PlayStation Vita Page 548

• Page

of 899 First / Last

• brn 30 Mar 2013 06:00:48 217 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Syrette

i don't agree. i've been holding off buying most of these because most of them fit the portable format better than computer or console (except maybe for the multiplayer modes of Spelunky and Terraria) hoping that we'll see vita versions later on.

this is the reason i have the vita: not to play portable versions of games, but to play great games while on the go. sure i'd like "new" experiences, but more often than not i encounter games where i go: i'd be interested if this was on the vita.

i mean, why else would P4G be so popular if not because the portability of it makes the best version of it?
  • dominalien 30 Mar 2013 06:48:42 6,741 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Then the vita is not for you ffs. I have most out those games already but will buy them all again on the vita just because PC gaming is for paedos and I just don't enjoy playing the 360 anymore.
    How can you "not enjoy playing the 360 anymore"? You mean you don't like sitting on your sofa with a controller in hand? What about your PS3?
    Dunno about mowgli, but in my case it's just that the Vita is always there, so I don't have to go to the living room, ask everyone to leave, close the drapes, turn on the whole shebang, sit down and play. With the PSP before it, I always found myself wishing I were playing a non-existent full blown console version with the proper pad instead; I don't get this with the Vita at all.

So in my case it's just a matter of convenience. I don't think my gaming environment (free time, access to TV, etc.) have changed either, it's just that the Vita really is console quality experience in your pocket, so most of the time I don't need to turn on the big equipment to get my proper gaming fix.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 07:25:48
    Syrette wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Then the vita is not for you ffs. I have most out those games already but will buy them all again on the vita just because PC gaming is for paedos and I just don't enjoy playing the 360 anymore.
    How can you "not enjoy playing the 360 anymore"? You mean you don't like sitting on your sofa with a controller in hand? What about your PS3?
    Partly, but mainly it is because I just prefer playing games on the vita if given a chance. I pprefer the vita experience to sitting in front of the TV waiting for the 360 to load up. I no longer have a ps3.
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 07:26:38
    Or pretty much what Dom said!

Edited by mowgli at 07:26:54 30-03-2013
  • atomicjuicer 30 Mar 2013 07:43:30 274 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mowgli plus vita doesn't have ads built in to the OS dashboard yet.

Singstar ad on PS3 can burn in hell
    Xbox dashboard is even more fucked

Turns me right off my hobby.
  • Cosmopolitan 30 Mar 2013 10:40:41 1,891 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    PC gaming is for paedos
    I'm a paedo \0/

Seriously my new laptop has totally rekindled my love for gaming. Just now enjoying Burnout Paradise with proper controller I wonder when was the last time I had this much fun on the PSP/Vita. Probably when GTA Vice City Stories was released.
    Sorry for derailing the thread, just wanted to share my joy. I seriously think the laptop is the best portable console I've ever had. I'd suggest it to anyone who got fed up with the Vita.

The Master of Unlocking.

• H1ggyLTD 30 Mar 2013 10:47:15 1,372 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What lap top you got?
  • Syrette 30 Mar 2013 10:55:04 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @brn

I should admit that I don't actually have all that much need for a portable/'on the go' console right now. I don't use public transport much and I currently don't share a TV/monitor.

This is why the amount of ports/multiformats bothers me - I can often get a better version (at least visually, on a bigger screen etc), sometimes earlier. There is nothing wrong with this - a large part of the demographic wants just that. And yet even if I was travelling all the time it's still lacking for me - but I fully expect this to be rectified at E3 and over the coming months with the likes of Soul Sacrifice, Killzone and Tearaway.

Edited by Syrette at 10:59:06 30-03-2013

• mikew1985 30 Mar 2013 10:59:22 12,042 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't believe some of you are so happy about that list of indie games and that you're giving syrette such shit . Most of them are out years and everyone has played them, even velocity is already out on vita itself.

Sure it's great that vita is getting them at all but it's not a positive portent of things to come imo . Most of them are already fully developed and require very little work to simply port.

I'll be excited when proper dedicated new indie games are debuting on vita along side other platforms. For half of those, I can buy them in steam for 2e and play them on literally any laptop.
  • Cosmopolitan 30 Mar 2013 11:03:51 1,891 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What lap top you got?
    A Lenovo with i5 and a Geforce graphics card, it's ok for what I need it to do plus it can handle the PS2 emulator decently.

The Master of Unlocking.

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 11:14:39
    I don't think he is getting any shit tbh, he is just getting a Bit predictable in this thread. A lot of people, including myself, bought the vita as they want handheld ports of these games. I actually have very little interest in gravity rush, soul sacrifice etc. that is not what I bought the console for and Im not completely alone.
  • mrpon 30 Mar 2013 11:17:22 27,643 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrette As has been mentioned, I don't think the Vita is geared towards your demographic, the loner ;) Anecdotally based on the Vita thread findings, it seems to be more the 35+ married with children market!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• H1ggyLTD 30 Mar 2013 11:19:19 1,372 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't think he is getting any shit tbh, he is just getting a Bit predictable in this thread. A lot of people, including myself, bought the vita as they want handheld ports of these games. I actually have very little interest in gravity rush, soul sacrifice etc. that is not what I bought the console for and Im not completely alone.
    Agree with this.

Soul Sacrifice isn't grabbing me at all.

But all these indie games that 'everyone has played' - i haven't played any of them, because the short time i get on the big screen is spent on blockbuster games.

So the Vita is the perfect way for me to experience the likes of Fez and Spelunky, which i would never normally play.

And i'm sure in the future the indie titles will be released simultaneously. This is just Vita catching up.

As for Syrette getting shit - the guy is clearly rattled by how much people are enjoying their Vita.
  • mikew1985 30 Mar 2013 11:23:04 12,042 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No he's not, don't be so weird and over protective, he's expressing a valid opinion.

I say this as someone who really likes the vita and for whom it is likely to be my main platform for the next 3 months as I'm travelling for work.
  • Syrette 30 Mar 2013 11:29:26 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    As for Syrette getting shit - the guy is clearly rattled by how much people are enjoying their Vita.
    Oh give it a rest. What a silly, pointless, over-defensive thing to say. Why would I be "rattled" by what other adults think of a video game console? Do you imagine me to be apathetic about the Vita till I enter this thread or speak to happy Vita owners?

I'm only critical because I like the console so much, and want more from it, from my perspective/needs. I even said I fully expect any problems I have with the line-up to evaporate after E3 etc.

• elstoof 30 Mar 2013 11:31:37 6,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think what mowgli's trying to say is that 360 gaming is like arranging all of your favourite FHM posters, finding the Vaseline, inflating the armband and getting clean towels to hand whereas the Vita is like knocking one out in the toilet while the missus gets dinner ready. Just as enjoyable in the end, but much more convenient.
  • mikew1985 30 Mar 2013 11:34:07 12,042 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I think what mowgli's trying to say is that 360 gaming is like arranging all of your favourite FHM posters, finding the Vaseline, inflating the armband and getting clean towels to hand whereas the Vita is like knocking one out in the toilet while the missus gets dinner ready. Just as enjoyable in the end, but much more convenient.
    What an oddly 90s analogy.

Posters? Pah!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 30 Mar 2013 11:34:52 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Beautifully put
  • Syrette 30 Mar 2013 11:38:22 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Edited by Syrette at 11:49:33 30-03-2013

• Syrette 30 Mar 2013 11:44:24 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyway... is there no way to remove just DLC from the memory card? I don't want to delete saves too.

Google search seems inconclusive.

• mrpon 30 Mar 2013 11:49:13 27,643 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyway...armband?! ARMBAND!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Zackv4861 30 Mar 2013 12:15:03 1,064 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Anyway... is there no way to remove just DLC from the memory card? I don't want to delete saves too.

What for?? Also what game?
  • Cosmopolitan 30 Mar 2013 12:17:38 1,891 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 14:59:47 30-03-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• Syrette 30 Mar 2013 13:09:23 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

What for?? Also what game?
    Want to put a bunch of TV shows on the card.

Gravity Rush DLC primarily. I mean it's unlikely I'll go back to my saves for that (completely finished it) but still. I've gone to Settings > Application Data Management > Add-On Data (PS Vita) but I can't do anything with it there.

8GB card has served me well enough so far, just a case of swapping things on and off to save space but I'll need to upgrade soon.

edit; will look into backing the data up just in case then, cheers

Edited by Syrette at 13:09:58 30-03-2013

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 13:15:21
    Just turned mine on for the first time in months, updated the firmware and now it won't recognize my memory card any more.

Double thumbs up, Sony!
  • Syrette 30 Mar 2013 13:16:30 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Meh, I've just backed them up to PS+. But that's not ideal for future use as I'm not always going to be near a wifi zone.

• jonsaan 30 Mar 2013 13:20:42 25,248 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty sure there is a saved data section that shows you the dlc bits.

FCUTA!

• Syrette 30 Mar 2013 13:26:26 41,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Pretty sure there is a saved data section that shows you the dlc bits.
    It does, it's the bit I mentioned above, but I can't do anything with the data. I can just see it. Really stupid.

• santashi 30 Mar 2013 13:38:56 4,928 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I find that a pain. I just do what you did with the PS+ cloud.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• jagg3r 30 Mar 2013 13:48:36 993 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does the battery drain when in sleep mode, Only used my vita for maybe two 15min bursts over the last month and found it dead earlier from a full battery.
  • Page

of 899 First / Last