PlayStation Vita Page 478

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• santashi 21 Jan 2013 15:28:18 4,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Let's Fish: Hooked On released in Europe on PSN next week at a relatively decent price (milage may vary)
    Hurrah! Definitely going to be supporting them a week on Wednesday. I haven't bought a game since P4:G and now there's Corpse Party this week and Let's Fish and (not Vita) Ni No Kuni next week. I'd better try and get Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus finished quickly!

Murbal wrote:
    Is that the one Santashi and jonsaan were on about? Looks alright!
    Yes. :p

Edited by santashi at 15:29:07 21-01-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• elstoof 21 Jan 2013 15:28:33 6,140 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I'll be all over 8 & 9 though; not sure about any of the others. What were the PSone versions of 5 & 6 like?
    6 on PSOne was fine, no idea about 5 though.
  • Murbal 21 Jan 2013 15:34:54 21,547 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    I'll be all over 8 & 9 though; not sure about any of the others. What were the PSone versions of 5 & 6 like?
    Gah. I guess it's only 4 ;-)
  • Murbal 21 Jan 2013 15:37:11 21,547 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Castlevania SotN plays really well btw. Switch off that bilinear filtering nonsense though to stop the graphics appearing blurry and the colours washed out.
    Is it the PSP Castlevania game, or a PSN game retooled for Vita (with trophies etc.)?
    PSone classic.
    How does it size? Wasn't there a patch recently to resize full screen or something?
    Haven't really played about much with the emulator features but zoom does a reasonable job - you don't lose much. Full screen squashes it all up a bit.
  • santashi 21 Jan 2013 15:38:29 4,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've decided that I shouldn't read the PS Blog comments. There are a shocking amount of whiners on there. These lovely people are localising games for you! Cut it out!

• Murbal 21 Jan 2013 15:42:12 21,547 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi people complain about mobile apps being 2 these days. Vocal gamers wanting something for nothing.

Saddens me :-(
  • Murbal 21 Jan 2013 15:43:37 21,547 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh. I've pre-ordered Sly Thieves in Time and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

More games than hours to play them!
  • dominalien 21 Jan 2013 15:48:06 6,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Castlevania SotN plays really well btw. Switch off that bilinear filtering nonsense though to stop the graphics appearing blurry and the colours washed out.
    Is it the PSP Castlevania game, or a PSN game retooled for Vita (with trophies etc.)?
    PSone classic.
    How does it size? Wasn't there a patch recently to resize full screen or something?
    Haven't really played about much with the emulator features but zoom does a reasonable job - you don't lose much. Full screen squashes it all up a bit.
    There's a custom mode, where you can zoom in/out and adjust the aspect ratio/placement with your fingers on the screen. It's all very flexible, but still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to fit a 4:3 image into a 16:9 screen.

PSN: DonOsito

• santashi 21 Jan 2013 15:48:27 4,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Murbal Yes. :(

"This would be 3 on a tablet." And?

Now I'm getting more into NGSP1 I'm tempted to order 2... at least I know I'll definitely be able to change Rachel into a less appalling outfit.

• dominalien 21 Jan 2013 15:49:23 6,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I've decided that I shouldn't read the PS Blog comments. There are a shocking amount of whiners on there. These lovely people are localising games for you! Cut it out!
    Yes, it's amazing what pricks (at least some) gamers are. I just read the comments where there's a response from the staff, because that's where any useful info is in, anyway.

• trav 21 Jan 2013 15:50:53 925 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @santashi if it was free they'd still complain it was too expensive.
  • HiddenAway 21 Jan 2013 15:59:40 14,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Yes, it's amazing what pricks (at least some) gamers are. I just read the comments where there's a response from the staff, because that's where any useful info is in, anyway.
    The correct way to trawl through PS Blog Comments without wanting to destroy your keyboard.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 21 Jan 2013 16:00:47 4,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    True, probably, and yes. Ah well. :p

I'm looking forward to my Let's Corpse! doses, anyway.

Edited by santashi at 16:01:35 21-01-2013

• JayG 21 Jan 2013 16:10:43 828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find a lot of gaming sites like that. The Bethsoft and Bioware ones really seem to attract the most insane people I've ever seen. They are only games at the end of the day. The Baldur's Gate forum seems a little out for hangings too, personally I'm just glad that they are trying to update a classic, can be patient while they sort out the issues.
  • addyb 21 Jan 2013 16:20:33 834 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been playing more little kings today. No idea how far I am into it but just traversed a mountain dodging boulders etc. Really enjoying it. Seems simplistic and repetitive so I really shouldn't like it but it gets very addictive when you push on and discover new land.

Ive got Persona 4 coming tomorrow. I'm really tempted to get disgaea 3 and project diva as well.

What else is on the horizon rpg/strategy wise?
  • JayG 21 Jan 2013 16:24:08 828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you get Disgaea 3, along with Persona 4, that's many hours of gaming. Virtues Last reward supposed to be very good, with quite a few hours. Still haven't gotten around to giving it a proper go. And there is probably some old PSP/Playstation games you might have missed. Trails in the Sky was a PSP game i missed but ended up been a classic.
  • elstoof 21 Jan 2013 16:24:32 6,140 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Gah. I guess it's only 4 ;-)
    You know full well that you were going to spend full price on them eventually, so after buying two this ones essentially free.
  • Murbal 21 Jan 2013 16:25:58 21,547 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got a couple of quid in my wallet already so I'll be saving even more! That's how it works, right? :D
  • dominalien 21 Jan 2013 16:34:19 6,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Buy more and save. ;-)

• addyb 21 Jan 2013 16:56:44 834 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    If you get Disgaea 3, along with Persona 4, that's many hours of gaming. Virtues Last reward supposed to be very good, with quite a few hours. Still haven't gotten around to giving it a proper go. And there is probably some old PSP/Playstation games you might have missed. Trails in the Sky was a PSP game i missed but ended up been a classic.
    Yeah virtues last reward is definitely one on my hitlist.
    I'm looking forward to Persona. Never played one before so no idea if I will like it but we will see. Funnily enough I was looking at reviews/footage for Trails in the sky last night. Another one to add to the list.

Now dont laugh as its a genuine question. Are the disgaea games anything like advance wars for the DS? What I mean is with it being turn based strategy. Only reason I ask is I loved those games along with some of the rome total war on the pc. Just trying to gauge if I will like it.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Jan 2013 17:01:34 10,279 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    JayG wrote:
    Yeah virtues last reward is definitely one on my hitlist.
    I'm looking forward to Persona. Never played one before so no idea if I will like it but we will see. Funnily enough I was looking at reviews/footage for Trails in the sky last night. Another one to add to the list.

Now dont laugh as its a genuine question. Are the disgaea games anything like advance wars for the DS? What I mean is with it being turn based strategy. Only reason I ask is I loved those games along with some of the rome total war on the pc. Just trying to gauge if I will like it.
    I'd definitely recommend both Virtue's Last Reward and Trails in the Sky
  • Rens11 21 Jan 2013 17:39:45 1,256 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @addyb

Get Valkyria chronicles 2 if you enjoyed advance wars

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• addyb 21 Jan 2013 17:49:58 834 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    @addyb

Get Valkyria chronicles 2 if you enjoyed advance wars
    I will take a look at that thanks mate.
  • Kay 21 Jan 2013 18:03:30 17,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @addyb Disgaea is turn-based, like Advance Wars, but with a heavy RPG element (hence the term strategy RPG). Instead of random units you have a team of characters that you take with you into all battles - you can create new characters, change classes, level them up, equip with different weapons or armour etc. Advance Wars is all about tactics, whereas SRPGs are more grindey and about lovingly improving your team. Just as addictive, but in a different way.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is also an SRPG, but with psuedo real-time combat (you directly control characters on a 3D battlefield, aim and fire etc.). Definitely worth trying.
  • Kay 21 Jan 2013 18:06:07 17,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Crap, now I want to buy Disgaea 3. :(
  • uiruki 21 Jan 2013 18:15:35 3,531 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's so much better than the PS3 one, and the Vita's pad and buttons really make it a joy to play. Really hope that they convert 4 in similar fashion. Or D2!
  • addyb 21 Jan 2013 18:29:51 834 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kay

It does seem very appealing. I remember being disinterested in advance wars for ages as I didnt think it was my cup of tea but after finally playing it I felt like slapping myself for not doing so sooner. Ive never played a great deal of strategy games but always felt they are better suited to a handheld.
  • santashi 21 Jan 2013 18:50:04 4,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apparently Let's Fish! should be about 1.4GB for anyone who was wondering.

@addyb Persona 4 and Disgaea 3 could well last you a couple of hundred hours on their own. :D

• JayG 21 Jan 2013 18:53:53 828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never played Valkyria Chronicles, but if you want an very good turn based strategy game with a lot of hours, Disgaea is great. Also very funny, decent cut scenes and one of the Vita's best games. I used to be a huge turn based strategy player on the pc many moons ago, playing the likes of Master of Magic and Age of Wonders. Don't really have the patience any more, so a hand held strategy game was great for me.
  • Froggit 21 Jan 2013 18:55:30 300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any of those Final Fantasies I don't really need to bother with?
  • Page

of 900 First / Last