PlayStation Vita Page 414

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• shuffles 25 Sep 2012 15:32:48 106 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was in the middle of playing MGS when I went to save my game and noticed it wanted to create a new save instead of giving me the option to overwrite the existing one. I thought this was strange so I quit the game and relaunched it only to be told that my memory card was corrupted and I had to delete my game. I've just lost 3 hours of gameplay!!! Is my card screwed?? Since this happened I've found that if you power off the Vita and then press and hold the power button, PS button and R button, the Vita will boot into a recovery mode which will allow you to restore your corrupt save without deleting it. However, I stumbled upon this fact AFTER I had wiped my card as im currently travelling and dont have access to wifi most of the time and so have nothing!! The Vita wouldnt let me perform sny other action apart from wiping so i had no alternative. Seriously pissed right now. Is this common and should I get a new card? This has only started happening since I bought MGS. It wouldn't have anything to do with it being a US game would it? I know it's region free but would saving and trophies syncing to my Irish PSN account cause this to happen? The only other thing I can think of that maybe might have triggered this was when I paused the game, returned to the home screen and then put the Vita in sleep mode whilst I got the lift to my room to continue playing. I've no idea though.
  • Help_me 25 Sep 2012 16:42:20 907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had a couple of issues since updating to 1.81. I power off into sleep mode and it turns the screen off buts keeps the blue ps light on. Then won't boot so I have to press and hold power button and reboot.
  • Kangoo 25 Sep 2012 16:55:59 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine chose to delete my Uncharted save after the 1.81 firmware, luckily I had finished it the night before. Hoping this sort of thing will be fixed when PS Plus comes to Vita with cloud saving but it really sucks for those who don't have it, or if you are away from home with no wi-fi.
    Hopefully this sort of stuff will be fixed with a future update, at least the Vita does feel more stable now then it did at launch when mine needed a hard reset every couple of days.

PSN: Adwab2

• Help_me 25 Sep 2012 17:15:55 907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @shuffles Presuming you've had to wipe everything and are download only, you should utilise the wonder that is Starbucks free wifi - assuming you are in a Starbucks country.
  • greenmekon 25 Sep 2012 17:27:09 150 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Near has stopped working for me since 1.81. Just says an error has occurred. Anyone else have the same issue?
  • shuffles 25 Sep 2012 18:55:33 106 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Help_me wrote:
    @shuffles Presuming you've had to wipe everything and are download only, you should utilise the wonder that is Starbucks free wifi - assuming you are in a Starbucks country.
    I had to wipe the MGS game data but I didn't touch my Uncharted game data when I restored the Vita. The icon for Uncharted is still on the main screen without the game card inserted so I'm assuming the save data for that is still there. I only realised about the restore function after I had followed the onscreen prompt to wipe MGS from the Vita. Games aren't downloaded, I bought physical copies.

What's the reason for the memory card corruptness?
  • HiddenAway 26 Sep 2012 06:46:06 14,789 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    greenmekon wrote:
    Near has stopped working for me since 1.81. Just says an error has occurred. Anyone else have the same issue?
    Nope, it's working fine here I'm afraid...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• dominalien 26 Sep 2012 07:47:00 6,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    shuffles wrote:
    What's the reason for the memory card corruptness?
    Bugs in software and/or hardware failure.

PSN: DonOsito

• greenmekon 26 Sep 2012 08:03:34 150 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn, i did connect to wifi when on holiday in france, maybe that messed it up.
  • dominalien 26 Sep 2012 08:14:53 6,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    French wifi is dangerous! Similar enough to ours to lure you in, it then rears its ugly head. You're lucky it's only your near that's stopped working.

Never connect to French wifi. Actually, don't let France anywhere near your electronics ever again.

• THFourteen 26 Sep 2012 08:21:19 31,792 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sacre Bleu!
  • greenmekon 26 Sep 2012 09:16:11 150 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks. I have learnt my lesson - never going to france again. Also my wipeout 2048 is now showing an error after updating to firmware 1.81.
  • RyanDS 26 Sep 2012 11:02:18 8,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oooh. I like the look of that new game on the front page.
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Sep 2012 11:16:24 7,247 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some of my games refused to load after the update. All that was required to fix this was to synch the trophies.
  • SlackMaster 26 Sep 2012 11:51:30 3,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is 1.81, the firmware with the PSOne compatability or is this a new update I should be avoiding?

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• dominalien 26 Sep 2012 11:55:30 6,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fairly new. PSOne compat was in 1.80.

• Rufus 26 Sep 2012 12:00:16 1,747 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    Is 1.81, the firmware with the PSOne compatability or is this a new update I should be avoiding?
    1.81 fixes an exploit (though there are still others) that allowed people to run VHBL via Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

It's still mandatory if you want to play online though.
  • santashi 26 Sep 2012 13:36:55 4,928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There will be a Silent Hill: Book of Memories demo on the store today. I'd completely forgotten about that game. Hmm.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Kangoo 26 Sep 2012 13:58:09 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi

If it does turn out to be good, it is up for 22.95 at The Hut/Zavvi.

You probably won't receive it until it is cheaper everywhere else/PSV2 has been released

PSN: Adwab2

• el_pollo_diablo 26 Sep 2012 20:15:40 2,028 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I just had this scary error appear as I was booting Pinball Arcade:

"GPU driver detects GPU crash
    Generating Dump"

And then it switched itself off.

o__O

Anyone else seen it?
  • H1ggyLTD 26 Sep 2012 20:22:10 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got an error first time.

Worked ok second.
  • el_pollo_diablo 26 Sep 2012 20:48:11 2,028 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD

The same one as I did?

Bit odd.
  • H1ggyLTD 26 Sep 2012 20:58:53 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Don't think it said that. It just said there was an error, and did i want to report it.
  • santashi 26 Sep 2012 21:31:59 4,928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kangoo Thanks! Seems a curious game so far. Bit Dungeon Hunter-y but with more plot (or at least it's hinting at it). The event rooms seem like they have potential.

• Ror1984 27 Sep 2012 03:07:37 2,071 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished the Silent Hill: Book of Memories demo. I played it out of morbid curiosity more than anything else, so I'm genuinely surprised that I quite enjoyed it. It's basically a top-down dungeon crawler set in the SH universe, and though it probably needn't have the Silent Hill name on it, it seems to actually work quite well.

The basic premise is that there are a number of 'challenge rooms' on each floor, and completing the challenge grants you a puzzle piece. Collecting all puzzle pieces on each floor allows you to solve the puzzle and complete the floor. The demo is fairly generous, giving you two floors and a boss battle. It took me an hour, but I tend to be pretty meticulous.

The graphics are decent enough - it looks better than screenshots make it look, anyway - and the music is fairly decent. It has a teeny bit of the lonely SH atmosphere (though this obviously won't be true in multiplayer), and Valtiel is also in there. The Order has been mentioned, too. Also: "They look like monsters to you?" :D
    That said, it's certainly not what you'd expect from a Silent Hill game.

I wasn't going to buy it before, but now I just might. Time will tell whether it gets overly repetitive (all the challenge rooms were basically 'kill all enemies', and the puzzles were very straightforward in this demo), but I might just take a punt on it. I'd quite like to see where the story goes, and the game structure seemed to work very well on a handheld, to me.

Also, I'm pretty sure the female protagonist is voiced by Ali Hillis.

/walloftext

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• uiruki 27 Sep 2012 06:02:40 3,529 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Big week for games this week in Japan.

Just tried EDF3 - it's EDF alright! Controls translate well to the Vita, though the aiming is still a bit twitchy - a problem on the 360 version, too. The graphics are noticeably lower quality (especially on things like the trees and the Foreigners themselves, the ants look like they've lost a lot of weight suddenly or something!) but the framerate is much higher and it runs at native res, albeit without AA. In the first mission it didn't even start dropping frames until the final encounter, and to be honest I breathed a sigh of relief when it did! Rigid body physics are still in effect and still as stupidly satisfying as ever. After the otherwise competent Insect Armageddon had enemies vanishing 0.00001 seconds after death, this is much better.

Loading is much better than 360, but it is still enough to be annoying after cutscenes and the like. There's no way to select the Pale Wing immediately, but the manual says she unlocks "as you go through the game" so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain.
  • uiruki 27 Sep 2012 07:06:14 3,529 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played a few songs in DJ Max Technika Tune. On the smaller screen it seems a lot easier to swap between halves of the screen on each timeline sweep, which is something I remember having bother with in the arcade version. It's certainly satisfying to play so far - not sure I think much of this "Kara" lot but this is one of those music games where each input makes a sound, rather than allowing the music to keep playing, which helps a lot with some of the more unusual timing. Even the easiest songs aren't completely insulting, which is a pleasant change.

They added back touch notes which seem completely superfluous as the notation seems to make it impossible to denote touching both panels at the same time, while making it much more difficult to hold the Vita - you can switch them off though.
  • steve1979 27 Sep 2012 07:23:31 1,971 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played the Silent Hill: Book of Memories Demo and I really enjoyed it. My only problems were that the game never explains what the stats and starting character you pick, actually do. It's also quite easy, but it's only the early game, so it'll probably pick up.

There are a few, what the fuck, moments too, although nothing I'd call scary has happened yet.

It's probably the most surprised I've been about a game in a while. I don't think I'll buy it at full price (I have far too much to play), but once it hits 20, I'll pick it up.
  • jonsaan 27 Sep 2012 07:28:58 25,248 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Big week for games this week in Japan.

Just tried EDF3 - it's EDF alright! Controls translate well to the Vita, though the aiming is still a bit twitchy - a problem on the 360 version, too. The graphics are noticeably lower quality (especially on things like the trees and the Foreigners themselves, the ants look like they've lost a lot of weight suddenly or something!) but the framerate is much higher and it runs at native res, albeit without AA. In the first mission it didn't even start dropping frames until the final encounter, and to be honest I breathed a sigh of relief when it did! Rigid body physics are still in effect and still as stupidly satisfying as ever. After the otherwise competent Insect Armageddon had enemies vanishing 0.00001 seconds after death, this is much better.

Loading is much better than 360, but it is still enough to be annoying after cutscenes and the like. There's no way to select the Pale Wing immediately, but the manual says she unlocks "as you go through the game" so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain.
    Foreigners? What kind? Is it the French?!

FCUTA!

• santashi 27 Sep 2012 08:05:47 4,928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I actually got killed by that butcher guy in the Silent Hill demo. :D

Did find the lady's voice really annoying, actually.

• Page

of 898 First / Last