• Page

of 900 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 28 Jan 2013 15:16:24 10,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    Wipeout 2048 and Lumines are February's Vita Plus games
    Wow - 2 amazing games I wouldn't have predicted. Shame I own both of 'em :(

On the plus side - if you already own WipEout HD Fury on the PS3 you can download it as extra free DLC for WipEout 2048. Awesome sauce!!
  • Froggit 28 Jan 2013 15:24:13 300 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Purely the reason I've been after it tbh, and I got that pack free after the hacking thing anyway.
    Double win!
  • addyb 28 Jan 2013 16:36:24 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yay just got home and my DJ max has arrived!

Great service from VG+. Ordered 5 days ago.
  • JayG 28 Jan 2013 20:23:26 828 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Curious to hear your thoughts, a game I've been interested in. I like those type of games.
  • HiddenAway 28 Jan 2013 20:25:47 14,789 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Indeed. I was very tempted over the weekend but was able to back off when I noticed it was on back-order. Lucky me! T_T

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 28 Jan 2013 20:28:02 4,938 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was wanting to (pre)order a Vita game but apparently the site is having trouble with Paypal at the moment. Does anyone know if my bank is likely to add some crazy charge on for using a debit card to pay? I've never tried before when ordering from Japan.

Edited by santashi at 20:28:19 28-01-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• addyb 28 Jan 2013 20:30:33 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    Curious to hear your thoughts, a game I've been interested in. I like those type of games.
    Will hopefully get to have a whirl later. Not sure yet. Twisted my back funny earlier this morn and its killing me :(

But yeah I like a good rhythm game and it looks fun. Hopefully it is.
  • cjb_bjc 28 Jan 2013 21:09:15 942 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Plus is getting better and better, and with Sleeping Dogs out on the PS3 I don't think I'm going to have to buy another game for a long long time.
  • addyb 28 Jan 2013 21:19:24 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well ive done 5 songs so far on DJmax and I think it's great so far. Good tracks, gameplay seems fluid and fun and it's definitely challenging :)
  • addyb 28 Jan 2013 22:34:28 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Very impressed with DJmax. Seems a great package with lots of content and the tracks so far are really really good. The gameplay itself is fun and it really does remind me of elite beat agents in a few ways. My only gripe is I'm sometimes missing some due to some of the notes being obscured slightly by the background or my fingers but its a minor niggle which I should get rid of once I learn the songs more.

The main game mode is arcade mode. In here you have game modes of star mixing, pop mixing, club mixing and freestyle. Star mixing comprises of a set of 3 songs of your choice and you get ranked after each one with an overall set rank at the end.

For those that dont know about the gameplay it's fairly straightforward (on beginner mode anyway)
    Basically a line crosses the screen in 2 sections from left to right at the top and then back on itself (right to left) at the bottom. There are several notes/beats (whatever you call them) dotted around the screen and you have to touch them as the line goes across them. Thats it in its simplest form!!
    Keeping the beat can be quite tricky as the line moves at a brisk pace and there can be a serious of beats close together so you have to be on your toes. There are variations of these were you have to keep your finger pressed on some and drag them along the marked path in tandem with the line.

Your best YouTubing it to get a good visual from my explanation.

All I can say is im instantly hooked. I was going to play persona 4 but dont want to switch this off. :)
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 Jan 2013 23:16:28 2,031 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks for the write up of DJmax.

They must release it over here one day, surely?
  • infoxicated 28 Jan 2013 23:54:40 1,022 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Plus is getting better and better, and with Sleeping Dogs out on the PS3 I don't think I'm going to have to buy another game for a long long time.
    My thoughts exactly - I haven't paid full price for a game in ages. Last thing I bought was Tokyo Jungle and that was when it was on sale to PSN+ subscribers. Didn't bother with any of the big xmas releases because I was playing Red Dead Redemption at the time and that was free.

I initially thought PSN+ was a rip off, but I couldn't have been more wrong and now that it's on Vita too I think it's an absolute no-brainer if you have both consoles.

So chuffed I held off on buying Lumines for Vita now - last week's freebie Lemmings will keep me occupied until that comes along in a few weeks. :)
  • Murbal 29 Jan 2013 08:42:29 21,547 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I was wanting to (pre)order a Vita game but apparently the site is having trouble with Paypal at the moment. Does anyone know if my bank is likely to add some crazy charge on for using a debit card to pay? I've never tried before when ordering from Japan.
    I normally get something like a 2.5-3% non-Sterling transaction fee with my bank.
  • trav 29 Jan 2013 10:24:03 925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been playing EDF 2017. I don't get it. What am I missing?

For the amount of money I would of paid for it, I would feel cheated. It's bland, boring and reptitive. I know all about the budget feel charm of the game, but I sure as hell don't feel it. The loot dropping gameplay I can understand will be enjoyed by some, but I just was bored to tears playing this thing.
  • santashi 29 Jan 2013 10:27:00 4,938 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cheers Murbal! I'll see if I can coax a Paypal address out of them if I can. At least I know what I'll be paying. :p

In other news, here's another Holy Sorcery Story trailer:

I feel that wearing a spoon on your head is quite the fashion statement.

• santashi 29 Jan 2013 11:42:53 4,938 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also, the website for Samurai and Dragons is up. Only confirmed for the US so far but it might please some people. :)

• Popzeus 29 Jan 2013 12:16:38 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm enjoying EDF but can't help feeling it should have been a tenner cheaper, especially given it's download-only.

I like the over-the-top ridiculousness of it, massive waves of enormous enemies that in any other game would be bosses but in this just die with 3 shots from an assault rifle.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• midnight_walker 29 Jan 2013 13:08:12 1,638 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    EDF Vita should have been 14.99 at the absolute most, and I think even that's a push. 34.99 is just ludicrous.
  • Popzeus 29 Jan 2013 13:10:24 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed Jet Set Radio, at any rate. Though that's not necessarily saying much.

/prepares to be burnt at the stake

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• trav 29 Jan 2013 13:16:59 925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And just to share my wares, Let's Fish! Hooked On is out tomorrow on the EU PSN Store price 14.99.

Any and all questions about the game I'm happy to answer.
  • RunningMan 29 Jan 2013 13:22:16 2,356 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed Jet Set Radio, at any rate. Though that's not necessarily saying much.

/prepares to be burnt at the stake
    Agree with you about JSR, just cannot get on with it. Touch controls are flakey at best, good job it was free on psn+..
  • Murbal 29 Jan 2013 13:35:10 21,547 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @trav what's the download size?
  • MoGamer2006 29 Jan 2013 13:45:43 969 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Popzeus

With you on the JSR hate - couldn't get on with it at all. Seem to remember liking it back in the day too, though I was never much of a Sega devotee.
  • trav 29 Jan 2013 13:46:34 925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Murbal 1.4GB
  • Flying_Pig 29 Jan 2013 13:47:17 10,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    EDF Vita should have been 14.99 at the absolute most, and I think even that's a push. 34.99 is just ludicrous.
    Agree 100% - that's exactly the reason I've not bought it. 14.99 (with another 10% off for Plus users) would be been enough for me to bite.

As it is, I'm holding out for the promised sale in a few weeks, or for this to be in the Instant Game Collection for March.
  • addyb 29 Jan 2013 13:49:29 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    trav wrote:
    And just to share my wares, Let's Fish! Hooked On is out tomorrow on the EU PSN Store price 14.99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SzC-AkzMM&hd=1

Any and all questions about the game I'm happy to answer.
    What game modes are available? Is there online play in anyway. Would be great if theres a decent length single player mode.
  • Murbal 29 Jan 2013 13:50:12 21,547 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    trav wrote:
    @Murbal 1.4GB
    /o\

Now where am I supposed to find that sort of space?
  • trav 29 Jan 2013 13:56:23 925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @addyb There are three play modes

Challenge Mode - Basically Arcade mode with a time limit to land as many fish as possible.

World Tour - This is the main mode. You have four characters to choose from and then you have three tournaments to play though. Amateur (7 Tournaments), Professional (12 tournaments) and Master Class (16 Tournmanets) are selectable followed by a forth bastard hard one once the others are complete.

Training Mode - Says what it is.

World Tour will take a very long time to complete with all four characters.

There is Observation Mode as well were you can stare at fish and move the camera around using the Vita motion sensors, so you can pretend your in the Japanese version of Finding Nemo.

One thing to add, while you can land fish using the touch-screen, you can play the game completely using just the regular buttons.
  • trav 29 Jan 2013 14:00:07 925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Murbal Delete EDF or JSR.

I can't believe how much I don't like JSR anymore. Don't even get me started on EDF.
  • RunningMan 29 Jan 2013 14:06:26 2,356 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @trav, are you releasing a demo as well? Fancy a bit of fishing.
  • Page

of 900 First / Last