PlayStation Vita Page 427

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 10:13:01 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks guys. Fucking yes. Loved persona 4. Vita I'm coming for you. How much are the psp downloads?

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• dominalien 11 Nov 2012 10:25:25 6,742 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Most PSP games are very cheap, 6-7 pounds? A few are stupidly expensive, like VC2 or TitS. Anyway, you can look at all the PSP games on the store from your PS3, assuming you still have it. You can even buy them from it and then transfer to the Vita (provided it says the game is Vita compatible).

PSN: DonOsito

• OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 10:28:51 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sweet. Bargain. I'm dubious on buying anything on my ps3 as I'm gonna trade it and wipe hard drive. Will wait to sign up on vita then start buying. Very excited.

• dominalien 11 Nov 2012 11:05:27 6,742 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you buy something on the PS3 it'll forever remain on your download list, to be downloaded on any compatible Sony device when you log in with the same account.

Case in point: the first SH went up on the store a few years back and got taken down the next day for some reason. But I managed to buy it and even after they took it down, I was always able to download it to my PSP or PS3. It's back up now anyway. Another case in point: there used to be a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo on the store. It's since disappeared, or at least I could no longer find it when I went looking for it a couple of months ago, but it still appears on my download list and I could still download it.

When you download a PSP or PSV game on the PS3, you won't be able to play it, obviously. It'll show up in a "bubble" and you'll be able to transfer it to one of the handhelds and it'll then get deleted from the PS3. If you download a PS1 game, it'll show up in a bubble, from which you'll be able to install it on the PS3 to be played there, and/or transfer to a handheld.

It's actually a pretty good system, if a little convoluted. Especially the content manager on the Vita is much more complex than it should be.

PSN: DonOsito

• OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 11:07:46 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's awesome thankyou.

• Flying_Pig 11 Nov 2012 11:16:30 10,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    I am WAY out of the loop at the moment but just seen a list of psone and ps2 classics that are on psn. Can these be downloaded and played on the vita? If so that would be fucking amazing and seal the deal for me. persona 3? Hell yes.
    How does it work?
    Virtually all PSOne games (from PSN) will work on the Vita, but PS2 games do not. But then as people have already said - there are some amazing PSP games on the store :)
  • OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 11:28:12 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My vita is gonna be my own little rpg treasure chest then. FF7 FF8 persona disgea etc etc. So good.

• JayG 11 Nov 2012 12:40:04 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's what I use mine for, Also have ScummVM and Ultima 7 running on it. Picked up the Final Fantasies in a half price sale, and forgot how much there is to them. So easy to miss things. NFS is amazing on it, and while I reckon I would probably have been disappointed with the PC version, works perfectly as a hand held game. There's been some great PSP rpgs that I missed out on at the time, Trails in the Sky especially. First JRPG that I loved since FF 8, and ironically it's probably better in that random fights are avoidable. I got years worth of entertainment on my Vita, even if it's looking like won't be long for this world.
  • Help_me 11 Nov 2012 13:24:53 907 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm starting to think it isn't as doomed as once thought. Since nfs and ass creed there has been a lot more talk from peeps about getting one. Maybe Sony's marketing has finally worked.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 13:30:41 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JayG trails in the sky that good? Never heard of it and I'm a huge jrpg fan.

• JayG 11 Nov 2012 14:35:23 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's great, got a lot of humour in it, tactical combat, great personalities and like you I never heard of it until I got the Vita. I found out about it from this thread. Lots of other recomendations there too, the YS games are fun if limited.

It's also very big. The graphics look great on the Vita screen. There are 2 more games in the series, unfortunately they are still translating the 2nd slowly.

Edited by JayG at 14:35:39 11-11-2012

Edited by JayG at 14:37:08 11-11-2012
  • Zackv4861 11 Nov 2012 14:41:32 1,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Help_me wrote:
    I'm starting to think it isn't as doomed as once thought. Since nfs and ass creed there has been a lot more talk from peeps about getting one. Maybe Sony's marketing has finally worked.
    I'm seeing much more advertising for the vita and it's games than i was before. Always a good sign.
  • RyanDS 11 Nov 2012 14:46:42 8,700 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For me I have not put it down since I bought it. Just so many great games. Stuff like resistance, assassins reed and uncharted I am genuinely bemused that people complain about. Sure they may not be ps3 level but they are close enough and still awesome enough for me to love. Better than anything ever before seen on handheld anyway. And that is without getting onto the more handheld focused gems.

Give it psone support and it is by far my most used console of all time given the time I have owned it. Plus is is he most comfortable handheld I have ever used. / glares at 3ds.

Saying that, the lack of advertising etc leaves me concerned about the long term future.
  • JayG 11 Nov 2012 14:55:07 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I couldn't play the 3ds long, always hurt my hands. Shame too, has some good stuff. It's funny, anyone who has seen the Vita has been very impressed by it, and a problem I have is getting a go on it when someone else is playing it. Xen pinball is very popular.
  • Gregolution 11 Nov 2012 15:15:51 3,116 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

Saying that, the lack of advertising etc leaves me concerned about the long term future.
    Been plenty of advertising lately...
  • Help_me 11 Nov 2012 15:59:46 907 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah agree with that. Every advert for ac3 on ps3 was followed up with a vita liberation one.
  • Flying_Pig 11 Nov 2012 16:04:38 10,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    @JayG trails in the sky that good? Never heard of it and I'm a huge jrpg fan.
    Yes. One of my favourite RPGs ever. Shame we're unlikely to see the other two parts to the series :(
  • JayG 11 Nov 2012 16:11:44 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't give up so soon,

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/26/we-asked-falcom-about-an-english-version-of-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc/

I think the sales of YS on steam has helped make these games more viable too.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2012 16:21:35
    Help_me wrote:
    I cancelled my wii u pre-order last night (slightly regret it), so naturally i been looking at getting a vita for the mean time. It has a library of some great games already, which is really appealing.

However.

I just been on amazon, and just looked at the upcomming games, and theres only... 6 listed. And the last one is out by dec 6th. What is there next year coming out? I can think of killzone and tearaway but nothing else?
  • Help_me 11 Nov 2012 17:05:07 907 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well there was meant to be a bioshock but dont know what has happened to that.
    Cant think of anything else either?

Have just googled it and there are quite a few. Couple grap me.

What made you cancel the pre order?

Edited by Help_me at 17:08:45 11-11-2012

Edited by Help_me at 17:09:52 11-11-2012
  • JayG 11 Nov 2012 17:15:25 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There was supposed to be HD version of FF 10, which was one of the reasons I brought it in the first place. I reckon Bioshock won't be released though, I suppose that how it does this X-Mas will help decide a lot of that. Quite a few great looking japanese games, but they probably won't be brought over. Having said that I got so much stuff already to play that should keep me going.

It is kinda ironic, when you look at the new releases that they push on the euro blog, most I can't play as they are for Playstation Mobile, and it hasn't been released on the Irish PSN, and if it will ever be released seems to be a state secret. SOE is run by total morons, make the BBC seem competent. They treat their customers like shite, which is ironic as they trying to release a new console next year.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 17:17:08 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FF10 is still coming according to a few places. I'd rather brand new games like gravity rush anyways.

• JayG 11 Nov 2012 17:21:11 828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never played FF10, so new to me.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 17:23:17 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    I never played FF10, so new to me.
    Underrated. Really loved it. Apart from that game you have to play in it. You'll see.

• OmniaVincitAmor 11 Nov 2012 17:23:59 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's weird, I had no interest at all in a vita but now I can't fucking wait to get one. Hmmmmm.

• Deleted user 11 November 2012 17:25:16
    Also sly cooper 4 which i forgot about.

I'm glad that sony are three pronging there adverts with NFS, COD and Assassins Creed. It should ensure the machine a healthy christmas. Alot of people will be tempted by that, and there be quite a few unable to pick up a wii u but splash on the vita as a chrsitmas pressie. Its kind of odd, a lot of consumers will buy it outright without researching. I'm sure theres a few gamers who are dill dallying arouond wanting to get one but unsure of its future. It be great if they could announce some third party stuff for it.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2012 17:26:10
    FF10 is awesome. It is a great game, the last great FF game for me. Although i would like to replay 12 again and see if it clicks.
  • Zackv4861 11 Nov 2012 18:39:28 1,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    FF10 is awesome. It is a great game, the last great FF game for me. Although i would like to replay 12 again and see if it clicks.
    You read my mind exactly.
  • Ror1984 11 Nov 2012 18:58:07 2,096 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton I'd also like to give XII another go, so I hope we see an HD/Vita remaster of that too. I put fifteen hours into it when it came out and didn't really enjoy anything about it. I have a feeling I'd be much more forgiving with it on a handheld, seeing as I'd be able to pick it up and play it whenever/wherever.

I won't hold my breath though, going by how long X is taking. That game is one of the reasons I bought a Vita, even though I only replayed it late last year.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Deleted user 11 November 2012 19:20:41
    yeah, i think i put in about the same amount, and i just couldn't carry on. Incidentally, i loved the spin off and on the ds though, Revernant wings. Both the 3ds and vita need to start having games like this. Its odd the ds, and psp libraby were rather splendid. Of course we are not a year into the vita life, but we almost two into the 3ds. Its odd that the libraries are threadbare.
  • Page

of 900 First / Last