Faith No More reunite Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Capn 25 Feb 2009 01:26:10 470 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FUCK! I'm going to download; And if Faith no more are playing then my pants are extra happy!
  • warlockuk 25 Feb 2009 01:43:29 19,148 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aye. I was really just meaning the "classic" lineup before they turned shit. I found AotY to be a pile of ballsacks. :)

It'd be like seeing Life of Agony without Keith Caputo or Guns 'n' Roses without Slash. Fuck that!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Syrette 25 Feb 2009 02:00:44 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Caputo is different though, being the singer and having such a unique voice. GnR have been the Axl Rose solo band for a while now.

"Shit", "ballsacks"... you really are hard to please aren't you :)

• ray 25 Feb 2009 05:36:14 684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh one of my greatest adventure during the last year in highschool was connected with going to a FNM concert (which was their last tour with Jim Martin).

Every one of them is a genius in his own right so great news if true.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Feb 2009 07:26:14 37,832 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have just peed my pants. Sadly I don't do festivals, but if they do an actual tour I am SO there. With or without Sir Jim Martin.

edit: Also - what's reuters? :-D

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• malteaserhead 25 Feb 2009 08:57:51 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good news. \o/

The fuckers broke up, I think just about a month before a younger, hairier, malty was due to see them in concert. After having the ticket for bleeding ages.

They owe me a free ticket and a wig to compensate. ;)
  • figgis 25 Feb 2009 09:06:33 7,376 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bah, bring back Chuck Mosley.
  • malteaserhead 25 Feb 2009 09:11:46 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    or Courtney ... wait I've gone too far.
  • espadachin 25 Feb 2009 09:20:48 2,210 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oh god damn it.
    ill have to see them, but ill complain they werent as good as they used to be...

/prefers tomahawk, peeping tom and bungle.
  • Chopsen 25 Feb 2009 09:30:11 15,870 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    figgis wrote:

fuck right off.

But anyway: WOOHOO! Hope they play Reading :)

warlockuk wrote:
    Jim Martin, ... After he left the music went downhill fast. IMO, like.

Aye.

• DaM 25 Feb 2009 09:30:24 12,991 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wasn't aware they had split up...!

Think I first saw them on Mike Patton's first UK tour....it was a 5 men and a dog crowd.
    1989 maybe? Glasgow Mayfair? Bollocks, 20 years ago....where has it gone....

Didn't pick any albums after The Real Thing, was more of an Indie rocker then.....

Might pick them up now.
  • Rowlsten 25 Feb 2009 10:10:01 674 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hope the European tour involves more than just London, hard enough getting tickets for Fantomas and Tomahawk, but this will be mental when/if they go on sale!!

Also didn't Patton mention at some point that a new Peeping Tom album was in the works for this year or did I just hope for that?
  • figgis 25 Feb 2009 10:28:39 7,376 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    figgis wrote:

fuck right off.

Chuck was an good front man, much better than Mike on 'The Real Thing Tour'.

Angle Dust is a good album tho.
  • Chopsen 25 Feb 2009 10:36:43 15,870 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never saw them live with Chuck, but at least Mike could actually sing. Chuck sounded like a tone-deaf cow on mogadon.

@Rowlsten

The reuters link suggests festival dates, so I doubt they'd go anywhere near London.

Faith No More + Prodigy + ? for Readings/Leeds '09?

:)
  • Deleted user 25 February 2009 10:42:09
    I think I just came rather messily in my pants.
  • figgis 25 Feb 2009 10:45:40 7,376 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    I never saw them live with Chuck, but at least Mike could actually sing. Chuck sounded like a tone-deaf cow on mogadon.

True, but that's punk rock man.

• Syrette 25 Feb 2009 10:46:04 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rowlsten wrote:
    Hope the European tour involves more than just London, hard enough getting tickets for Fantomas and Tomahawk, but this will be mental when/if they go on sale!!

I'm pretty sure it'll just be the festival circuit for the time being. Almost certainly Download or Reading/Leeds. The only other likely fest would have been Sonisphere but they've already got the their full quota of headliners (Metallica and Linkin Park). Seeing as Download are making a big song and dance but their "special" third headliner, you'd think it would be FNM at Download. But we'll see, there's been nothing confirmed yet in terms of where they'll play and still no genuine confirmation from the band themselves, just Patton's reps and a mention of it on a press release.

• Deleted user 25 February 2009 11:29:57
    elredeyegrande wrote:
    It's sad that Jim Martin won't be involved, but c'mon he barely even had a prominent role in Angel Dust and isn't even on King For A Day(The best album they did imo).

Major props to him for the first 3 albums, the Bill & Ted cameo and the mad hair though.

I remember a story about Angel Dust where FNM Sans Martin wrote the entire album then shipped it to Martin to add his guitar pieces.

Interestingly I remember watching FNM at The Sheffield Arena during the Angel Dust tour and all of the band did this disco scene at the beginning except for Martin. Me, being observant and clever as I am, thought this obviously meant something...
  • jonsaan 25 Feb 2009 11:38:12 25,342 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No Jim Martin? So Not faith No More then: :)

His guitar playing is so distinctive. I bet they'll be pretty great regardless, but different for sure.

FCUTA!

• malteaserhead 25 Feb 2009 11:45:41 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Like some have said, ioo (in our opinions ;)) some of FNM best stuff didn't have anything much to do with him anyway so it's not a big loss.

I do think his comedy acting on Everything's Ruined deserves special praise though.
    Hark at the larks at around the 2.50m mark. Ruuuuuuunnnnnnn!
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2009 11:50:02 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Again, I know it's better seeing the man who created some of the music actually playing his own creations, but it's not like his replacements did a bad job of a) making their own, and b) playing his riffs and stuff.

Besides as people keep saying plenty of good music was done without him. I like all the FNM albums, every one of them. I can't say that about all of Patton's projects.

• jonsaan 25 Feb 2009 11:51:33 25,342 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I only really like the first Mr Bungle album and a bit of the Tommahawk(?) stuff.

FCUTA!

• Syrette 25 Feb 2009 11:51:56 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:

I doubt it, Prodigy aren't big enough to headline there in my opinion. They're playing but not headlining Download. It's looking likely that if FNM do dates over here it will be at Download.

Which will mean I'll be going to Download, simple as.

• jonsaan 25 Feb 2009 11:53:32 25,342 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw the prodigy play at Glastonbury once and they were suprisingly well suited to a massive outdoor gig. Much better than when I saw them at Brixton.

I would argue that the Prodigy are a bigger band than FNM! Certainly in the UK.

FCUTA!

• Chopsen 25 Feb 2009 11:54:38 15,870 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember reading an interview with them while JM was still a member, and they described their song writing as a collaborative action that involved everyone to some degree (though some were more involved with some songs than others). And you've got to admit, they went down hill after JM left.

Angel dust >> Real thing >>>> everything else

imho
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2009 11:56:56 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I would argue that the Prodigy are a bigger band than FNM! Certainly in the UK.

They are now, yeah. Still not big enough to headline Reading?Leeds.

FNM at Download is different as they're more suited for the Download crowd.

• Chopsen 25 Feb 2009 11:59:30 15,870 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

I doubt it, Prodigy aren't big enough to headline there in my opinion. They playing but not headlining Download. It's looking likely that if FNM do dates over here it will be at Download.

Which will mean I'll be going to Download, simple as.

We'll I'm only saying that because I've already bought tickets to reading and I want to see them. Don't bring any of your sensible reasons here, sonny!

If FNM do download then I'll probably give it a miss - my summer's already looking far too busy, and it's only febuary...

As for not big enough...dunno. Prodigy just aren't the right "fit" for the typical download crowd as headliner. They could certainly more that pack out one of the smaller stages at reading as a headliner.
  • jonsaan 25 Feb 2009 12:01:15 25,342 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prodigy were amazing when touring the fat of the land. Less so afterwards. I've not heard any of the latest stuff though....

FCUTA!

• Chopsen 25 Feb 2009 12:03:21 15,870 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've heard the single, Omen, seems like fairly good Prodigy type fodder. Never been a massive fan of their recorded stuff but live they were amazing. That was Fat of the Land era I saw them....
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2009 12:09:24 43,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've always felt that the Prodigy are naturally far more suited to playing tents and indoors. A big open stage (especially if it's not dark) for a group like them just doesn't seem 'right'. Who raves in the light?

• Page

of 6 First / Last