Put a Donk on it!

  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
  • richardiox 27 Feb 2009 17:45:23 5,535 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After pioneering new groundbreaking musical genres such as Punk, Jungle, Grime and Dubstep - the UK now has another cultural feather to it's bow, Donk!

    Unique to Wigan, Blackpool and Burnley (!) it's a new form of dance music whereby the DJs "donkify" existing tracks and seems to be the biggest youth culture going (In those 3 towns). Blackout Crew, local MCs are hugely known and basically "bigger than the beatles"

    Took me ages to realise it's not a spoof and definately worth watching all five parts. I like it how the reporter, despite obviosuly taking the piss a little, ultimately acknowledges that this scene gives people who have very little culturally where they live something to get involved with.

    Donk Donk Donk Donk

    Like I say, there are five parts to the docu. Funny / depressing / uplifting.
  • Razer 27 Feb 2009 18:32:30 1,029 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just sounds like more shitty happy hardcore to me :/
  • richardiox 27 Feb 2009 18:34:57 5,535 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah the music is beyond awful, one guy sums it up when explaining why the "donk" isnt big down south "peoples tastes down south are just too sophisticated"

    The documentary is pretty funny viewing though.
  • Razer 27 Feb 2009 18:38:31 1,029 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is pretty funny.

    The 3rd one has just had me in stitches where a fight almost breaks out during an interview with one idiot, then a mad bouncer is going on about popping eyes out just as some strange old guy appears with a guitar :D

    edit : I also like how they put subtitles in for one of the guys from Bolton :)

    /is from Bolton
  • belta 27 Feb 2009 19:27:25 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    you think thats bad. check this out. this is what all the fucking little scum charvas listen to up here in the north east. skip to about 3mins onwards for the photos of real geordie and macam scum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZL42AOGIM&feature=related
  • uiruki 27 Feb 2009 19:28:14 3,658 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's better than New Monkey at least.

    edit: checks link :p
  • silentbob 27 Feb 2009 19:33:57 28,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    belta wrote:
    you think thats bad. check this out. this is what all the fucking little scum charvas listen to up here in the north east. skip to about 3mins onwards for the photos of real geordie and macam scum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZL42AOGIM&feature=related
    Comments are priceless .:)

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • belta 27 Feb 2009 19:34:19 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    It's better than New Monkey at least.

    edit: checks link :p
    aye right there and all that fucking chipmunk stuff too
  • uiruki 27 Feb 2009 19:36:25 3,658 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    belta wrote:
    uiruki wrote:
    It's better than New Monkey at least.

    edit: checks link :p
    aye right there and all that fucking chipmunk stuff too

    I worked in a training centre for unemployed people. Bunch of kids who came in were really into it. I mean, I'm all for them having something they can enjoy, but jesus christ - not on their surprisingly expensive phone, and not within 100 yards of me!
  • belta 27 Feb 2009 19:41:15 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    belta wrote:
    uiruki wrote:
    It's better than New Monkey at least.

    edit: checks link :p
    aye right there and all that fucking chipmunk stuff too

    I worked in a training centre for unemployed people. Bunch of kids who came in were really into it. I mean, I'm all for them having something they can enjoy, but jesus christ - not on their surprisingly expensive phone, and not within 100 yards of me!
    one day a natural born charva will be born and will pump this music from glands behind their ears. rockport/burglahouse coat wearing scum.
    buzzcock has it down to a t!
  • belta 27 Feb 2009 19:44:54 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    this comment from the vid is pure fucking sliced gold(i'm a proud geordie, but this just makes me whince)

    'thu shud reopen thu monkey in newcastle or sumik coz sunderland would neva hav it bak '
  • uiruki 27 Feb 2009 19:50:47 3,658 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would Newcastle want a place like that? There are enough unemployed criminals flooding into the city centre of a Saturday night anyway.
  • WoodenSpoon 27 Feb 2009 19:54:09 12,275 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    omg!

    Pitched Scouse is SWEET. Not as good as the tunes that got played at the monkey though lulz
  • belta 27 Feb 2009 20:01:58 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    it's a sad state of affairs that we even know what the blue monkey is :(
  • Wayne 27 Feb 2009 20:06:22 2,143 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's a raver's favourite video game?
    DONKey Kong
  • belta 27 Feb 2009 20:09:01 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    What's a raver's favourite video game?
    DONKey Kong
    /gestures..O __ ...............exit
    ............. / l
    .............. / \
  • coojam 27 Feb 2009 20:51:35 625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's with the subtitles on one bloke and not on the other? Are they actually trying to suggest Londoners can't understand what the lad is saying?
  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
Log in or register to reply