PlayStation Vita Page 474

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• SlackMaster 17 Jan 2013 07:18:46 3,132 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @addyb That is one I'd buy as soon as it's out... I put a 100's of hours into the DC and NGC version's, mainly in offline play. Hope they have an offline play more and that it's nothing like PSU which I never got on with.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Gregolution 17 Jan 2013 08:12:51 3,116 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    There's just so much more content in 2 though. The Vita one is poor in that respect.
    Main thing for me is the difficulty. EG Vita is the toughest golf game I've ever played which is realistic because golf is bloody hard. Slightly ironic that the cutesy cartoony EveryBodys Golf is a far more realistic golf sim than Tiger Woods or anthing else.
  • santashi 17 Jan 2013 08:45:56 4,928 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apparently first print Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 (a name that really could do with being shortened) will have DLC costumes for the laydees.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• GeezaTap 17 Jan 2013 08:47:10 289 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Starting downloading Everybody's Tennis before heading into the office - looking forward to having a go tonight.

Clap Handz should have a go at Football - I'm sure they could come up with something fun.
  • Popzeus 17 Jan 2013 09:37:51 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retro City Rampage seems worth the wait from my first impressions. It's a weird little game, so much going on so quickly that it's best in small doses.

It reminds me of the kind of made-up game I'd imagine in my head as an 8 year old with a Speccy, if that makes any sense.

Don't agree with the people who say it's lacking charm and humour, personally, but probably worth giving the trial a go as it won't be for everyone.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• SlackMaster 17 Jan 2013 09:47:17 3,132 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Gregolution The only Gripe I have is that it is far too stingy with the unlocks making it a real grind and also you have no do-over on a hole that you f-up. I remember the ball rolling off the green down a slope into the rough where it was impossible to hit it back up. When this happens they should let you move the ball to the fairway just outside the green.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• GeezaTap 17 Jan 2013 10:05:20 289 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SlackMaster The Crown challenges sure are a bitch.

One of the first ones is do get on a par 4 green in one shot, and there's only one hole you can do it on. Mess that up and you may as well restart.

At least I have my hole-in-one trophy!
  • Ultrasoundwave 17 Jan 2013 10:21:19 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Retro City Rampage seems worth the wait from my first impressions. It's a weird little game, so much going on so quickly that it's best in small doses.

It reminds me of the kind of made-up game I'd imagine in my head as an 8 year old with a Speccy, if that makes any sense.

Don't agree with the people who say it's lacking charm and humour, personally, but probably worth giving the trial a go as it won't be for everyone.

Was gutted last night - i went onto the store and i thought Sony had made another cock-up because it had listed :

Full Game - 8.99 (or however much it is)
    Full Game - Free

Naturally, i pressed the 'free' version and it started downloading. T'was only when i got into the game it said 'unlock full game'.

Balls - thought i'd snuck a freebie......

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 17 Jan 2013 10:26:19 10,785 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If anyone's after a decent starting bundle for PS Vita, I've just put mine up for offer on the Swapsies thread. Open to any sensible offers :)
  • Murbal 17 Jan 2013 10:32:34 21,547 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just not playing it? Preferring your 3DS?
  • el_pollo_diablo 17 Jan 2013 10:32:59 2,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EG Vita is too hard and too stingy with the new character unlocks. I want to play as that retired japanese dude! You know the one.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 17 Jan 2013 10:41:12 10,785 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Murbal I've played what I want to on it and the future is looking bleak. Rather get out now than have a redundant handheld.

3DS isn't much better tbh. Maybe this is my final exodus from gaming... (without wishing to go all emo) :)
  • santashi 17 Jan 2013 10:51:13 4,928 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I presumably have no soul but I tried the trial of RCR last night and it didn't really do much for me. Definitely a lot of love put into it, though.

• Zizoo 17 Jan 2013 11:01:44 7,705 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I fear I may feel the same.
  • monkman76 17 Jan 2013 11:06:23 3,396 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does look a bit of a marmite game. Anyone tried that Sumioni?
  • andyc1980 17 Jan 2013 11:16:20 1,054 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave I done exactly the same thing, wasn't happy.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Jan 2013 12:56:18 10,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    EG Vita is too hard and too stingy with the new character unlocks. I want to play as that retired japanese dude! You know the one.
    This. It's such a painful grind, and massively frustrating. I love Everybody's Golf, but struggle to find the incentive to play it :(
  • Murbal 17 Jan 2013 13:03:09 21,547 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Exactly how I feel about Wipeout at the moment. I'm going to trade it in. I'm certain though that if I end up missing it that somewhere down the line it'll end up on PS+.

I haven't touched EG in months (since the last time I played online with Haway in fact).
  • Gregolution 17 Jan 2013 13:25:33 3,116 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    This. It's such a painful grind, and massively frustrating. I love Everybody's Golf, but struggle to find the incentive to play it :(
    Golf IS frustrating. That's what makes the game so bloody good. Small mistakes punish you.
  • nickthegun 17 Jan 2013 13:37:30 55,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EG has always been tight with the unlocks, though.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• el_pollo_diablo 17 Jan 2013 13:39:57 2,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Golf IS frustrating. That's what makes the game so bloody good. Small mistakes punish you.
    Hmmm. Not sure about that.

What's good about golf * isn't the frustration. It's the fact that you're really only playing against your own best score.

They messed up by thinking that insanely angled greens that drop off into water would make the game more fun - but it's the opposite because it actually removes skill from the game.

I mean, it's still a fun game, but the psp games were so much better.

(* computer game golf, as opposed to real golf. Who cares about real golf? It's a game exclusively for bellends).

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 13:42:13 17-01-2013
  • infoxicated 17 Jan 2013 15:49:45 1,022 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Totally agree with the above - I'll play the first three courses again and again, but the Legacy of Golf Links and the ones that open after that can do one.

It's just an exercise in frustration landing within a foot of the hole with all the back-spin you can muster to hold the ball on the green only to roll off into a pond or a ditch 20 yards away because it's on a 45 degree angle or somesuch bollocks.

Strangely I do keep going back to those early courses, but it does feel like half the game has been wasted for me by masochistic game designers, hell bent on giving the game "depth" by the introduction of arbitrary/unrealistic terrain.
  • addyb 17 Jan 2013 17:57:21 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got LBP today so another game to add to the collection. I'm really glad I picked up another vita. Like others I dont have high hopes for its long term future but at present its brilliant for small sessions here and there.

Does anyone know the cheapest place or is anyone selling their Unit 13 game? Ive noticed its preowned @ game for 19.99. I'm being a tightwad and only want to pay around 15 lol

Edited by addyb at 17:57:43 17-01-2013
  • JayG 17 Jan 2013 18:16:26 828 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a very good game, should be able to get it cheap enough now too. I picked it up 2nd hand and kinda wished I brought it new, but the developers were closed down not to long after release anyway. Dead or Alive is looking good too.
  • addyb 17 Jan 2013 18:46:38 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    It's a very good game, should be able to get it cheap enough now too. I picked it up 2nd hand and kinda wished I brought it new, but the developers were closed down not to long after release anyway. Dead or Alive is looking good too.
    Yeah I had it when it originally launched but never finished it. It's hard work finding a decent priced copy but might just pay more anyway as I really did enjoy it.
  • santashi 17 Jan 2013 19:03:59 4,928 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't forget that there is a PS Store Vita sale coming. One day.

If you have games to play at the mo it might be worth waiting and seeing what happens.

• addyb 17 Jan 2013 19:18:41 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Don't forget that there is a PS Store Vita sale coming. One day.

If you have games to play at the mo it might be worth waiting and seeing what happens.
    Yeah makes sense. Ive got plenty to play but I'm a nightmare. Once I have an idea in my head about a game I normally end up getting it. Lol
  • MadCaddy13 17 Jan 2013 19:25:17 1,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @addyb you can buy my copy for 15 if you want. Network pass is unused and in pristine con.
  • Kangoo 17 Jan 2013 19:33:39 1,011 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They keep hinting that there will be a sale next month on the comments on the Blog, have seen mentions of LBP, Wipeout and EG so far.

Guess it will tie in with the 1st year release anniversary.

PSN: Adwab2

• addyb 17 Jan 2013 19:34:10 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    @addyb you can buy my copy for 15 if you want. Network pass is unused and in pristine con.
    Sounds great mate. I'm a long time trader on avforums but never on this site so do we just take to pm now with details or do it on the swapsies thread?
  • Page

of 900 First / Last