PlayStation Vita Page 517

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• Murbal 21 Feb 2013 10:34:00 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Love Vita. Starting to get on well with my PS3. Growing tired of my 360. Ordered a 3DS XL.

Gaming in general though? Enjoying it as much as I ever have \o/
  • Murbal 21 Feb 2013 10:34:21 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh - touch based mobile gaming? So over it.
  • Kangoo 21 Feb 2013 10:35:39 1,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution

The problem on here is the fanboys get worked up by the trolls and go over the top defending their machine of choice or vice versa.

It amazes me how rumours become 'fact' to support arguments by a small minority and they think that continuous posts slating/praising a machine will convert everyone to their point of view.

Amazes me how the Vita thread has avoided this, probably the best gaming community on EG and a nice place to come and post.

PSN: Adwab2

• Murbal 21 Feb 2013 10:37:44 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only realised last week that I didn't have this thread marked as favourite. Probably because it's so easy to find!
  • crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 10:40:47 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I think I'm going to stick to chatting with my mates in this Vita forum. Every time i venture away to discuss the PS4 or Wii U, it's dominated by bitter jaded gamers that find a reason to hate everything. So bored of it.

There seems to be a group of people here that share a passion for... drum roll... playing games! Who would have thunk it on a gaming forum ;)

I like my Wii U, I'm definitely ordering a PS4 after last night and I continue to love my Vita. That reminds me... I got 3 new games yesterday, time to get cracking (Persona, Trials and Lumines)
    Ha, same! I think I actually like the fact that there is only a small Vita community. I'm looking forward to the PS4 and next Xbox but last night's presentation didn't manage to get me as excited as I am about my Vita.

I basically got the message - "PS3 with more power and better graphics". But the Vita has actually taken me in new (or revisiting old) gaming directions which are actually different from the experiences I have with my PS3 or 360.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• santashi 21 Feb 2013 10:52:56 4,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My second-hand copy of Tales of Innocence has arrived.

I love my Vita. :D

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Darren 21 Feb 2013 10:54:51 8,312 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd rather play Joe Danger on my PS Vita than a Trials clone but that is just a personal preference. I prefer it's more colourful visual style and its more fun gameplay. Is Joe Danger coming to the Vita, anyone know? I even have the game on my iPad 4, a platform that isn't terribly great for games in my experience but Joe Danger Touch actually works really well, thanks to well thought out controls. It would work equally well on the PS Vita provided it is reasonably priced too.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 21 Feb 2013 10:56:08 8,312 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    My second-hand copy of Tales of Innocence has arrived.

I love my Vita. :D
    Was Tales of Innocence released for the PS Vita? Didn't know that.

*EDIT*
    Ah, so it's Japanese only, Tales of Innocence R, released last January? I'm guessing it doesn't have English dialogue or voice-overs so would be pointless importing?

Is it getting a western release at all?

Edited by Darren at 10:58:39 21-02-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 10:57:04 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I mentioned that a few pages ago. Japanese only for now though.

Edit: Tales of Hearts is also out next month.

Edited by crispyduckman at 10:58:18 21-02-2013

• GeezaTap 21 Feb 2013 11:04:50 289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Confession time - until getting the Plus version last night, I never knew Lumines was pronounced 'Luminous.'

For donkeys I was thinking it was 'Lou-Mines' or 'Lum-mines.' What a boob!

Great game, and I finally beat Preacherman at something (well I beat his high-score).
  • santashi 21 Feb 2013 11:06:35 4,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I took my sweet time waiting to get it. I figured since I missed out on the bonuses I'd wait until I found it relatively cheap. :p

And yep, I'd say it's pointless importing if you don't know any Japanese.

I made a thread for the Vita Tales of games a while back if you want some more info: here.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Murbal 21 Feb 2013 11:06:46 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was 'Lumin-Ez or -Ess'?
  • monkman76 21 Feb 2013 11:07:03 3,392 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Isn't it none of the above but actually 'loo-min-ez'?
  • crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 11:25:19 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @santashi I don't think there's a huge chance that Innocence or Hearts will be released in the EU, although a US version we can import is slightly more likely. The originals were never officially translated into English, let alone other EU languages. Abyss would have been our best bet as that has already been localised for US and EU.

Edit: Not that any of the above matters to you! (I presume you speak Japanese.)

Edited by crispyduckman at 11:26:17 21-02-2013

• Gregolution 21 Feb 2013 11:52:13 3,116 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's not pronounced 'Loomins'?!
  • Murbal 21 Feb 2013 11:53:49 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    It's not pronounced 'Loomins'?!
  • infoxicated 21 Feb 2013 11:58:35 1,019 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GeezaTap wrote:
    Confession time - until getting the Plus version last night, I never knew Lumines was pronounced 'Luminous.'
    I didn't think Lumines went free on PSN+ until next week...
  • elstoof 21 Feb 2013 11:58:37 6,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Oh - touch based mobile gaming? So over it.
    I don't even play games on my phone when I'm on the shitter anymore, I'd rather surf the net and read some proper game reviews. Hopefully phone gaming has had it's day.
  • Popzeus 21 Feb 2013 12:08:30 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loomy Nezz, surely?

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Kangoo 21 Feb 2013 12:33:49 1,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was like Geezetap since the PSP original, sure it is loo-min-ess but still revert to my original mispronunciation out of habit sometimes.

Traded my card version when the PS+ version was announced and the guy in the shop looked like he was trying to read Japanese when he tried to pronounce it. Top game.

PSN: Adwab2

• crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 12:40:05 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @elstoof I have a special draw in my bathroom next to my loo. That's where my Vita goes while I wipe.

Yep, phone gaming is over for me. I'll still play Wordfeud with my sister and Chess Time my Dad, but I don't think they really count. Anomaly HD was probably the only phone game that actually impressed me. In any case, I use it so much for work email that I literally have no spare battery life in a day for any proper games.

• Murbal 21 Feb 2013 12:45:03 21,528 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In all honesty, I do play mobile games on my Nexus. World of Goo, Super Hexagon, Total War Battles, Splice, Minecraft...

But only when I haven't got time to sit down and get stuck in to games with genuine depth like Disgaea, Persona or half a dozen niche PSP RPGs.
  • Gregolution 21 Feb 2013 12:49:14 3,116 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't play any phone games ever. If i want something less involved, i'll play one of the many top platformers etc on vita. it's the perfect pick up and play console with in game pausing etc.

Will always take Mutant blobs for a quick blast over any phone game I've ever seen. And when i want something meatier, I have loads of options.
  • crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 12:55:46 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, Mutant Blobs, Rayman Origins, LBP or any racing game are my current quick blast games. Take off Rayman and add Stardust and Knytt to that list and you have the games I play while I sit with my girlfriend in front of Eastenders or some other shit I have absolutely no interest in (I don't need to hear the sound in those games).

• crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 13:40:09 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Allegedly, Game dispatched my copy of NFS MW on Monday. Presumably they just gave it to some poor Bengali boy to walk it over here as it's still not arrived. Annoyingly, it's now been price matched practically everywhere, including my usual Shopto who use crazy black magic shit to get deliveries to you near instantly.

• aros 21 Feb 2013 14:15:10 2,035 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone have any tips for the clubs thing in Disgaea? I haven't really got stuck into that side of things yet
  • Zomoniac 21 Feb 2013 14:39:00 7,400 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    Allegedly, Game dispatched my copy of NFS MW on Monday. Presumably they just gave it to some poor Bengali boy to walk it over here as it's still not arrived. Annoyingly, it's now been price matched practically everywhere, including my usual Shopto who use crazy black magic shit to get deliveries to you near instantly.
    ShopTo have annoyed me this week. Charged my card on Monday for Metal Gear, changed my order to dispatched on Tuesday, sent me a dispatch confirmation email an hour ago. So they marked as dispatched on my account two days before they actually sent it.
  • crispyduckman 21 Feb 2013 14:54:57 1,846 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Weird. I got Metal Gear from Shopto. Ordered it at about 16.50. By 16.55 they emailed me the photo of the envelope and I got it the next morning. That's happened to me a few times as I tend to order just before 17.00 as it's the time of day when I take a quick break at work and feel I deserve it most!

Having said that, I strongly suspect that my card details went walkabout from them (I use Paypal with them now). Also, I once entered an email address into their stock reminder service. Luckily it was a disposable address but shortly afterwards it was bombarded with spam.

• Singularity 21 Feb 2013 15:07:57 2,427 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've not played a Sly game before, and the demo has left me rather non-plussed. Is it indicative of the whole game?
  • aros 21 Feb 2013 15:19:48 2,035 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed the demo, looking forward to the full game. I've never played a Sly game before either but the guy who has the full game here loves it
  • Page

of 898 First / Last