PlayStation Vita Page 444

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• HiddenAway 1 Dec 2012 13:25:02 14,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elstoof The deal is still a bit rubbish because if you think about it, the 4GB card is only going to store one or 2 of the PS+ collection ;)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• steveb07 1 Dec 2012 14:37:21 833 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are they not selling 64gb cards yet ?
    Thought you could get them in Japan but my Google searches are coming up blank

PSN: IIIQuid

• Edtuckerartist 1 Dec 2012 14:40:09 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Help_me wrote:
    @Edtuckerartist Think you do it on the psn network website. Or Sony's.
    Been to the website and it onlybgives the optionbto deactivate all consoles, i just want to deactivate one :(
    (Dont want to risk loosing anything on my Vita.)
  • Edtuckerartist 1 Dec 2012 14:46:24 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had a code for 30 days free plus in with my Hitman absolution ps3 game. Though how i am going to use it? It says i need a credit/debit card to activate it and it will automatically start charging for 90 days after the trial. I dont have a credit/debit card so would have to use my fathers and he's overdrawn :o
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 17:46:04
    DOA5 has been announced for the vita
  • atomicjuicer 1 Dec 2012 17:51:42 274 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Excellent news!
  • JayG 1 Dec 2012 17:53:23 828 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was that DOA announcement a piss take? Or why was the subtitles written by a 4 year old. Still, the Playsation Vita exsisting communities and eveyone will be pretty happy.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 18:05:20
    Great news about DOA5, really hoping VF2 arcade version is also for the Vita.

@Edtuckerartist

You can cancel the feature before it kicks in, unless your console was to breakdown.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/account/plus.html

But it is does seem completely illegal in the UK, how these service can take money by such stealth means without needing explicit authorization from the user.

Granted PSN is excellent value in what it offers, but I was happy to let my 3month sub expire, as I'd only subscribed to get round a DRM save file situation when I changed HDDs, and was massively irritated by it automatically taking 12 out of a 30 PSN card I preloaded to buy games or rent films, even though automatic wallet funding was disabled.

Regardless of whether this type of crap is considered legal in the US with Live/PSN, I'm going to be making a formal complaint at some point this year to UK's ombudsman for such matters, to try and get this cowboy issue fixed.
  • jonsaan 1 Dec 2012 18:43:35 25,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That DOA news is fantastic. My fav fighting series bar none. Woooooooooooooot!!

FCUTA!

• chessboxer 1 Dec 2012 18:49:13 250 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Great news about DOA5, really hoping VF2 arcade version is also for the Vita.

@Edtuckerartist

You can cancel the feature before it kicks in, unless your console was to breakdown.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/account/plus.html

But it is does seem completely illegal in the UK, how these service can take money by such stealth means without needing explicit authorization from the user.

Granted PSN is excellent value in what it offers, but I was happy to let my 3month sub expire, as I'd only subscribed to get round a DRM save file situation when I changed HDDs, and was massively irritated by it automatically taking 12 out of a 30 PSN card I preloaded to buy games or rent films, even though automatic wallet funding was disabled.

Regardless of whether this type of crap is considered legal in the US with Live/PSN, I'm going to be making a formal complaint at some point this year to UK's ombudsman for such matters, to try and get this cowboy issue fixed.
    I'm not sure how it's illegal. The same renewal practice is used by insurance companies who are governed by the FSA. This is certainly not illegal in the UK banking and financial services industry. MS also does the same thing with Xbox Live Gold and that has been running for 10yrs.

In fact before you can even purchase PS+ there was a big box (only about 5 lines of text) that you had to manually accept before you could complete the transaction, which stated that PS+ would automatically renew and it told you where to go to remove the automatic renewal after purchase. That was in place over 20 months ago.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 20:34:27
    @Chessboxer

I know it was Live that started this insidious practice in console service renewals. But just because insurance do it, where it makes sense, doesn't mean it is an acceptable practice for consoles (entertainment/toys).

Consumer rights in the UK can be changed when people highlight such issues. In my case, I was genuinely re-entered into a contract, I certainly hadn't consented to, and was given no cooling off period to return or cancel the unwanted service for a refund.

IT professionals are desensitized to reading even small amounts of T&Cs(as even judges have admitted they are), and because I'd already disabled automatic wallet funding, I didn't expect any auto spending on my account. Why would I?

After getting the email about the charge, I logged in and changed the option straight away, as it had been the first time it was brought to my attention, and I'm sure many others do the same the first time they get done.

Fortunately PSN is excellent value for money(imo), and my brief feeling of being defrauded, and robbed didn't last long (as I downloaded Gravity Rush), but this is not acceptable on Live or PSN in the UK, and I will make enquires to get it changed, so that the default behaviour is to have people opted out of a renewal, so that consent is explicit.
  • Edtuckerartist 1 Dec 2012 23:35:14 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    To automatically start a paid subscription would be fine by me but I would like to see a opt out box when signing up to such things.
  • Zizoo 2 Dec 2012 00:32:49 7,713 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I finally have wifi working on my Vita! I can finally play games online! And finally get PS+!

Finally!
  • thenastypasty 2 Dec 2012 12:33:14 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I've just bought a Vita with LBP and a 4gb memory card for for 150. Good deal?
  • elstoof 2 Dec 2012 12:40:17 6,141 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd say so, I just ordered one with NFS and a memory card for 200 and I thought that was a decent price.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 12:51:16
    thenastypasty wrote:
    So I've just bought a Vita with LBP and a 4gb memory card for for 150. Good deal?
    where from?
  • thenastypasty 2 Dec 2012 13:08:29 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got it from Amazon.It.

Edit:link

Edited by thenastypasty at 13:09:59 02-12-2012
  • Zizoo 3 Dec 2012 07:23:16 7,713 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I need some help please.

Larger downloads are failing right at the end on my Vita. Gravity Rush downloads completely, and then when it's finished it says 0 seconds remaining, it starts from the beginning... The Jet Set Radio trial did the same.

Smaller downloads like Mutant Blobs Attack download just fine.

Any suggestions?
  • jonsaan 3 Dec 2012 07:24:59 25,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like you should format your memory card and see if it still does it then.

FCUTA!

• santashi 3 Dec 2012 09:19:09 4,938 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I do like how every time I go away for a few days there's an announcement for a Vita game I would love to play. I clearly need to take more trips.

I also appear to have got a message on EG telling me 'actually, i seek for true friendship and partner'.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• santashi 3 Dec 2012 10:55:03 4,938 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not sure if this was posted already (I didn't spot it from a quick look at any rate!) but there will be a Soul Sacrifice limited edition Vita. Only announced for Japan so far but it's not unheard of for us to get limited edition consoles for games released over here.

• HiddenAway 3 Dec 2012 13:51:53 14,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi Would have been a good announcement - except that Siliconera's noted that should Monster Hunter 4's release date be correct (March 2013), then it'll clash.

Oh the irony!

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 3 Dec 2012 14:21:36 4,938 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @HiddenAway Oh, is that the DoA release window? Quite a while off then.

Edit: Actually, you were probably referring to my other post about the LE Vita, weren't you? I think. Don't mind me! :D

Edited by santashi at 14:22:43 03-12-2012

• Murbal 3 Dec 2012 14:27:10 21,547 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oooh. My PS3 has turned up. Now to quiz my favourite crowd of gamers as to the best exclusives/PSN downloads to look out for... Okami HD, Journey & Tokyo Jungle aside as I've already got my eye on those ;-)
  • RunningMan 3 Dec 2012 14:28:34 2,356 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get ps plus, such good value.

Edited by RunningMan at 14:29:27 03-12-2012
  • RunningMan 3 Dec 2012 14:32:15 2,356 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stacking, Costume Quest, Renegade Ops, Flower are all excellent.
  • Kangoo 3 Dec 2012 14:33:04 1,011 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Murbal

Definitely get Plus, would wait before you download anything as the Christmas sale should start in a couple of weeks and I would imagine a couple of those will be in there.

Would also recommend Wipeout (and the add on packs are cross compatible with Vita), the Pixel Junk games, Dead Nation, Flower, Siren and probably a few more that I have forgotten.

PSN: Adwab2

• Murbal 3 Dec 2012 14:33:41 21,547 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RunningMan 7.99 this weekend? Already done :-)

Couple of current games on PS+ that I'll be checking out but others I've either got no interest in or have played on 360 already! Don't regret it though - and I'll happily play through Arkham City again in a couple of weeks!
  • Murbal 3 Dec 2012 14:34:29 21,547 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So as I've bought the DLC for Wipeout on Vita, does this mean I'll get to download Wipeout HD on PS3 for free?
  • Murbal 3 Dec 2012 14:39:36 21,547 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, I'll be all over the R&C games too :-)

And (finally) Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 for Vita \o/
  • Page

of 900 First / Last