Awesome.
  • Hunam 26 Feb 2009 21:14:21 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hate lesbians too.
  • Lexx87 26 Feb 2009 21:15:34 20,869 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ the world is full of totally useless cunts isn't it. Complaining about that? Honestly.

Speak the truth hussy!

• otto Moderator 26 Feb 2009 21:16:54 49,290 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ?

Damn right she complained, who the fuck do MS think they are calling that 'offensive'?? Next they'll call it offensive if you call yourself black or something.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Lexx87 26 Feb 2009 21:19:14 20,869 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I meant the people complaining about her :)

Edited for grumpyness.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 26 February 2009 21:20:46
    KEEP GAMES OUT OF SEX!

Hang on, that's not right....
  • otto Moderator 26 Feb 2009 21:20:49 49,290 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, right, guess we're in agreement then. :D

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Hunam 26 Feb 2009 21:21:18 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not convinced. Shirly the whole gay/straight thing she be part of 'the talk'. I mean, it's still a sexual preference at the end of the day, and MS said no talking about sex.

Being hounded for it is out of order though, microsoft should have done something about that too.
  • morriss 26 Feb 2009 21:23:31 70,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yesterday's news...TODAY!
  • GreyScale 26 Feb 2009 21:24:18 392 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Today I received a message from another gamer calling me a fag. I am a lesbian, so they aren't too smart if they cant get their anti-gay slurs right.

probably wouldn't take that personally. I don't think there is a single person who has played an online game who HASN'T been called a fag at some point by an obnoxious American scrote.

Anyway, surely MS has to do something about this? How can a multi-billion dollar global megacorporation think being a lesbian is offensive in this day and age? Idiotic.
  • Lexx87 26 Feb 2009 21:24:23 20,869 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Yesterday's news...TODAY!

Well it is Eurogamer.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Hunam 26 Feb 2009 21:24:28 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    VG247 comments section on this was way too righteous to discuss this properly.
  • Articulate-Troll 26 Feb 2009 21:24:49 3,101 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The real question though, is why anyone would want to share their sexual preference on XBox live, (which is mostly populated by brain-damaged ADD suffering 14 year olds)?
  • Hunam 26 Feb 2009 21:27:05 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iunno, aren't the gayers all proud of it and everything? Most of the time they make a bigger issue of it that anyone else. You can't be mean to them without them accusing you of being homophobic when really it's just because I don't like the person for who they are, I don't care who they fuck.
  • WrongShui 26 Feb 2009 21:27:18 6,609 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Because they can and Xbox live is a great place to make a statement.
  • GreyScale 26 Feb 2009 21:28:57 392 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    Iunno, aren't the gayers all proud of it and everything? Most of the time they make a bigger issue of it that anyone else. You can't be mean to them without them accusing you of being homophobic when really it's just because I don't like the person for who they are, I don't care who they fuck.

You don't actually know any gay people do you?
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 21:33:27
    I hate lesbians too. Oooh, when I see them I shake my fist so hard
  • Lexx87 26 Feb 2009 21:37:29 20,869 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    I hate lesbians too. Oooh, when I see them I shake my fist so hard

That actually made me spit my tea, it's not even funny!

/giggles

Speak the truth hussy!

• Hunam 26 Feb 2009 21:50:24 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GreyScale wrote:
    Hunam wrote:

You don't actually know any gay people do you?

I knew an in-closet (to her family anyway) lesbian so I feel I'm an authority on the subject. As far as gay men go, the only one's ive known we're cunts before they were gay.

Not many gays around 'ere though so no, I don't know many.
  • s33r 26 Feb 2009 21:52:59 87 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh good-o, the complaints of the few narrow minded idiots win over sensibility.
  • Retroid Moderator 26 Feb 2009 22:00:40 44,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    ...apparently

Awesome.
    That's incredibly fuckwitted.
  • JinTypeNoir 26 Feb 2009 22:01:18 4,369 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've always heard that a lot of gays and lesbians feel that when appropriate (as in, not standing in the checkout line at Toys 'R Us randomly handing out business cards to strangers with "I'M GAY!" stamped on them) that letting people know about their identity is a way to make it increasingly normal. If you know there are gays and lesbians all around you and the great majority aren't doing anything bad to you, then it will help make it more normal and accepted. So goes the argument I've heard before.

Either way.

What I've always gotten from Microsoft's PR about Xbox Live is that it's a community of gamers where everyone can get together and be all social with all these great features and yadda yadda express your individuality. After all, they're famous for repeating, "Ya know, it's all about choice" in all those interviews.

Given that, I know they have a hard time policing bad behavior on a service, but a blanket policy about no statements either way of sexual identity is a bad idea. As others have pointed out, a married group most likely wouldn't get any heat and if gays and lesbians want to be known as in that community, let them do that. I'm sure they can take whatever they get, considering the abuse they know they will get in a lot of today's societies.

On a totally different subject, I wonder if there's anything that can be done about the whole "LOL you're a jew faggot" retards on these services. Sounds too hard to manage (which is why I prefer the more anonymous, less community-based, less-featured online services). But surely there's a solution somewhere out there.
  • Red-Moose 26 Feb 2009 22:02:01 5,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is no need to put that in, anymore than a straight person putting in their sexual orientation.
  • Hunam 26 Feb 2009 22:02:26 20,674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually, what is the main issue here? The fact that Microsoft banned her (which they had cause to as she had violated their draconian but legal EULA), or that they didn't do anything about the cunts being well... cunts?
  • OnionRings 26 Feb 2009 22:02:44 296 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like lesbians. /licks lips
  • RedSparrows 26 Feb 2009 22:05:46 22,241 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Except straightness is naturalised, whereas homosexuality is still viewed as an 'error' of function by millions, and so a culture of pride and resistance to such views exists.

In an ideal world, of course there is no need - and certainly, people can make a personal choice not to - according to Live, most don't, going by ratios and shit. But some people, accordingly, will do so, because of cultural context. Whether it makes a difference is hard to quantify, given the relationship between a milieu and individual psychology.

Shame lots of Americans seem to think it's fine to call people 'Jew fags' and then 'we saved your ass in WW2, you fucking speech impediment fuckjew'.
  • spindizzy 26 Feb 2009 22:06:12 6,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I sort of agree that I don't see the need to put sexual orientation in your profile, whilst not even slightly condoning the way MS handled it.

But didn't they ban someone who was called Gaysomething? He'd just used his name, but that was enough to incur the Banhammer of Pettymindedness and Regionalised Ignorance!
    Or something

/too lazy to google.
  • Retroid Moderator 26 Feb 2009 22:06:45 44,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    On a totally different subject, I wonder if there's anything that can be done about the whole "LOL you're a jew faggot" retards on these services. Sounds too hard to manage (which is why I prefer the more anonymous, less community-based, less-featured online services). But surely there's a solution somewhere out there.
    You can block or mute anyone, "Review" people you meet online so it never pairs you with them again and their ratings get reduced, or set Live to only allow voicechat with your friends.
  • morriss 26 Feb 2009 22:09:25 70,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    You can block or mute anyone, "Review" people you meet online so it never pairs you with them again and their ratings get reduced, or set Live to only allow voicechat with your friends.
    Or just don't play against randoms full stop. Or just call them a bunch of cunts who fuck their mothers, sit back, and listen to the carnage that ensues.
  • doomster71 26 Feb 2009 22:09:54 44 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I agree with why Microsoft did this. Why does anyone need to announce their sexuality with their gamer tag. http://www.rpgsite.net/news/305.html

It seems to me it's just to get attention. By the way why do people use the word gay to describe their sexuality? It wasn't long ago that the word gay meant happy (still does if you look in the dictionary). I've said this to quite a few of my homosexual friends and they feel that homosexuals adopted it to make what they are sound more acceptable.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous