OMG! Total Recall Remake!!!! Page 5

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 26 Feb 2009 13:15:00 16,859 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hiphopapotamus wrote:
    Melina

Now that you say that I can't believe I forgot it, I just have to picture arnie bellowing "MELINA!" in his inimitable style.

You are a factory of sadness.

• mingster 26 Feb 2009 13:18:43 3,270 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The original book..
    We can remember it for you wholesale
    was much better than the film.

So if they make it more like the book then great.
  • malteaserhead 26 Feb 2009 13:33:57 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    Whenever somebody asks me a question, to which the answer is "two weeks", I need to say:
    TWWWWWOOOO WEEEEKS
    It's gotten me a few weird looks.

Oh god.
    *Recall time!*

I was at a wedding in the summer and was already a bit tipsy at the meal stage - I blame the early service but late meal.

The mother of the groom got up to do a speech and looked exactly like the mask that Arnie wore when saying that.

I turned to my sister and wiggled my head around whispering 'twoooo weeksss' thinking she probably wouldn't get it. She shot pieces of pretend apple (which was a cake - wtf) out her nose and started guffawing really bloody loudly, the frigging infectious type of crylaugh. Cue the attention of all, for once unwanted ;)
  • bad09 26 Feb 2009 13:47:05 5,664 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seems opinion is divided whether this is a good thing or a bad. I might have to read the book.

Oh and...

"Still bulging I see, what have you been feeding this thing?"

"Blondes...."
  • Venkman90 26 Feb 2009 13:49:03 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Yeah it is, she flashes up on the screen. The whole scenario that he buys is exactly what happens from that point on.

Aye, thats the main reason I think they wanted to say "this is all a dream" which is far more sci fi, but arnies fans didn't like the idea so they play it down, but if you watch you can see it's pretty clear

"Blue sky on mars"

• Genji 26 Feb 2009 13:49:14 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    malteaserhead wrote:
    Genji wrote:
    Whenever somebody asks me a question, to which the answer is "two weeks", I need to say:
    TWWWWWOOOO WEEEEKS
    It's gotten me a few weird looks.

Oh god.
    *Recall time!*

I was at a wedding in the summer and was already a bit tipsy at the meal stage - I blame the early service but late meal.

The mother of the groom got up to do a speech and looked exactly like the mask that Arnie wore when saying that.

I turned to my sister and wiggled my head around whispering 'twoooo weeksss' thinking she probably wouldn't get it. She shot pieces of pretend apple (which was a cake - wtf) out her nose and started guffawing really bloody loudly, the frigging infectious type of crylaugh. Cue the attention of all, for once unwanted ;)
    I had a kid ask me once, "hey, how long is a fortnight?"

And I said "TWWWWWOOOOOOO WEEEEEEKS"

He didn't get it. :-/
  • malteaserhead 26 Feb 2009 14:00:38 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shame
    When you tell a joke and no-one gets it, did you tell a joke at all? :)
  • Genji 26 Feb 2009 14:05:13 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I think I've just been exposed to so much film, TV and other media, that I can't make any sort of statement without relating it to something I've seen.

TWWWWWWOOOO WEEEEKS
  • Whizzo 26 Feb 2009 14:07:58 43,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Genji wrote:I had a kid ask me once, "hey, how long is a fortnight?"

And I said "TWWWWWOOOOOOO WEEEEEEKS"

He didn't get it. :-/
    You should have followed it up with "get ready for a big surprise!" and then have your head explode.

That'll learn 'em.

This space left intentionally blank.

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2009 14:08:25 58,948 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    The original book..

The story is about 20 pages long and would be terrible if they made it into a film.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• rudedudejude 26 Feb 2009 14:09:08 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Someone needs to turn that Two Weeks dialog into a wav file we can all use as a text message alert tone, kind of like an EG mating call...or something...
  • marilena 26 Feb 2009 14:13:16 8,198 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kate_Adie wrote:
    Hiphopapotamus wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Remind me, when he's in Recall before having the possible schizoid thing, is the athletic brunette actually a picture of who he ends up with (her name escapes me)? For some reason that sticks out as a possiblity.

Melina

Interestingly, 'melaena' (which is pronounced exactly the same as 'Melina') is black tarry faeces caused by gastrointestinal bleeding.

Unusual use of the word "interestingly", there.
  • mingster 26 Feb 2009 14:19:13 3,270 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did anyone ever see the Total Recall 2070 TV Series?
  • polar 26 Feb 2009 14:24:40 1,098 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I think it is her, yeah.

"... sleazy... demure..."

It absolutely is a picture of her and it's also referred to later in the film, Athlethic, sleazy and demure. For me, the tech guy referring to the blue sky on Mars is the biggest givaway. Basically, after Arnie goes to Recall the rest of the film plays out exactly as they pitched it to him.
  • Hiphopapotamus 26 Feb 2009 14:33:58 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kate_Adie wrote:
    Hiphopapotamus wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Remind me, when he's in Recall before having the possible schizoid thing, is the athletic brunette actually a picture of who he ends up with (her name escapes me)? For some reason that sticks out as a possiblity.

Melina

Interestingly, 'melaena' (which is pronounced exactly the same as 'Melina') is black tarry faeces caused by gastrointestinal bleeding.

Aboslutely disgusting.
  • polar 26 Feb 2009 14:38:33 1,098 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    The original book..

I disagree. I think the film is a great use of the central premise from the original story. It's a short story, not a book. A paperback was realease called We can remember it for you wholesale and it was a collection of short stories. It's been years since I read it, but I was disappointed when I did given that I am a big Phil K and Total Recall fan. I must read it again, perhaps I was mistaken.
  • paul_haine 26 Feb 2009 16:43:19 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Adam_T wrote:
    So the guy with the red pill is actually a guy stood next to him at recall?

What's the bead of sweat all about then?! eh? EH?!

That's what I thought! The fact that Arnie clocks the bead of sweat was a give away that the guy was a bit warm, wasn't it? Hence him shooting him dead.

Fixed.
  • pjmaybe 26 Feb 2009 16:51:22 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bah someone already did the TWOOOO WEEEKS joke. That's about how long this will take before it goes straight to DVD.
  • otto Moderator 26 Feb 2009 18:10:45 49,298 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    While they're at it, when are they going to remake Slumdog Millionaire? It's at least a month old already, RIPE for a remake.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• coastal 26 Feb 2009 18:19:01 5,377 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No mention of three breasted women and 5 pages in - shame on EG.

A quick scoot over on wikipedia revealed that minority report was the sequel to total recall. i didn't know that.

"Due to the success of the movie, a sequel was written with the script title Total Recall 2, and with Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character still Douglas Quaid, now working as a reformed law enforcer. The sequel was based on another Philip K. Dick short story, “The Minority Report” which postulates about a future where a crime can be solved before it’s committed—in the movie, the clairvoyants would be Martian mutants.[22] The sequel was not filmed, but the script survived and it was changed drastically and contained greater elements from the original short story. The film was eventually directed as a sci-fi thriller as Minority Report by Steven Spielberg and opened in 2002 to box-office success and critical acclaim."

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Scimarad 26 Feb 2009 18:30:25 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apart from the mentions in the very first page, you mean? :)
  • coastal 26 Feb 2009 18:45:51 5,377 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

• coastal 26 Feb 2009 18:48:01 5,377 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sorry - missed that. it's good that we have these checks though.

• paul_haine 26 Feb 2009 19:09:13 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    otto wrote:
    While they're at it, when are they going to remake Slumdog Millionaire? It's at least a month old already, RIPE for a remake.

They'll have to, won't they? They'll need to remake it with US actors, and set it within the US.
  • bad09 26 Feb 2009 19:09:35 5,664 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    coastal wrote:
    No mention of three breasted women and 5 pages in - shame on EG.

A quick scoot over on wikipedia revealed that minority report was the sequel to total recall. i didn't know that.

"Due to the success of the movie, a sequel was written with the script title Total Recall 2, and with Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character still Douglas Quaid, now working as a reformed law enforcer. The sequel was based on another Philip K. Dick short story, “The Minority Report” which postulates about a future where a crime can be solved before it’s committed—in the movie, the clairvoyants would be Martian mutants.[22] The sequel was not filmed, but the script survived and it was changed drastically and contained greater elements from the original short story. The film was eventually directed as a sci-fi thriller as Minority Report by Steven Spielberg and opened in 2002 to box-office success and critical acclaim."

Wow I didn't know that, that's some good knowledge!

...and three breasted women FTW! I know it's been said already but "man that makes me wish I had three hands!"

Forgive me, I have four kids to feed.
  • Kami 26 Feb 2009 19:41:32 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like the movie and the story, both have lots of great layers and can be taken in many different ways. The original movie was and is fine - a little cheesy but it's an Arnie movie and I knew ages ago when you walked into a movie starring Arnie you should prepare for the faint whiff of cheddar.

It's just an odd idea. Very odd. Not entirely sure it's necessary but sadly, it's going to happen whatever people say. Let's wait and see, who knows? It might end up being bloody great...

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• QotSAfan 26 Feb 2009 22:07:18 1,662 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THe world needs more Philip K. Dick movies.
  • beastmaster 26 Feb 2009 22:12:50 11,205 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FFS! Let's face it. At one point Cronenberg was due to direct. That would have been an interesting movie. But they're doing it for cash so it'll be "bigger, better, faster, more". But it won't be.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• GitSomE_UK 26 Feb 2009 23:07:36 1,210 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Noooooooooooooooooo

They cannot remake Total Recall it'll be turned into some emo feelings fest. It's a modern classic along with Commando and other Arnie titles of the 80's.

What's going to be remade next Robocop?

/Shakes fist at Hollywood

Oh...

"I'll blow this place up and be home in time for corn flakes".
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2009 23:09:59 17,953 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    QotSAfan wrote:
    THe world needs more... ...Dick movies.
    O_o

PSN ID: Djini

• Page

of 15 First / Last