PlayStation Vita Page 531

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• santashi 9 Mar 2013 01:15:52 4,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds like we (hopefully both NA and EU) should be getting Malicious Rebirth. Siliconera linky. I think some people here were interested in it.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Flying_Pig 9 Mar 2013 08:20:59 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasn't Malicious released on PSN previously?
  • santashi 9 Mar 2013 11:03:19 4,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Wasn't Malicious released on PSN previously?
    Vita thread. ;)

• RyanDS 9 Mar 2013 18:37:51 8,699 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked up Uncharted Fight for cards yesterday and it is actually rather fun. I don't think it's got long term potential and is not too deep, but it's fun for a throwaway 2.

Edited by RyanDS at 18:38:20 09-03-2013
  • Flying_Pig 10 Mar 2013 10:41:05 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone got one of the Official Portable Chargers?

Thinking I'll need one for my holiday later this year. Are they any good? Any (cheaper) alternatives?
  • yegon 10 Mar 2013 11:45:50 4,900 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Anyone got one of the Official Portable Chargers?

Thinking I'll need one for my holiday later this year. Are they any good? Any (cheaper) alternatives?
    Do you mean the battery pack thingy? I have one. Dunno how much they cost these days, I got lucky and preordered one prior to its release from Amazon and they honoured the lower price I ordered at.

It's 5,000mah, so in theory can fully charge a Vita twice from dead and still have 500mah or so to spare. It's one of the few chargers which you can play the Vita and charge at the same time. Standard USB out so can charge mobiles, even iPad's. There may be bigger batteries, and cheaper, mah wise but not many are capable of charging and playing at the same time as the output has to be 1.5A-DC5V.

Note that you don't get a charge cable with it, just the battery, so either use an existing one or buy a spare.

I recommend it given it can be used with pretty much any USB device to charge. If you pay peanuts for these things you get junk, so I'd plump for this over cheaper alternatives.

Terrible quality pic, but this gives an idea of size ie. it's not small.

Edited by yegon at 12:10:26 10-03-2013
  • Gregolution 10 Mar 2013 12:07:20 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @yegon

oh this is brilliant! I had no idea such a thing existed. Buying!
  • Flying_Pig 10 Mar 2013 15:34:28 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @yegon - thanks for the tip. Think I'll grab one. They seem to be hovering at about 30 ATM. I'll wait until I need one, or if I suddenly see the official one drop in price :)
  • jonsaan 10 Mar 2013 16:10:06 25,249 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why do you need one? Long haul flight? I find the vita with airplane mode engaged last a long time anyway. Then I just use the normal charger with a converter plug wherever I have gone.

FCUTA!

• santashi 10 Mar 2013 16:35:26 4,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was nosy curious about that, actually! For camping, maybe?

• crispyduckman 10 Mar 2013 16:44:41 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I've noticed my Vita lasts noticeably longer in airplane mode. My brain can't stomach more gaming than a single charge worth over the course of a day anyway.

FYI, I use this as a second charger. Cheaper and smaller than the official brick and comes with a continental plug. Works fine for charging. I am paranoid though, so I still only use the official cable for data.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• mrpon 10 Mar 2013 16:45:46 27,645 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A little solar panel on the top would've been nice. Every little helps etc..

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• StarchildHypocrethes 10 Mar 2013 16:48:03 24,559 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I grabbed Chains of Olympus filthy cheap earlier. Fuck me, the QTEs are brutal!
  • crispyduckman 10 Mar 2013 16:48:23 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I was nosy curious about that, actually! For camping, maybe?
    I was hiking in the Grand Canyon recently, turned to my girlfriend and said, "You know what would make this experience perfect? Constant Lumines." She took an early flight back.

• crispyduckman 10 Mar 2013 16:52:43 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I grabbed Chains of Olympus filthy cheap earlier. Fuck me, the QTEs are brutal!
    Yeah, I agree. The other GoW games I've played put the QTE icon toward the relevant side of the screen, which helps a fuck load. I'm playing in normal though, so having to retry a few times actually creates a bit of tension as my health gets gradually lower.

Edited by crispyduckman at 16:53:38 10-03-2013

• yegon 10 Mar 2013 16:54:17 4,900 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In my case, I was after something to charge my phone at work (railway, Im usually 12 hours away from the mains every day), so something with relatively massive capacity that can charge everything was great. I get long breaks quite a lot, but I don't particularly want to sit in the few spots where there's a plug socket nearby, and Ive often no clue where I'm going one day to the next. Ironically, I've used it way more with my phone than the Vita.

Plus, at 5000mah, I only have charge it maybe once every ten days or so.

Edited by yegon at 16:56:43 10-03-2013
  • jonsaan 10 Mar 2013 17:05:01 25,249 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It does sound like a fabulous thingy.

FCUTA!

• crispyduckman 10 Mar 2013 17:14:47 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I joke but it sounds good. Don't even vaguely have a need for it myself and I'm tempted.

• Rigu7 10 Mar 2013 21:42:33 112 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a fantastic wee device and has a nice traffic light sort of system to indicate the charge level. If you sit with your Vita in the house whilst the missus is watching telly and your favourite lounging spot is nowhere near a power socket, then it eliminates down time.

Play the Vita whilst the battery pack is charging, Vita runs out of juice, plug in battery pack and charge Vita while playing. Battery runs out of juice, Vita now has plenty, charge battery pack again.
  • Gregolution 10 Mar 2013 22:20:30 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't need it at all but I ordered one off amazon. ;)
  • crispyduckman 10 Mar 2013 23:05:51 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I love this attitude. Let's be honest - who even needs a fucking portable videogames console in the first place? I say let's just take this shit to the limit.

• jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 10:04:16 25,249 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So. Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. What a horrific slog of a game. I'm clearly not the target audience but this pretty much encapsulates everthing I hate about games. Linear levels with minimal exploration, even though they practically beg you to explore. Boss fight after boss fight. Combat that whilst fun, never quite feels like you are in control. Cut scenes, more boss fights. Endlessy long, when will it end? Die, die some more. Boss fight. ooh look another boss fight. Gibberish plot. Boss fight.

Yet somehow. I got to the end. Which is more than I can say for a lot of games!

Probably because I love DOA. Also, what the hell have they done to Ayenne? She's so skinny, she looks like Mike TV after being stretched by oompa loompas!

Edited by jonsaan at 10:06:20 11-03-2013

FCUTA!

• Widge Moderator 11 Mar 2013 10:15:38 12,595 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Charger sounds amazing, considering it for yonder iPad.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Murbal 11 Mar 2013 10:20:43 21,547 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @jonsaan thanks, you've proper put me off that!

I cancelled my Sly 4 order this morning; just can't justify it as there's so much else I'm after at the moment. Shame, but I'm sure I'll pick it up sometime in the future.

Which just leaves Soul Sacrifice. Which I'm immensely excited about! In the meantime I'm knuckling down to finish the Vita games I have. Wait - no I'm not, I'm enjoying Symphony of the Night too much.

In other news, I'm really regretting not picking up that 32gb card from Argos when I had the chance...
  • Gregolution 11 Mar 2013 10:46:18 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    I love this attitude. Let's be honest - who even needs a fucking portable videogames console in the first place? I say let's just take this shit to the limit.
    Hold up there chief. I definitely need my portable console! I've gone from hating 1.5 hours of my life every day on the tube to it being my favourite part of the day.

The charger... hmmm. I don't camp... last time I was on a long haul flight I had a plug socket in my seat.... But how am I supposed to resist the concept of 12 hours of battery life for my beloved Vita!?
  • jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 10:51:00 25,249 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice to see Kat on The EG roster. Not having all her GR costumes seems like a missed op though. Who are the other two?

FCUTA!

• beastmaster 11 Mar 2013 11:42:08 10,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worth mentioning I think. Went into my local Blockbuster which is getting rid of stock and picked up Uncharted: Golden Abyss for £12.99. They had a few more games there but this is the only one that interested me. Yes, I'm very late to this party...

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Gregolution 11 Mar 2013 12:18:14 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've figured out why I need that charger.... Power cuts!

Muhahaha
  • Gregolution 11 Mar 2013 12:21:40 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Worth mentioning I think. Went into my local Blockbuster which is getting rid of stock and picked up Uncharted: Golden Abyss for £12.99. They had a few more games there but this is the only one that interested me. Yes, I'm very late to this party...
    You could have paid another 20 quid and also got gravity rush, metal gear solid hd collection and mass effect 3 for plus all the other goodies coming to ps+ for the rest of the year
  • crispyduckman 11 Mar 2013 13:06:08 1,846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When PS+ first started it blew my mind to see people on my friends list with the "+" next to their name. Now it blows my mind to see people without the "+". Even the most casual of player, or perhaps especially the most casual of player, should really get on board.

• Page

of 900 First / Last