PlayStation Vita Page 441

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• steveb07 27 Nov 2012 10:25:48 833 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I think its "why spend millions of pounds developing a game for a specific console when nobody has bought the console".

The EA Madden dev said it would have taken a whole team to port the latest Madden engine to Vita, and they made the decision not to, rather than the console not being capable of the engine.
    I think this isn't entirely true. From other dev stories I've read going from ps3 to vita isn't that big a deal

PSN: IIIQuid

• dominalien 27 Nov 2012 10:38:15 6,742 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    +1 Ninja Gaiden.

All the purists complaining that it was only 30fps, so the game was automatically rubbish. It was still an awesome game on my fourth playthrough with different systems. I think Grainger Games are selling it used for 12.99 if you're interested.
    Is it 30 fps? I never noticed... :S

PSN: DonOsito

• Progguitarist 27 Nov 2012 15:48:09 10,316 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:

PSN: Vicioushead

I don't get to play until after 10 usually though.
    @Progguitarist

Loving PS All-Stars at the moment, never clicked with SSB but this feels completely different.

What's your PSN username?
  • Kangoo 27 Nov 2012 16:03:02 1,011 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Progguitarist

Will add you later, my main time now seems to be between 9-11.30ish so should be good.

PSN: Adwab2

• johnson81 27 Nov 2012 16:27:10 368 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dominalien wrote:

Is it 30 fps? I never noticed... :S
    Exactly, I didn't feel it impacted the game at all.

EDIT: Sp

Edited by johnson81 at 16:27:31 27-11-2012

Edited by johnson81 at 16:27:45 27-11-2012
  • Gregolution 27 Nov 2012 18:32:38 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I must be seriously slow but.... do you not need 3G for the Near updates when you're out and about? I only just realised my vita has been discovering things while i've been out in various locations where I definitely did not have wifi coverage. It's doing this via gps?

WTF is going on?
  • Progguitarist 27 Nov 2012 18:43:59 10,316 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm having loads of fun with PSABR online. It's a fantastic example of the Vita's capabilities. Matches the PS3 version note for note and its rock solid online. Really feel it deserves better if only to support crossplay.
  • Matooine 27 Nov 2012 20:58:39 33 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just hired PS All stars battle royale from Lovefilm put the disc in clicked on disc extras and now I have a free copy of the Vita version! Not sure if its just because I was the first person to use the game, but worth a try for anybody else.
  • jonsaan 27 Nov 2012 21:17:16 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will that make up for the cost of all the hours of hiring games you forgot to send back to lovefilm? :)

Edited by jonsaan at 21:19:32 27-11-2012

FCUTA!

• elstoof 27 Nov 2012 22:03:58 6,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking at these vita bundles available, the console packed with a 4gb memory card and a voucher to download the "packed in" game. Just curious, how much of a pain in the arse is it to be lumbered with that memory card? I'm guessing you can fit that game and not much else, so will I be left juggling these cards about forever or is it possible to move stuff around between memory cards of various sizes?
  • jonsaan 27 Nov 2012 22:08:45 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes. You can move stuff around cards. Bit of a faff though, and not something you'd want to do all the time.

FCUTA!

• elstoof 27 Nov 2012 22:12:50 6,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great stuff, cheers. Vita with Need for Speed and a card is 199, I think that's all I need to tip me over the edge.
  • Help_me 27 Nov 2012 22:41:51 907 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice price. Good game too. You will deffo need a bigger card though.
  • Zizoo 27 Nov 2012 22:44:59 7,705 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Matooine wrote:
    I just hired PS All stars battle royale from Lovefilm put the disc in clicked on disc extras and now I have a free copy of the Vita version! Not sure if its just because I was the first person to use the game, but worth a try for anybody else.
    Dodgy, but tempting....
  • Zackv4861 27 Nov 2012 23:10:17 1,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Matooine wrote:
    Dodgy, but tempting....
    Yes it's bizarre how Sony have done it. Apparently the extras get licked to the account so should only work once but my friend bought it new downloaded the Vita version and stuck it straight on ebay. Essentially the same thing. A free game
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 23:37:03
    elstoof wrote:
    Great stuff, cheers. Vita with Need for Speed and a card is 199, I think that's all I need to tip me over the edge.
    Heh. I clicked on that page like 45 times today. I'm such a pussy now with money.

as it i just checked again and its out of sock. Sold 15 units in the last hour because it said 15 units left.

Edited by joelstinton at 23:38:09 27-11-2012
  • elstoof 27 Nov 2012 23:48:41 6,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, 7 left when I checked, 6 when I basketted it and 5 before I completed the order. 4 after I was done.
  • BeebleB 28 Nov 2012 00:26:10 778 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good that vitas are selling if nothing else..I've only had my new one for a few days and am already running out of room on the 16gb stick..
  • Deleted user 28 November 2012 01:14:08
    Can I just say? Jet Set Radio is superb on vita btw. The gfx on that screen are wonderful, but the controls are as I remember them, ie slightly clunky but workable. It's just so full of character though. I was grinning as soon as I heard that theme tune. The soundtrack is still the greatest gaming soundtrack of all time IMO.

Drawing your own graffiti with the touchscreen is cool, as is the camera feature. If JSR is your fondest memory of the Dreamcast, then get yer wallet out. 6 is nowt for a port as good as this.
  • HiddenAway 28 Nov 2012 07:04:04 14,789 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution If you use near on wifi only models, the Vita gets details about the location using the wireless points it sees (possibly public ones?) and gets the information from Skyhook. If it can upload the data, it will. If not, it saves the data and stores it until your next upload time.

That's how I understand it anyway. I've tried a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Gregolution 28 Nov 2012 10:07:03 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Gregolution If you use near on wifi only models, the Vita gets details about the location using the wireless points it sees (possibly public ones?) and gets the information from Skyhook. If it can upload the data, it will. If not, it saves the data and stores it until your next upload time.

That's how I understand it anyway. I've tried a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    AHA!

Thanks mate.
  • Zizoo 28 Nov 2012 10:21:08 7,705 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Matooine wrote:
    Dodgy, but tempting....
    Yes it's bizarre how Sony have done it. Apparently the extras get licked to the account so should only work once but my friend bought it new downloaded the Vita version and stuck it straight on ebay. Essentially the same thing. A free game
    Here in SA not many people play online so if I rent it I will most likely get there first. Will think about it.
  • electrolite 28 Nov 2012 13:39:49 448 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone with a UK Vita thinking of taking it with them to Continental Europe make sure you take the official Sony AC Adaptor. At home my Vita will charge through any USB wall plug with the Official USB Cable. Not in France or Germany though. Precious little flower got all fussy.

I can't even say for certain that the UK one works but I had to fork out 11 Euros for an Official Sony European plug. Given I'm doing 6 cities in 2 weeks on the train the Vita really needed charging
  • dsmx 28 Nov 2012 16:04:29 7,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm not sure I agree with that I went to Turkey and I took my nexus 7 plug and my vita usb cable and plugged it into that and it charged perfectly fine for me.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• johnson81 28 Nov 2012 16:49:11 368 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started getting annoyed with the Vita battery life. As I never switch it off, it always seemed when I finally sat down to play it would always come up with the low battery warning after half an hour.

Finally managed to find an alternative to Sony's official portable battery. I bought this from Amazon and it seems to be working pretty well. Also does the Galaxy S2 and Ipad as well. Well chuffed with it.
  • electrolite 28 Nov 2012 18:25:37 448 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dsmx

Wouldn't do anything for me in France, Germany or now Austria without the official one. Odd, but I'd stand by my 'to be on the safe side, take the official plug' advice. Just to be sure.
  • dsmx 28 Nov 2012 18:46:42 7,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sadly I've got no trips planned to france, germany or austria to test this out.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Rhythm 28 Nov 2012 19:03:41 2,375 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Woo! My 129 Vita's shipping and will be with me on Monday! \o/

Whereupon it will be wrapped for Christmas :-(

I've convinced the missus to let me update it so I can claim the free Plus stuff that's due to expire before Chrimbo, mind :-)
  • elstoof 28 Nov 2012 19:06:20 6,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great price, where from?
  • JayG 28 Nov 2012 19:29:32 828 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if this is going to come out here for the vita
    Doubt it will be translated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pYdi-t0Uao

Edited by JayG at 19:29:42 28-11-2012
  • Page