PlayStation Vita Page 505

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• Kangoo 12 Feb 2013 14:10:16 1,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Happy to take all the credit for VT, however was just relaying what someone had posted on the Bargains thread :redface:

PSN: Adwab2

• monkman76 12 Feb 2013 14:46:02 3,396 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If it's free on PS+ next month we will all HUNT YOU DOWN

;)
  • elstoof 12 Feb 2013 14:53:18 6,138 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha, didn't even consider that possibility. Still, five quid to keep some memory card free is a deal as far as I'm concerned.
  • Murbal 12 Feb 2013 14:57:27 21,547 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @elstoof yeah, you keep telling yourself that ;-)

When do we get Wipeout on plus btw?
  • santashi 12 Feb 2013 15:01:49 4,928 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Murbal I think Wipeout's tomorrow and Lumines is the week after? That's from memory, though, so I could be wrong!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Murbal 12 Feb 2013 15:02:55 21,547 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lumines I'm happy to still have on cart; keeps some memory card free ;-)
  • elstoof 12 Feb 2013 15:09:09 6,138 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Exactly, how else will we make those ill advised, half past midnight and a glass too many of Chianti PSN purchases ;)
  • elstoof 12 Feb 2013 15:09:33 6,138 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Murbal 12 Feb 2013 15:11:28 21,547 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who's broken the thread?
  • neilqpr 12 Feb 2013 15:23:59 2,797 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been wanting VT since release, finally bit the bullet at 10. And that's half the problem I have with my Vita. Paying full price for a handheld game just doesn't compute. I know that this is my own problem, but I can't seem to re-program my brain.

In saying that, I might jump in with Ragnorak Odessey at launch, when people will actually be playing it.

Edited by neilqpr at 15:25:35 12-02-2013
  • Gregolution 12 Feb 2013 16:48:13 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Exactly, how else will we make those ill advised, half past midnight and a glass too many of Chianti PSN purchases ;)
    ROFL. Me in a nutshell
  • Flying_Pig 12 Feb 2013 16:54:39 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has a odd situation earlier. As someone who very rarely buys 'pre-owned' games (except from you lovely fellow EG'ers), I was surprised to see a note pop-up when I went to load up my 2nd hand copy of F1 2011 to advise me that only the original owner the game could earn trophies!

Fortunately I found a fix to get around it, but it's not something I was aware of or else I would have been much more cautious about buying pre-owned games for the Vita.

Could we also see something similar on the PS4/NeXtBox?
  • santashi 12 Feb 2013 17:03:24 4,928 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think I had that with Rayman. Do you put the card in, delete the file and reinsert the card or am I making that up? Either way, I'd be rather sad if they genuinely locked you out if trophies on second hand games. I've become used to that extra congratulatory pat on the back now. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Zackv4861 12 Feb 2013 19:04:24 1,064 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Think I had that with Rayman. Do you put the card in, delete the file and reinsert the card or am I making that up? Either way, I'd be rather sad if they genuinely locked you out if trophies on second hand games. I've become used to that extra congratulatory pat on the back now. :p
    Yes that's correct i've done it a couple of times and earnt trophies fine.
  • jonsaan 12 Feb 2013 19:41:00 25,249 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm in the odd reverse situation of preferring physical media now. With 3 Vitas in the house it makes far more sense to have a cart that can be passed around. 2 Vitas on the same account is really shit as they knock each other offline constantly. So, whilst I would like Playstation All stars at the sale price. It makes more sense to shell out for the cart at some point :(

I know there's an online pass but if it's anything like Sega racing there will be feck all people online anyway.

SONY, Plllleeeeease make game sharing work like PS3 and let us have multiple accounts on one Vita. PLeeeeeeease.

FCUTA!

• Short-Round 12 Feb 2013 19:57:22 1,113 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry for the hijack, but I'm still on the tipping point for getting one of these or a Nexus 7. Is there literally no evidence/rumours about a price cut for the memory cards? I'll only bite when I can get the unit and 32GB of storage for 200 notes. You'd think, with Persona getting such acclaim, Sony would have some kind of bundle. What nutters have they got running the Vita dept.?
  • Flying_Pig 12 Feb 2013 20:30:34 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Short-Round - sadly not. Not that I have a Nexus 7, but if you want a dedicated games machine, sure the Vita is a better bet?

In other news - really enjoying F1 2011 \o/
  • jonsaan 12 Feb 2013 20:36:21 25,249 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had 2011 on 3DS, it was incredibly twitchy.

FCUTA!

• Zackv4861 12 Feb 2013 20:53:13 1,064 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    F1 2011 is actually my favorite F1 game mostly as it's not as realustic as the others it's just good fun. The console versions i enjoyed don't get me wrong but i liked the throw it into a corner approach
  • jagg3r 12 Feb 2013 22:09:41 993 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    Sorry for the hijack, but I'm still on the tipping point for getting one of these or a Nexus 7. Is there literally no evidence/rumours about a price cut for the memory cards? I'll only bite when I can get the unit and 32GB of storage for 200 notes. You'd think, with Persona getting such acclaim, Sony would have some kind of bundle. What nutters have they got running the Vita dept.?
    Since buying my nexus in october i haven't used my vita, there just is no comparision for price and ability, the nexus does everything the vita does and so much more with 32gb as standard and even plays games like gta vice city that runs and plays brilliantly on a 7" screen with dual shock support. Unfortunately imo sony have never given the vita a chance with there pricing of the console,memory cards and games.It's just crazy marketing. Go for the nexus, best purchase ever.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Feb 2013 22:12:32 10,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    F1 2011 is actually my favorite F1 game mostly as it's not as realustic as the others it's just good fun. The console versions i enjoyed don't get me wrong but i liked the throw it into a corner approach
    Definitely - I played F1 2010 on the PS3 and am finding '11 on the Vita much more accessible and 'arcade-y'. Good fun blasting 'round Kuala Lumpur in the rain :)
  • jonsaan 12 Feb 2013 22:36:34 25,249 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The cart saves lock to account on some games. this means that effective cart sharing of games that save to cart are impossible. Fifa does it too. It's incredibly shit and another issue for multiple vita owning households to have to deal with.

FCUTA!

• el_pollo_diablo 12 Feb 2013 22:56:33 2,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    edit: double posting madness

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 22:56:59 12-02-2013
  • el_pollo_diablo 12 Feb 2013 22:56:33 2,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    I'd wait a little longer. They WILL announce a price cut at some point (although I reckon on the machine itself rather than the memory). And who knows by that point the nexus9 might be out making your choice EVEN MORE DIFFICULT.

(I have an iphone 4s and a vita, and I spend more time on my phone overall, but that's because it's my email and youtube machine. For gaming I think the Vita is really quite a lovely little toy.)
  • addyb 12 Feb 2013 22:59:19 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    Short-Round wrote:
    Since buying my nexus in october i haven't used my vita, there just is no comparision for price and ability, the nexus does everything the vita does and so much more with 32gb as standard and even plays games like gta vice city that runs and plays brilliantly on a 7" screen with dual shock support. Unfortunately imo sony have never given the vita a chance with there pricing of the console,memory cards and games.It's just crazy marketing. Go for the nexus, best purchase ever.
    Couldn't disagree more tbh. Ive got a nexus 7 and think its excellent but a gaming device it aint. Each to their own but I think android and iOS are average at best gaming platforms full of crappy 99p games with horrendous touch screen controls.

If you want a device thats excellent value for money that does a bit of everything I highly recommend the nexus 7. I love mine but my vita dumps all over it for gaming. In that respect there is no contest. Touch screen controls are a joke.

Edited by addyb at 23:00:15 12-02-2013
  • jagg3r 12 Feb 2013 23:20:17 993 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    jagg3r wrote:
    Short-Round wrote:
    Couldn't disagree more tbh. Ive got a nexus 7 and think its excellent but a gaming device it aint. Each to their own but I think android and iOS are average at best gaming platforms full of crappy 99p games with horrendous touch screen controls.

If you want a device thats excellent value for money that does a bit of everything I highly recommend the nexus 7. I love mine but my vita dumps all over it for gaming. In that respect there is no contest. Touch screen controls are a joke.
    Who said anything about touch screen controls, most games support dual shock and u can apply dual shock to other games like nova and modern combat with a app, also with a little app called splashtop i can stream my pc games at 720p to my nexus with no lag all over the house and play wirelessly with my xbox pad, Something sony need to get a handle on, remote play.But hey, each to there own, thats just my opinion, you havent tapped into the power of that nexus yet pal.

Edited by jagg3r at 23:21:03 12-02-2013
  • Short-Round 12 Feb 2013 23:26:42 1,113 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

That's the thing, I was looking for a replacement for an ipod touch, for multimedia (I rarely have much enthusiasm to play games these days). It's a shame, as if Sony could have matched the 200-220 ball park - with at least 32GB storage - of its rival devices, I'd probably go with Sony, as they've won me over after a few months of PS3 and PS+ ownership.
  • Short-Round 12 Feb 2013 23:33:34 1,113 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    I'd wait a little longer. They WILL announce a price cut at some point (although I reckon on the machine itself rather than the memory). And who knows by that point the nexus9 might be out making your choice EVEN MORE DIFFICULT.
    I want to throw my money at someone tomorrow :/ Guess I'm throwing it at Google Asus.
  • addyb 12 Feb 2013 23:38:30 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    jagg3r wrote:
    Short-Round wrote:

Who said anything about touch screen controls, most games support dual shock and u can apply dual shock to other games like nova and modern combat with a app, also with a little app called splashtop i can stream my pc games at 720p to my nexus with no lag all over the house and play wirelessly with my xbox pad, Something sony need to get a handle on, remote play.But hey, each to there own, thats just my opinion, you havent tapped into the power of that nexus yet pal.
    I just dont find the games appealing on android. Splashtop is pretty cool but I'm talking about games native to each platform. I prefer the vita as a dedicated gaming machine. I prefer proper games as opposed to the shite you get on android.

Like I said I love my nexus and I'm fully aware of its power and what I can do with it. Ive had a galaxy tab and a xoom as well. Ive no interest in playing my pc games on it. I prefer playing my pc games on a proper screen in 1080p but I appreciate the options splashtop gives but in my experience it certainly isnt lag free.

But like you said each to there own. Nexus is brilliant it really is but if I was recommending a gaming device then the vita is a gaming device for the serious gamer imo.

Edited by addyb at 23:41:33 12-02-2013
  • addyb 12 Feb 2013 23:41:10 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    @Flying_Pig

That's the thing, I was looking for a replacement for an ipod touch, for multimedia (I rarely have much enthusiasm to play games these days). It's a shame, as if Sony could have matched the 200-220 ball park - with at least 32GB storage - of its rival devices, I'd probably go with Sony, as they've won me over after a few months of PS3 and PS+ ownership.
    If your gaming enthusiasm has waned then get the nexus as you can do a lot more with it.
  • Page

of 900 First / Last