PlayStation Vita Page 475

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• JayG 17 Jan 2013 22:36:17 828 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm the same Addy, still got games I haven't put much time into on the Vita, yet still tempted by the Xseed games and Retro. Also brought way too many games on the Ipad that I will never play, but at least they are cheap.
  • santashi 17 Jan 2013 22:50:53 4,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    I'm the same Addy, still got games I haven't put much time into on the Vita, yet still tempted by the Xseed games and Retro. Also brought way too many games on the Ipad that I will never play, but at least they are cheap.
    Sumioni is supposed to be relatively quick to finish if that helps. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• addyb 17 Jan 2013 23:11:52 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    Yeah im terrible. I bought a Wii U with 4 games but promptly sold 2 of the games about a week later. I've done ok with my vita dealings so far.

Little kings story for £8 from shopto (had £13 credit)
    Little Big Planet† £18 from member on avforums
    Virtua Tennis 4 -† £6 from Hotukd
    Unit 13 for £15 (coming next week)

Also bought everybody's golf 2 in the sale for a few quid leaving my total spend pretty much £50 for 5 games and a nice variety of games as well I reckon (I've also got hustle kings, motor storm rc, mortal kombat, & top darts)† The value I've had from PS+ has been great. Gravity Rush, Uncharted and mutant blobs are worth the years sub price alone and I've also got a nice stack of ps3 games from that as well.

I'll admit I wasnt a massive fan of the psp. I much preferred the DS but this time round I'm disappointed with the 3DS. I've enjoyed Mariokart, resi revelations, pull blox, zen pinball and pilot wings but overall really disappointed with the software library considering how long its now been out. I think the vita has a really solid library built up in less than 12 months and its a shame to hear reports that sales have been poor and this years lineup seems sparce. Its a really nice piece of kit.

Edited by addyb at 23:13:46 17-01-2013
  • JayG 18 Jan 2013 08:04:26 828 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi actually it does. NSF has 1000 s of hours of game time, persona I've played 20 hours and barely seem to have gotten anywhere and barely started virtua. For that matter gravity rush feels big too. Call of duty tempted me as it would be nice to finish a game on vita.ive got 15 euros still on my pen account and debating spending it on one of the games, or another 3 months of plus.
  • santashi 18 Jan 2013 08:25:44 4,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @JayG I totally understand that! I seem to have a knack of buying games that take a long time to complete and so take ages to get through them. Persona 4 Golden is the last one I 'finished' (completed the story anyway-only got 70% on the trophy front) and that took me around 90 hours. :D

If you do get one of the games then please let us know what you think. :)

I've decided to start Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus from the beginning again and seem to have got a better handle on it this time round. Although controversially I still prefer Shinobido 2's take on ninjas with an emphasis on stealth and sneaking. So far in Ninja Gaiden the enemies just appear when I reach certain points so no chance of taking them by surprise. The story is also a little... surprising.

• JayG 18 Jan 2013 10:08:03 828 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Strangely enough I felt the same way. Didn't get that far in Ninja Gaiden, but Shinobido felt like the perfect handheld game. Short missions for quick bursts of play, and longer ones when you have more time to play.
  • addyb 18 Jan 2013 10:54:44 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Never played Shinobido 2 as im put off by all the negative reviews.
  • dominalien 18 Jan 2013 11:48:02 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    santashi will want a word with you about that. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• addyb 18 Jan 2013 11:51:51 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    Lol I know some people will enjoy it. Hell I loved silent hill downpour last year and that gets mostly negative reviews. I wouldnt mind trying it out but only if I can pick it up on the cheap.
  • JayG 18 Jan 2013 11:53:48 828 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's good fun, not a classic, but I picked it up when it was on sale on PSN. Worth picking up if it's part of this upcoming sale they keep hinting about.
  • addyb 18 Jan 2013 12:12:36 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jayG

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone recommend a decent psp rpg or strategy game thats available on the store?

I'm loving little kings story and I know this is very rpg lite so to speak but after something similar if possible.

Edited by addyb at 13:29:08 18-01-2013
  • GeezaTap 18 Jan 2013 12:20:56 289 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been having tons of fun with Everybody's Tennis so far.

Yup, it has been really easy, although the game oozes charm. Being able to play tennis dressed as a Victorian Gentleman with a squirrel's tail sure helped the bus trip to work go by today.
  • santashi 18 Jan 2013 15:10:45 4,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    I certainly do. :D It's a great game that has a real spark to it.

I can't actually remember what the negativity actually was, now. I think the graphics were knocked, but they were perfectly passable (or lovely in Kaede's case ahem).

The combat is the weakest point, but save for a few (and there are very few of these) boss fights (which generally work well enough in the time-honoured work-out-the-pattern, smack them a few times then work out the new pattern way), you're really missing the point of the game, and of being a ninja, if you run up to people and try to take them on head on. The only time you ever really do this is when you lay an explosive then show yourself to trick an enemy into running over it.

And you'd have to be completely insane to take on a pack of huge bears openly. :p

To conclude: the stealth is the main part of the game and is both hugely satisfying and great fun, and Kaede is very pretty.

• addyb 18 Jan 2013 15:23:30 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think from what I gather the negativity comes from people saying the game gets extremely repetitive along with the visuals. The visuals seem passable to me from. a quick YouTube. Wouldnt know about gameplay as obviously never played it. Might pick it up if I can get it cheap. Got loads to be getting on with anyway.
  • Gregolution 18 Jan 2013 19:20:32 3,116 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Little kings story arrived in the post. Looks quite good! Nice resolution, very sharp, I'm impressed.
  • addyb 18 Jan 2013 19:51:43 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Little kings story arrived in the post. Looks quite good! Nice resolution, very sharp, I'm impressed.
    I think it's a great little game. Very impressed with Little Big Planet as well. Both a perfect fit for the vita
  • H1ggyLTD 18 Jan 2013 20:18:29 1,373 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    These cross-play titles...say i buy Sly Cooper, can i then download the game to Vita, and trade the boxed game straight back in?
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jan 2013 20:21:47 10,277 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    These cross-play titles...say i buy Sly Cooper, can i then download the game to Vita, and trade the boxed game straight back in?
    Yes.
  • JayG 18 Jan 2013 20:28:53 828 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed Little King's Story, reminded me a lot of old Bullfrog games.
  • jonsaan 18 Jan 2013 20:44:16 25,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyone else experienced crashes in JSR? That's twice it's black screened.After a stage that took forever too!

FCUTA!

• H1ggyLTD 18 Jan 2013 20:44:17 1,373 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Flying_Pig excellent.

Wish i'd known that when All Stars came out.

Sly gonna be any good?
  • BeebleB 19 Jan 2013 00:10:05 778 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Probably not, the sly games have decreased in quality since the 1st imo. It'll probably be far too easy, hopefully I'm wrong though..

Yea my jetset radio has been a bit buggy..plays and looks great when it works though.
  • kdsh7 19 Jan 2013 00:28:32 1,163 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    anyone else experienced crashes in JSR? That's twice it's black screened.After a stage that took forever too!
    Yes, as pretty as the game is on Vita, I think it has some serious bugs.

It's black screened on my past 2 missions, once the music cut out completely and the level refused to finish, and there's a 1 in 3 chance of the start menu persistently appearing in-game when i restart it.
  • jonsaan 19 Jan 2013 07:32:11 25,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yeah I have had the start screen problem too...

Overall I don't think the game has aged well at all really. Pushing forward constantly on the stick is daft and being accurate with where you land is very frustrating. It just seems a bit clumsy now.

It still oozes style mind....

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 19 Jan 2013 07:44:10 25,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and it's crashed again. Not playing anymore. Hopefully there will be a patch in the future..

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 19 Jan 2013 07:45:46 25,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    is the store STILL down?

FCUTA!

• dominalien 19 Jan 2013 08:10:40 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All of PSN is down. And just as I got a new PS3, too. :-(

• santashi 19 Jan 2013 09:30:12 4,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It seems to have been down for a while now. I can find the link saying when it was supposed to start but when I click on it the end time vanishes. I think it's probably because I'm on a mobile device rather than it never ending though. ;)

Edit: There we go. Should finish at 10am.

Edited by santashi at 09:37:01 19-01-2013

• Flying_Pig 19 Jan 2013 09:37:32 10,277 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi - started Thursday Afternoon. Should have finished Friday morning...
  • dominalien 19 Jan 2013 09:47:08 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's working now. Thank god! :-)

• Page

of 900 First / Last