atmosphere and scale that a 3D camera can't really replicate.

As for your thoughts of a VII remake, that's essentially what I wrote in this here rant, if you're bored and have nothing better to do.

@ecureuil I loved IV DS. It did look a bit ropey (and Yuri Lowenthal really does get into everything...), but it was basically 2.5D anyway.

Edited by Ror1984 at 18:13:49 20-04-2013

• ecureuil 20 Apr 2013 18:28:43 76,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought the ugly art style completely ruined the atmosphere/feel of the game. It was a bit like when your favourite book is turned in to a film, and none of the on-screen characters feel even remotely like the ones you have in your head. That was what the DS remake of FFIV felt like to me. It wasn't the same game I loved when I was growing up.
  • Ror1984 20 Apr 2013 18:32:49 2,088 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can understand that. It was the first time I'd played it, so I didn't have any prior feelings towards it.

• Short-Round 20 Apr 2013 19:50:14 1,114 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still enjoying the Vita, hooked on LBP. If anyone still plays, LittleBig forums have released the first community picks Vita pack, a couple of really good levels in it.
  • H1ggyLTD 20 Apr 2013 19:51:29 1,373 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I played a good one that was all about the creation of the atom bomb, i think...

Decent.
  • jamesi 22 Apr 2013 12:30:50 186 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are there any good horror silent hill type games on the vita?
  • santashi 22 Apr 2013 12:37:36 4,929 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jamesi wrote:
    Are there any good horror silent hill type games on the vita?
    There is technically a Silent Hill game (Silent Hill: Book of Memories) but apparently it's not very Silent Hill, funnily enough.

There are some PSP horror games, but I've only played the Corpse Party ones (which aren't very SH either!) and I'm not sure which of the others are Vita compatible.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Zizoo 22 Apr 2013 12:49:19 7,705 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jamesi

Silent Hill 1 (PS1)
  • jamesi 22 Apr 2013 13:07:14 186 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers yeah i had heard about that silent hill that isn't really silent hill one.It's got pretty poor reviews.zizou will check out ps1 section when i open vita tonight.So it seems there is a lack of horror on vita though despite it being perfectly suited to handheld ie lights out headphones on full blast:-)
  • santashi 22 Apr 2013 13:15:42 4,929 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jamesi If you like horror through your headphones then Corpse Party might be for you after all. :D I find the 3D sound very raising-the-hairs-on-the-back-of-you-neck creepy.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Cosmopolitan 22 Apr 2013 13:17:53 1,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is also a PSP game Obscure The Aftermath - a port of an older PS2 game, I might be wrong but I think it's available on the store. I remember playing it in the olden days of PSP glory and quite liking it.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 13:18:58 22-04-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• Kay 22 Apr 2013 13:21:39 17,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't Silent Hill: Origins on the store? That was quite decent, from what I played of it.

Actually, I've still got the UMD if anyone with a PSP wants it.
  • aros 22 Apr 2013 13:35:06 2,053 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thomas Was Alone got an 8/10 from IGN and a positive review with the only complaint being that it's not that long. For an asking price of 6 you can't expect a very long game though.
  • Murbal 22 Apr 2013 13:36:50 21,547 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Thomas Was Alone got an 8/10 from IGN and a positive review with the only complaint being that it's not that long. For an asking price of 6 you can't expect a very long game though.
    and it's free on PS+ this week, is it not?
  • Zizoo 22 Apr 2013 13:43:08 7,705 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    There is also a PSP game Obscure The Aftermath - a port of an older PS2 game, I might be wrong but I think it's available on the store. I remember playing it in the olden days of PSP glory and quite liking it.
    That looks pretty interesting, and it is on the store. A bit pricey though.
  • greenmekon 22 Apr 2013 17:23:08 150 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    aros wrote:
    and it's free on PS+ this week, is it not?
    Yes it is
  • Page

of 900 First / Last