Stand Up Comedy Page 22

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 16 May 2011 10:29:26 16,929 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Richard Herring's application letter for the position of Pope :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg59hWLqE0c

Is this from Christ on a Bike? I'm going to the DVD filming one and the live podcast, very excited. Anyone else from around here going?

You are a factory of sadness.

• Blaketown 16 May 2011 10:35:05 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am. o/

You've reminded me I haven't printed out the tickets yet.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Fab4 16 May 2011 10:42:16 5,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:

Is this from Christ on a Bike? I'm going to the DVD filming one and the live podcast, very excited. Anyone else from around here going?

Not sure where its from. Bit of advice if you are going to a DVD filming...don't sit near the front ;)
  • coastal 16 May 2011 11:16:33 5,382 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Billy_sastard wrote:
    coastal wrote:
    Who's the comedian chap - got linked on here a while back. He's very very downbeat. Looks unprepared. Walked the audience through a chart showing the gig's enjoyment.

This guy, piss funny. \o/

That's Stewart Lee you fool. No, the guy i mean is dishevelled, fat, downbeat and looks unprepared. Mr lee is just fat and downbeat.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Blaketown 16 May 2011 11:18:33 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I chose the middle of the second row purely because I was a bit scared of sitting in the front row.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Mr_Sleep 16 May 2011 12:05:52 16,929 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:

Not sure where its from. Bit of advice if you are going to a DVD filming...don't sit near the front ;)

By the time we booked tickets there wasn't a chance to get near the front even if I wanted to. I'm pretty sure that Herring would be pick on me too, I share his Jesus look. I'm pretty sure I'll be sat somewhere on the left hand side by a pillar. Annoyingly I then have to swap seats for the podcast recording. Very weird.

• Fab4 16 May 2011 14:05:48 5,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:

By the time we booked tickets there wasn't a chance to get near the front even if I wanted to. I'm pretty sure that Herring would be pick on me too, I share his Jesus look. I'm pretty sure I'll be sat somewhere on the left hand side by a pillar. Annoyingly I then have to swap seats for the podcast recording. Very weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOF626wlJZ8
  • Blaketown 16 May 2011 14:11:10 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:

Yeah I had to move seats for the Podcast too. Annoying.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Genji 19 May 2011 06:28:45 19,689 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know there are at least a few Mitch Hedberg fans on here.

Recently, his website has been re-opened by his widow, and now includes much in the way of unseen footage. Go on over and remind yourselves just how funny this guy was.
  • Youthist 27 May 2011 10:42:37 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just discoved Brian Regan, good quality, this on Flying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9em-ZCddWk&feature=related

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• daithi90 28 May 2011 16:26:43 3,283 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Going to New York for 3 months next week. Get to see Mike Birbiglia on my birthday! :D
  • Mr_Sleep 28 May 2011 16:29:35 16,929 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:

Yeah I had to move seats for the Podcast too. Annoying.

I completely forgot to come back about this. I thought the live podcast fell a bit flat for the most part. Relying on members of the audience to ask questions wasn't very successful. I did have a couple but as I was about to put my hand up some other person with an uninteresting and stupid question would pipe up.

It's a shame RH and I didn't get to have a Jesus off, I think I would have won.

• rickalish 29 May 2011 20:50:47 1,796 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any comedians fancy a gig in Manchester on June 9th?
  • coastal 29 May 2011 21:19:21 5,382 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not my favourite thing to do but i snapped up some Jack Dee tickets for his work in progress. Standard drill from him but a little treat was Michael McIntyre popping on the little stage for ten minutes at the end. Not bad for a fiver.

Yes. I could feel Stewart Lee hanging his head in shame but he was good. :D

• Ka-blamo 7 Jun 2011 12:28:04 7,313 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Louis on Leno

New material to me, So so good :-)
  • Blaketown 7 Jun 2011 13:19:26 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    I completely forgot to come back about this. I thought the live podcast fell a bit flat for the most part. Relying on members of the audience to ask questions wasn't very successful. I did have a couple but as I was about to put my hand up some other person with an uninteresting and stupid question would pipe up.

It's a shame RH and I didn't get to have a Jesus off, I think I would have won.

Forgot about this too.

Funnily enough THE stupidest question was asked by my mate. So when RH was having a go at him "remember I said to ask a stranger next to you if it was a good question" he then turned to me and said "Did he ask you? Did you tell him it was a good idea?". I guess this means I'm on the DVD although it was at that point that they said the tapes had run out so maybe I will be spared the embarrassment.

Could have walked off with the Microphone too, as I ended up with it and no one seemed to want to take it back.

I had a good night though. Thought the show was great.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• rickalish 7 Jun 2011 19:53:43 1,796 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got my first Manchester gig on Thursday in a venue near the Printworks. I'll be on home turf, but I've (stupidly) invited a crew of about 25 people (all of which are supposedly attending) so no pressure if I balls up my new material. It'll be my 10th gig.

Wish me luck. :)
  • Fab4 10 Jun 2011 21:56:34 5,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just watched the stand up of that guy Daniel Tosh, from Tosh.O. I enjoyed it a lot. Loved the line he ended on..."Being an ugly woman is like being a man...you are going to have to work." :)
  • warlockuk 28 Jul 2011 00:42:21 19,146 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Near printworks? Frog + Bucket?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• rickalish 28 Jul 2011 13:04:56 1,796 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Billy_sastard wrote:
    :D

Top stuff! :)
  • rickalish 28 Jul 2011 13:05:46 1,796 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Near printworks? Frog + Bucket?

No. Pulse Bar. Opposite Lloyds bar.
  • Ka-blamo 29 Jul 2011 17:45:14 7,313 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    *NEW* Louis on Letterman
  • Fab4 4 Aug 2011 13:43:50 5,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been watching quite a bit of Jim Jeffries over the last few days...fucking hilarious :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsCNJgxJv30
  • sirtacos 7 Aug 2011 10:24:13 7,273 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Louis CK on why he doesn't smoke weed (regularly) anymore
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Aug 2011 11:00:48 23,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saw Craig Campbell last night at Edinburgh Fringe. Very funny! Highly recommended if anyone gets the chance.

Also saw Axis of Awesome, which were awesome. Like a comedy music band.

Going to see Sarah Millican I think later this month.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• warlockuk 7 Aug 2011 11:13:25 19,146 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm looking forward to Steve Hughes at Bloodstock in a few days! \o/

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• coastal 7 Aug 2011 11:25:21 5,382 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Craig Campbell is a funny guy but his mannerisms just grate with me. It's that Popeye move he does.. juts, pipe, yuck yuck yuck ARGH

• CosmicFuzz 7 Aug 2011 12:18:46 23,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha I liked that about him. Was a bit Jim Carry-ish I thought.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Page

of 25 First / Last