of 898 First / Last

• Zomoniac 24 Oct 2012 09:12:48 7,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's awesome. Buy it.
  • Flying_Pig 24 Oct 2012 09:31:49 10,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you don't already have 'em - I'd recommend Motorstorm RC and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

But it looks like you already have plenty to keep you amused :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Oct 2012 09:32:05 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers lads, my local Morrisons did a MAJOR fuck-up last week and put some 20 PSN vouchers up for 10 (so i bought three).

Ive already got Mutant Blobs and Motorstorm RC, so i may very well pick up Sound Shapes tonight.......

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Murbal 24 Oct 2012 09:33:10 21,539 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MUST GET BACK TO SOUNDSHAPES.

But I'm addicted to NLKS. And have barely scratched LBP. ARGH! Oh, and haven't started MGS yet. These are the reasons I must resist the lure of the monkey balls!
  • Flying_Pig 24 Oct 2012 10:02:58 10,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fortunately I wasn't that taken by the SMB demo.

Loving LBP though - currently crafting my magnum opus, with another level idea festering in the back of my head :)
  • bef 24 Oct 2012 10:07:33 1,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was hoping SF vs Tekken would be out this week.... Never played the console version... Some sketchy reviews just went live though. I guess I'll have to wait until Eurogamer tells me what it's like.
  • uiruki 24 Oct 2012 10:42:19 3,527 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not a very good fighting game.
  • Murbal 24 Oct 2012 10:45:40 21,539 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blazblue has convinced me that fighting games aren't really for me. Certainly the more technical ones.
  • bef 24 Oct 2012 11:01:36 1,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @uiruki. Really? Mmm, I recall favourable reviews, even here on EG for the console version. Ah well. Here's hoping that Guilty Gear XX AC plus HD version will be made available for Vita as well.

@ Murbal? I thought you were a button mashing maestro... Oh wait, that was ilmaestro!
  • spertiesss 24 Oct 2012 11:42:26 1 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi there,

I'm selling my vita with 2 memory cards, 16 GB and 8 GB, a game and some extras. Let me know if it's alright and if anyone's interested, I'll post the link to ebay.

Loved it but had little time to play as I now have to drive to work. :(
  • Darren 25 Oct 2012 12:26:56 8,312 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone got Street Fighter X Tekken yet for the PSV? I got mine yesterday and it is every bit as good as I'd hoped it would be (I also have the PC version). If you've played the excellent conversion of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the PSV then you'll know what to expect, i.e. all the game modes and features and slick albeit slightly cutdown graphics. It looks gorgeous and plays great on the PSV, particularly with the touchscreen controls, including both front and back. The game comes with a code which you need to enter to get 12 extra characters and (I think because I didn't quite catch it) 38 costumes, though they appear to already be on the card as the download was very quick. The game also has a small 37 MB patch to download. Very impressed with it to be honest.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 25 Oct 2012 14:08:33 8,312 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been playing this for an hour across my lunchbreak (arcade mode) and it is really good. It plays well and I believe it is running at 60 fps. Loading times are 10-15 seconds between bouts and the only really obvious sacrifice to the visuals is a lack of shadowing. Unlike MvC3, this game seems to be using anti-aliasing so the visuals look really sharp and crisp but personally I'd have rather had shadows as the characters look oddly disconnected from the otherwise superb backgrounds IMO. There's a lot of modes and characters to choose from and as far as I can tell everything from the console/PC versions is included.

Minor gripes I have are the insistence on touchscreen controls for the editing and certain menus, not helped by the fact that buttons and hotspots are so tiny on the screen. Considering you can navigate the menu using the D-pad elsewhere, it seems bizarre to force touchscreen controls for specific menus. Also, I might be imagining it but the colours look most more vibrant than on the PC version I have to the extent that some obviously human characters look bright orange! There's no colour option in the menus either so there's no way to change them unfortunately.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• santashi 25 Oct 2012 16:53:28 4,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So many nuggets of Japanese Vita news came up while I was away for a few days picking up my bits and pieces.

My favourites are that Tales of Hearts is getting a Vita release, and that the screenshots of Demon Gaze (that dungeon crawler one) look rather nice.

Edit: Er, just noticed the NSFW screens for Demon Gaze. They weren't what I was talking about. Arg.

Edited by santashi at 16:55:21 25-10-2012

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 26 Oct 2012 07:03:58 14,789 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi The tag really goes to Monster Monpiece. Definitely don't search for that one at work...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 26 Oct 2012 07:39:21 25,248 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Darren what's the single player content like?

FCUTA!

• bef 26 Oct 2012 08:13:25 1,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Darren Almost sold! Two things: 50 euros is absurd. Two: is it true that the pace is slower than MvC3? Especially on a handheld, my reaction isn't too quick. The speed is what kept me from really delving into MvC3.

Also, this whole tag teaming, is this considerably more difficult strategically speaking? For one who has his hands full getting to grips with one character at a time, switching them at the right moments etc. looks pretty complicated to me... The same can be said about MvC of course.
  • GitSomE_UK 26 Oct 2012 14:12:19 1,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just bought myself a Vita for Xmas... Saw this deal at Game for PS Vita (wifi) + LBP + Fifa13 + Uncharted all for 230GBP... I just had to go for it as I thought that looked a pretty good deal! I also got hold of Wipeout for 20 quid. Cannot wait for Xmas day now!!!
  • Murbal 26 Oct 2012 14:23:36 21,539 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ShopTo are selling 8gb cards for about 16. I'm going to pick one up for my PSP games.

Q. are my game icons on the Vita tied to the system *or* the memory stick? i.e. if I were to change the stick over would I have icons purely for the games on that specific stick?
  • Kangoo 26 Oct 2012 14:35:41 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interview up on the Blog regarding the Vita version of NFS:MW.
    Hopefully the Vita version will shift some copies to make EA realise they need to up their game with the likes of Fifa and Madden.

PSN: Adwab2

• JayG 26 Oct 2012 15:34:02 828 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had the Vita version on order for ages, loved the Burnouts, even the PSP versions, so reckon this could be one of the Vita's hidden gems.
  • Edtuckerartist 26 Oct 2012 18:19:33 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    ShopTo are selling 8gb cards for about 16. I'm going to pick one up for my PSP games.

Q. are my game icons on the Vita tied to the system *or* the memory stick? i.e. if I were to change the stick over would I have icons purely for the games on that specific stick?
    Id like to know more about what changing memory cards is about also as my 16GB card is over filled (by over I mean I had to delete Resistance to fit LBP on there)
  • dsmx 26 Oct 2012 20:04:50 7,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When I was switching memory sticks for a while unfortunately icon positions are tied to the system and when you switch cards it forgets the previous positions of the games on the stick.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• TheMightyRose 26 Oct 2012 20:58:38 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Mighty Rose has Uncharted Golden Abyss on his 4gb memory stick, Dynasty Warriors Next and Unit 13 on his 8gb memory stick and Gravity Rush, MGS HD and Lbp vita on his 32gb memory stick.

Now with all that in mind how big is the shopkeepers nose?

My problem, well let's be honest I have a lot of problems, is that I have no internet connected PC or ps3 which means I cannot back anything up or transfer it. I have found rather worryingly that when I have fully powered off my vita and switched memory sticks that my vita will freeze around about the 38-41 percent mark when it is updating my information on starting it up again. Now the only way to rectify this is to do what it tells you not to: power off the vita. This corrupts my profile and rebuilds it again, however, this only takes a few minutes and there does not seem to be any lasting damage as all pics, vids and music etc are all still there and work fine and all my game saves for the games on that particular stick seem to be ok as well.

I really wish the system was like the psp in terms of being able to do things offline as it made things a lot easier in terms of moving videos and music etc.
  • jonsaan 26 Oct 2012 21:10:15 25,248 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had my psp games on a 4gb stick for a while but all in all I don't really think that the Vita really enjoys having memory cards swapped and I would not build a Gaming strategy around it myself. I now tend to play my psp games on my psp.

FCUTA!

• Murbal 27 Oct 2012 13:07:59 21,539 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might buy another go then.
  • HiddenAway 27 Oct 2012 15:35:51 14,789 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    When I was switching memory sticks for a while unfortunately icon positions are tied to the system and when you switch cards it forgets the previous positions of the games on the stick.
    Same experience here. I'd advise that if you want to keep some resemblance of structure, you at least take a screenshot of your bubble arrangements before you switch.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 27 Oct 2012 16:56:27 4,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apparently Zavvi have now shipped AC. Hopefully it will break my addiction to Project Diva. :D

• Gregolution 28 Oct 2012 11:29:17 3,116 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was looking up a game review on metacritic and noticed the top of the vita charts is a game i've not heard of, can't find it on shopto and don't see it on psn. Also don't see a thread about it.

WTF is Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward??
  • santashi 28 Oct 2012 12:17:39 4,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't link as on iPod and heading out but there is a thread for it. Under general gaming as is multiplatform.

• santashi 28 Oct 2012 14:13:57 4,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Gregolution Okay, on a computer now so here is the link to the thread: Virtue's Last Reward thread.

Some kind person cough on there also posted places where you can preorder the game. ;)

• Page

of 898 First / Last