Legal assured shorthold tenancy agreement online?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 25 February 2009 13:04:22
    Our fucking arsewiping cunting pricktastic wanktacular cocking bellend of a landlord still hasn't got his arse in gear and provided us with a contract to sign. He's made noises about it many times and sent over a 'guide to the contract' for us to look over before he sent the contract itself, but he's just a lazy cunt and hasn't done it yet. And frankly I'm tired of waiting so I'm trying to find the contract that he was trying to find online so I can print it out myself, sign it and have it delivered to him to sign.

Except I can't find anywhere that doesn't want me to hand over money for one. Some places want a tenner, others want almost 30. Surely this should be available online for free somewhere? Any ideas?
  • chrissieboy 25 Feb 2009 13:09:48 109 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You could try asking Arla (association of letting agents) for a sample standard agreement maybe?

http://www.arla.co.uk/
  • angeltreats 25 Feb 2009 13:31:43 2,602 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll need to cut and paste.
  • ruth3 26 Feb 2009 23:20:29 45 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You don't really need to have a signed tenancy agreement - if you need it to claim Housing Benefit then proof of paying rent (eg: rent book, bank statements, receipts) will do. If it came to a dispute you will be treated in law as if you have the tenancy agreement that your material circumstances entitle you to - what i mean is, if the landlord doesn't live on the premises, it'll be an assured shorthold tenancy so even if you don't have a paper document, you still have the same standard rights (eg: two months written notice if the landlord wants you out, then at the end of the two months court proceedings can begin ... etc)

PS: I've worked in housing - with homeless 16-25 yr olds - for the last five years
  • Amajiro 27 Feb 2009 00:15:06 2,214 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can pick one up in WHSmith for a tenner.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next