PlayStation Vita Page 532

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• HiddenAway 11 Mar 2013 13:13:13 14,789 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jonsaan No idea who Erika is (not without extensive searching) but Gloria was my most used character on the PSP version. She's been in most of the previous games and at least one of the Tennis spin-offs as well.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 13:21:27 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HiddenAway whoops? I guess I should have spotted that. Sorry Gloria!

FCUTA!

• ILoveThrashMetal 11 Mar 2013 14:14:47 554 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Worth mentioning I think. Went into my local Blockbuster which is getting rid of stock and picked up Uncharted: Golden Abyss for £12.99. They had a few more games there but this is the only one that interested me. Yes, I'm very late to this party...
    You could have paid another 20 quid and also got gravity rush, metal gear solid hd collection and mass effect 3 for plus all the other goodies coming to ps+ for the rest of the year
    My local blockbuster had uncharted for 35,fifa 12 for 32 and gravity rush for 29-99. These all included the 50 percent off (I asked) as they to were closing down.

Edited by ILoveThrashMetal at 14:15:52 11-03-2013

Arsechickens

• H1ggyLTD 11 Mar 2013 18:38:56 1,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    When PS+ first started it blew my mind to see people on my friends list with the "+" next to their name. Now it blows my mind to see people without the "+". Even the most casual of player, or perhaps especially the most casual of player, should really get on board.
    I don't like the way it seems to dictate purchase decisions.

If a game comes out that i want, i want it now, not in five months to save a few quid.
  • jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 18:48:30 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Something seems to be happening on the Ninja Gaiden Front. Now that the story is beaten and I can just work on getting better at single missions, I seem to be warming to it. A bit. Don't get the wallet out yet Murbal but I can't stop playing it, even though there's so much I dislike!

FCUTA!

• greenmekon 11 Mar 2013 18:49:54 150 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anybody here got the vita version of mlb13 the show? Need to invest in a 32gb card....
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Mar 2013 19:15:40 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My folks are in Japan at the end of the week. Anything on Vita they should look out for? Bearing in mind I don't understand a word of Japanese. Soul Sacrifice is out isn't it? Is that pretty language heavy?

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• santashi 11 Mar 2013 19:29:21 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Soul Sacrifice is out soonish here and even with the low Japanese cost will work out cheaper. :p

Project Diva is good fun and can be played without knowing any Japanese. Hmm... I'll try to think of some others!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• CosmicFuzz 11 Mar 2013 19:32:46 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heard good things about project diva actually, cheers!

• jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 19:33:37 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dream C club!

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 11 Mar 2013 19:53:32 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds dodgy, not sure I want my parents thinking I'm a paedophile :D

• santashi 11 Mar 2013 20:26:18 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't think you'd need to know Japanese to play the new Senran Kagura game, but while it has very safe looking front cover art, the characters are all ridiculously proportioned and not all appropriately dressed.

Blarg, a lot of the games that are springing to mind have too much text, I'd imagine.

• Rigu7 11 Mar 2013 20:45:06 112 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Gregolution You can't resist. I don't even commute but quite frankly I'm bone idle some days and will think nothing of spending six hours or so parked up on the couch and the battery pack helps facilitate that laziness.

This festive season I was lucky enough to receive the pack, a 32 gig card and a PS plus subscription from the missus and family. They remarked how unimpressive the gifts looked wrapped up. After all, PS Plus was just a receipt from Game in a card to the layman.

I ranked this Christmas in the top 3.
  • dutchspeededup 12 Mar 2013 10:08:43 4,368 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dumb (and no doubt old) question time: Are there any disadvantages to getting a Japanese Vita for use in the UK? I'm thinking specifically of PS Plus and access to the store?

Ta chums
  • greenmekon 12 Mar 2013 10:19:00 150 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New vita firmware this morning. Not seen anything different, but feels quicker.
  • bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 10:19:22 35 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally picked up a Vita, mainly thanks to being a regular lurker in this thread and the 30 day PS Plus trial that's around at the moment. So far I absolutely love it, probably the nicest console (handheld or otherwise) I've ever used -- the screen is beautiful.

I've downloaded Wipeout which I can't believe is actually a handheld game -- it plays so smoothly and looks amazing. It's also got that one-more-go thing going on too, which I think is what handheld gaming should be about.

I also downloaded Uncharted and although I have only played for 45 mins or so, I have to say I'm not enjoying it. Graphically it's great, but something's missing gameplay wise. In fact it's kind of a summing up of what's wrong with modern action/adventure games. The platforming is so boring, yet it seems to make up the majority of the game. The puzzles are too simple and the gunplay just feels tired. To top if off, it appears to be an endless stream of cutscenes. I recently played Tomb Raider Anniversary and that felt light years ahead of this in terms of the actual gameplay; the traversal and puzzles at least. I can only assume the PS3 uncharted games are a fair bit better?

Anyway, apologies for that little slice of negativity. I'm really excited to play Gravity Rush, download a few PSP games (never owned one) and go back to some PSone classics :)
  • santashi 12 Mar 2013 10:21:56 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Dumb (and no doubt old) question time: Are there any disadvantages to getting a Japanese Vita for use in the UK? I'm thinking specifically of PS Plus and access to the store?

Ta chums
    Nope. Only difference is the plug. It's the account that you're using on it that matters for PS+/PSN.

• monkman76 12 Mar 2013 10:25:50 3,398 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bronzemedal Stick with Uncharted, I wasn't convinced at first having only got halfway through the first PS3 game, but I got well into it pretty quickly. The gunplay is good and the platforming gets a bit more interesting, and it's quite a nice rollicking matinee story.
  • infoxicated 12 Mar 2013 10:35:35 1,022 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @bronzemedal If you like shooty games at all, get Unit 13 - it's my handheld GOTY and definitely the most underappreciated game released on the Vita for my money. :)

Welcome to the club, though - the Vita is just a joy to use. Once you get used to stuff like Music Unlimited & how functional the YouTube app is... well, it saves a lot of phone battery. =)
  • bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 10:39:43 35 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @monkman76 Don't worry, I'm not gonna pack it in yet! Was just disappointed with what I assume is only really the intro to the game. One thing I don't get about using the gun, in the tutorials it tells you to aim with L and press triangle to "switch sides" (or something like that) ... it seems when you press triangle Drake just moves his gun slightly left or right ... is there any reason to use it, or am I being a massive idiot? It was pissing me off yesterday (shouldn't play games just before bed!).
  • bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 10:44:32 35 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @infoxicated Cheers, will add it to the list -- review on this site was v positive. I still need to go through the rest of the Vita menus, apps etc, it's already replaced my phone for sofa/bed-based browser, the screen is so nice (I've got a small HTC phone from a few years back btw, so it's had a big impact on me!)
  • crispyduckman 12 Mar 2013 10:52:45 1,846 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bronzemedal Yeah, the puzzles and platforming essentially went away after the first PS3 game. There's no more figuring out how to get up to a platform or anything remotely resembling a taxing puzzle. That's a shame as the first PS3 game had some Sands of Time traversal elements and some head scratching moments (if I recall correctly).

The recent games are really to be appreciated for their cinematic quality, art direction, characters, and sheer excitement, rather than the gameplay challenge. Personally, I would never play these games on anything but normal difficulty. Just strap in and enjoy the ride.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• santashi 12 Mar 2013 11:13:03 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Switching sides is mainly for when you're firing from cover (eg. a pillar) and the enemies are either side of it. (If that's what you were asking!)

• dutchspeededup 12 Mar 2013 11:23:11 4,368 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for your help!
  • bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 11:29:05 35 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @santashi Ah ok, thanks that makes more sense now. It was prompting me to do it whilst i was hanging from a ledge and aiming down at some enemies (i.e in a place it's completely unnecessary!). Right, I'm going to persevere with this game since everyone here seems to think it's worth it. It was essentially free anyway so I've got nothing to lose
  • Kay 12 Mar 2013 11:31:01 17,402 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Thinking of getting this, by any chance? :)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/playstation-vita-console-soul-sacrifice-premium-edition-limited-edition/1032100956-0-0-0-en/info.html

/tempted
  • santashi 12 Mar 2013 11:34:24 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I did get the Limited Crisis Core PSP from YesAsia way back, but it had to come via a friend in the US because they won't ship things like that to the UK (and a lot of other EU countries). Just a tip. :)

• uiruki 12 Mar 2013 11:48:43 3,531 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Ta chums
    There are a couple of things - circle is the confirm button in Japan instead of X, and if you're thinking of getting a 3G one, don't as it is SIM locked to NTT Docomo.
  • santashi 12 Mar 2013 11:56:14 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just to clarify uiruki's good points, games retain the button config of the game itself.

• Kay 12 Mar 2013 16:37:44 17,402 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just came across this Uncharted: Golden Abyss video. Ending spoilers - it's what happens when you complete it on Crushing difficulty. Nice fourth-wall breaking there from the devs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9zgbhADOQ
  • Page

of 900 First / Last