Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal - seriously. Was trying to ignore this one :(
  • el_pollo_diablo 4 Jan 2013 19:03:34 2,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Sonic Racing Transformed.

Looks lovely. Sublime gameplay. Challenging. One of the best time trial modes I've played in years.

Bloody love it.
    Finding this game a little hard to enjoy, perhaps down to my general dislike of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Where are all the decent characters? Why can't I drive the Outrun car, or Space Harrier, or Super Hang On?
  • Murbal 4 Jan 2013 19:07:28 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo valid criticism. I'm just enjoying the game so much. Can't say I'm a Sonic fan either.
  • el_pollo_diablo 4 Jan 2013 19:29:47 2,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe I'm just hankering after a proper Outrun game on the vita.
  • Murbal 4 Jan 2013 19:37:51 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig 18 ShopTo
  • Flying_Pig 4 Jan 2013 19:49:54 10,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal - Stop it!!

;)
  • Murbal 4 Jan 2013 20:36:16 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vita games don't count. New rule.
  • Gregolution 5 Jan 2013 07:38:49 3,116 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started playing Crash Bandicoot last night and it's actually a lot of fun! I got all 3 and the kart racing game off ps+ ages ago and they were sitting in a forgotten corner of my vitas memory card. Not bad.... guess a classic stays a classic.

Bloody hard though.
  • chub 5 Jan 2013 15:17:40 433 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just noticed that the free Vita version of Jetpack Joyride is now available in countries other than the UK, at least here in Scandinavia (not sure the full list of countries). So it's worth checking the Store again if you couldn't find it before.
  • infoxicated 5 Jan 2013 15:53:49 1,022 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    What's the 'Smart As...' consensus? It's 13 on GAME at the mo:

http://bit.ly/130rmYo
    It's meh. There's a good reason it's dropped in price after only six weeks on release. John Cleese gets as annoying as the chick in Tumble, if you've ever played that - just repeating the same canned phrases over and over. If you miss a day or two you get a guilt trip when you get back into it again, with Cleese chastising you for not playing it every day.

The games have to be unlocked to practice by playing the daily challenge thing, which is really annoying because if you're shit at a game what you want to do is practice it.

Some of the games are royally frustrating, too, such as the game that forms a live puzzle of your face using the front camera. I find this one a total bastard to play because when I'm on the train I'm moving about so it's hard to keep still enough to work out what the hell is going on.

There's a game where you have to draw letters on a blackboard to spell out a word and another where you do the same but with numbers to answer a given sum. The input recognition is appalling, though - my Palm pilot did a better job ten years ago than Smart As does. So you'll get fucked over and lose points for putting in the wrong answer when it wasn't your fault.

With some letters it recognises upper case every time and with others it has to be lower case. Sometimes you'll have to re-draw the same letter a bunch of times to get it to recognise it and that wastes time, affecting your score.

I played it for about two weeks and the second week was only to justify buying it, but I'm unlikely to go back to it now.
  • el_pollo_diablo 5 Jan 2013 16:12:49 2,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I started playing Crash Bandicoot last night and it's actually a lot of fun! I got all 3 and the kart racing game off ps+ ages ago and they were sitting in a forgotten corner of my vitas memory card. Not bad.... guess a classic stays a classic.

Bloody hard though.
    I've just started Metal Gear Solid for the first time ever. It's very atmospheric although the controls take a bit of getting used to, and the writing and voice acting are both sub-GCSE.

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 16:13:37 05-01-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Jan 2013 17:24:01 21,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The voice acting is fantastic in MGS!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• el_pollo_diablo 5 Jan 2013 19:40:25 2,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    The voice acting is fantastic in MGS!
    You're smoking crack man.

Alright, Snake is tolerable but everyone else is Resident Evil bad. Your mentor in particular is excruciating! :-)
  • Zizoo 5 Jan 2013 19:43:49 7,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    chub wrote:
    I just noticed that the free Vita version of Jetpack Joyride is now available in countries other than the UK, at least here in Scandinavia (not sure the full list of countries). So it's worth checking the Store again if you couldn't find it before.
    Ooh... thanks!

Just got it. Addictive.
  • GeezaTap 5 Jan 2013 20:59:25 289 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    chub wrote:
    Ooh... thanks!

Just got it. Addictive.
    I second that emotion.

I find with this and Everybody's Golf that despite the pause feature, I still end up getting off the bus and standing in a doorway for a bit to finish my session.

Addicted much?
  • Flying_Pig 5 Jan 2013 21:34:03 10,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enjoying Jetpack Joyride too :)
  • HiddenAway 5 Jan 2013 23:10:19 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just finished Jetpack Joyride (all items, and trophies). Thanks for the free trophies :)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• StixxUK 6 Jan 2013 23:14:13 7,170 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    When are they going to announce Okami for this thing?
  • HiddenAway 7 Jan 2013 06:57:41 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @StixxUK I really doubt it...

I'll take it - but it's Capcom so who knows...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• RunningMan 7 Jan 2013 07:55:11 2,356 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least patch it for remote play, please??
  • jonsaan 7 Jan 2013 07:58:05 25,248 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Games I would love to see:

Critter Crunch
    Outrun coast 2 coast.
    Stick Cricket

FCUTA!

• Murbal 7 Jan 2013 08:34:21 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Sonic Racing Transformed.

Looks lovely. Sublime gameplay. Challenging. One of the best time trial modes I've played in years.

Bloody love it.
    So I carried on playing this whenever I could over the weekend. My thoughts largely haven't changed, but there are some moments during race modes when the frame rate takes an absolute battering. Reminds me of how Outrun used to struggle on the PSP.

That said, most of the time this isn't an issue and there's so much variety in the various race modes and the wonderfully constructed tracks that at times I can genuinely say this is more fun than even Wipeout or Most Wanted. Great stuff.
  • binky Moderator 7 Jan 2013 11:10:56 9,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have a confession to make.
    I'm not sure I'm that in love with Little Big Planet. I just can't get motivated to play it and find the floaty physics a bit... meh. I'm sure the game is great, it's just not clicking with me as I thought it would. Annoyingly I bought this on download as well, so I can't exactly trade it in, either :(
  • Cosmopolitan 7 Jan 2013 11:24:23 1,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Better check the demo next time?I'm not sure if there is one though, I lost interest in LBP after getting the PSP version - a totally not-for-me game. Got it as a reward for that PSN outage, which some of you might remember. Abhorred everything about it, most of all the narrator's voice. Erm, sorry.
    I have yet to download a Vita game that I don't like, well apart from some PS One classics (Wipeout, Fear Effect) that I found disappointing.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 11:26:01 07-01-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• binky Moderator 7 Jan 2013 11:29:55 9,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No demo, certainly not at the time of purchase else I'd have done so - absolutely.
    Ah well.
  • BryanAKADJ 7 Jan 2013 12:52:47 271 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can't get into LittleBigPlanet either, just meh.
    Played the mini games on it more that the actual game itself.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• binky Moderator 7 Jan 2013 13:51:47 9,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really want to like it, but I fear that's probably down to have spent 30 on something I don't like :D
  • MadCaddy13 7 Jan 2013 13:58:25 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I paid 20 for it when it was on sale on amazon. I'm liking it! I like the fact they kinda make you play through the story before you can make your own levels.
  • kalel 7 Jan 2013 13:59:27 83,871 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The physics in this game have always been wrong. The whole essence of platforming games is responsiveness of the character, so having one that plays like it's got some sort of shifting gelatinous weight inside it is the mind-blowingly bad design.
  • nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 14:04:23 55,848 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its a crying shame as everything else is brilliant. Its a 10.0 on the whimsy scale and some of the levels are fantastic but the floatyness makes it horrible to play.

You can only imagine that, given all the physics requirements and everything sackboy has to interact with, this was, sadly, the best way of doing it. You cant imagine they didnt know it wasnt ideal.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 900 First / Last