/shakes fist at HAway

Edited by Flying_Pig at 15:18:04 19-02-2013
  • HiddenAway 19 Feb 2013 15:20:26 14,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Edit - damn too slow :(

/shakes fist at HAway
    When 2 members of Eurogamer staff tell you something is coming, I'll be there :)

I actually found out by accident - I was told it was 4pm UK time :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Kangoo 19 Feb 2013 15:28:05 1,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would be the perfect time to take 5 minutes at the beginning to announce a Vita price drop with so many people watching and show a 2 minute games reel.

Also, think Sony should be making sure the Vita is compatible with the PS4, tools for remote play should hopefully mean it is something that can be included for most PS4 games, maybe even a combined bundle of PS4/Vita if there is enough interest.

Still yet to find anyone who doesn't rate it as a machine, Sony just need to get it into peoples hands and show them some exclusive software that is on the horizon.

PSN: Adwab2

• Zizoo 19 Feb 2013 17:19:40 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Hotline Miami hits PS3/Vita as a cross-buy title - Spring 2013
    Excellent news!
  • dsmx 19 Feb 2013 17:57:20 7,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I somewhat suspect that the rumour of the ps3 recording what you playing will tie into the remote play to the vita in some way.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• H1ggyLTD 19 Feb 2013 18:19:21 1,373 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Miami is an insta-buy.

Keep them coming.
  • Kangoo 19 Feb 2013 18:34:12 1,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First review of Urban Trial Freestyle, looks pretty decent.

For a dead machine with no games coming out, I am having real trouble keeping up.

• H1ggyLTD 19 Feb 2013 18:58:16 1,373 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    When's that out?
  • HiddenAway 19 Feb 2013 18:58:31 14,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By my calculations and excluding bundles, as of tomorrow (barring shock new games that weren't in the script), 100 games for the Vita will have been released on PSN (assuming you include the AR Play games).

I was going to go into exclusives and other stuff but there's too many things to categorise (PS3/Vita, games as part of a series - lots, brand new games - etc). Lots to do without having to type up a year 1 review :p

• HiddenAway 19 Feb 2013 18:58:42 14,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD Tomorrow

• H1ggyLTD 19 Feb 2013 19:10:45 1,373 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sweet.
  • ComradePete 19 Feb 2013 19:11:32 464 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    First review of Urban Trial Freestyle, looks pretty decent.

For a dead machine with no games coming out, I am having real trouble keeping up.
    Will be picking this up anyway, no Xbox now so this will give me a trials fix until the pc version comes out.

If it's even a tenth as good as Trials HD/evo it'll be brilliant.
  • Darren 20 Feb 2013 08:21:18 8,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got to the boss, El Jeffe, at the end of the first Japanese episode last night in Sly Cooper: TiT and found it to be the most frustrating thing I've played in ages. I was actually cursing out loud, which is unusual for me.

The actual fight isn't that difficult, although it does go on perhaps a bit too long, as you only have to learn the pattern of attacks and counter appropriately. That's easy. No, it's the controls that are a hindrance IMO. In this fight the boss switches between fire and lightning attacks requiring Sly to switch costumes as the Samurai armour is fire-resistant. Trouble is the armour is heavy so he can't jump or run while wearing it. The game requires you to touch the screen to switch costumes using your right hand and as you can imagine, not only does it not always register but it feels cumbersome and awkward having to move your hand onto the screen. There is one part of the battle where El Jeffe switches between a fire attack and a spinning electric bolt in seconds, leaving me frantically reaching out with my thumb for the touchscreen to switch the costume then get my brain to get my other finger to hit X so Sly can jump and avoid being electrocuted.

Part of this fight also requires you to use the armour's shield to deflect fireballs hurled at Sly, which when El Jeffe is hit, allows Sly to attack him. It took me a while to work out that you have to hold down the Square button to trigger the shield then push up and let go then press the Square button at the same time to deflect the bolt. I thought holding down the Square button would automatically bounce the bolt back off the shield but it doesn't work like that. You have to do this not the usual three times but EIGHT times in total which becomes a chore with the touchscreen controls. The good news is that each of the three sections of the boss fight is checkpointed so you don't have to do it all over again if you die near the end.

Why on earth the game doesn't allow the camera and costume switching to be mapped to the D-pad, I do know, because the D-pad doesn't appear to be used at all in this game. In this respect I would imagine the PS3 version will be somewhat easier to play as it obviously lacks a touchscreen (I'm guessing the Camera and Costumes will be mapped to L2 and R2).

That annoyance aside, the next episode set in the Wild West is a lot of fun but still follows the same formula as the first, i.e. rescue ancestor by switching between Sly, Bentley and Murray then do more jobs to reach the boss. The game does a good job of introducing new mechanics though. For example, in this episode Sly gets a prison outfit (don't worry it all makes sense in the game) and can throw a ball & chain to break walls and move heavy crates as well as use the ball to roll across electricified floors. It's really good fun, honestly. I admit that I am dreading this episode's boss fight...

Edited by Darren at 11:27:46 20-02-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• aros 20 Feb 2013 09:01:52 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultra apparently it's just a reveal no games to be shown so hopefully there will be time for vita
  • aros 20 Feb 2013 09:06:08 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fantastic news about Hotline Miami, that is a game I was actually really hoping would come to Vita after its game of the year 2012 awards
  • Zizoo 20 Feb 2013 11:14:53 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Strange question, but is there any way to force my Vita to never go to sleep? Reason I ask is I want it to stay lit while downloading something.

I have an issue with my PS3 where downloads only work in the foreground (no background downloading for this guy), and I wanted to try it with my Vita as well, as it also can't seem to download anything without it corrupting. I assume the screen going off puts the download in the background.
  • Help_me 20 Feb 2013 11:18:48 907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The vita will continue to download if the screen goes off. It just has to do it itself - ie you not pressing the power button. As for always on, I don't think so. Max is ten minutes.
  • Zizoo 20 Feb 2013 11:22:34 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • ibenam 20 Feb 2013 11:27:48 1,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kangoo Is that out for the VITA?
  • Zizoo 20 Feb 2013 11:30:35 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ibenam

Out today AFAIK
  • ibenam 20 Feb 2013 11:33:09 1,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZizouFC Thanks graphics look awesome and apparently VITA version looks as good as PS3.
  • Zizoo 20 Feb 2013 11:39:19 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks great. I wonder if there's a demo?
  • crispyduckman 20 Feb 2013 11:40:23 1,846 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've said it a couple of time already, but I really need some PSN friends. Leaderboard games like Urban Trial, as well as Wipeout, Motorstorm, Stardust etc really suffer without them. I'll be adding some of this threads regulars if that's okay, but please feel free to add me. Also, are people cool with me posting challenges when I've achieved scores/times I'm particularly proud of? It's difficult to know if people still have certain games installed. Thanks.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Help_me 20 Feb 2013 11:45:21 907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post all the challenges you like. If you like racing games then NFS MW is fantastic for the friends challenges.
  • crispyduckman 20 Feb 2013 11:50:17 1,846 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    NFS MW should be delivered to me tomorrow. Judging from Youtube vids, it looks incredible so really looking forward to that. Playing some Wipeout and Motorstorm at the moment but haven't enjoyed a "proper" driving game since Burnout Paradise.

• Kangoo 20 Feb 2013 12:03:44 1,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Trial is on the store now.
    I've never tried Trials so nothing to compare it against but I have been playing it for the last 30 minutes and it seems like a great little game. Demo is quite small as well, about 170mb iirc.

• Zizoo 20 Feb 2013 12:27:28 7,706 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kangoo

Awesome. Will definitely grab that later. Cheers
  • infoxicated 20 Feb 2013 13:45:56 1,022 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wonder if I'm missing the point with Hotline Miami. It looks like any number of shit overhead games from the late Spectrum / early Amiga years.

What's all the fuss about?

// didn't "get" Halo either, even after 3 attempts at playing it.
  • crispyduckman 20 Feb 2013 13:48:34 1,846 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just played the Urban Trial demo on PS3. I'm not impressed. I no massive fan of Trials HD on the 360 but it is way better than this. Eurogamer review is up now and judging from the 4/10, they agree with me. It's a shame because I think I could have really got into the Trials formula on a handheld.

• Page

of 900 First / Last