Changing PSN/email account help...

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • repairmanjack 15 Feb 2009 19:49:35 6,069 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did a search... honestly.

I'm probably being a bit thick here, but I'm losing my old ntl email address this week, and I'm just trying to set up my new email address for when I move...

I logged onto the UK Playstation website, checked my account, but couldn't see an option to change my registered email address. My PS3 is set up with the old ntl account, so all my funding/spending info goes to my old account.

How do I set it for the new address? Is this something I just need to do via the PS3? I'm sure I'm just being short-sighted here. Any help, please?
  • robwills01 15 Feb 2009 19:59:55 10 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its under account settings on the PS3 itself
    Should be fairly easy to find, account info etc
  • robwills01 15 Feb 2009 20:01:40 10 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    More detail here. Result of a quick Google search =P
  • Gibroon 15 Feb 2009 20:02:39 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whatever you do, do not change your email address at the sign-in page. There is a bug which buggers up your trophy support and you have to delete all your saves and start from scratch if you want trophies.

I think you change your email in the account management which doesn't create the bug.
  • robwills01 15 Feb 2009 20:09:39 10 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whatever you do, do not change your email address at the sign-in page. There is a bug which buggers up your trophy support and you have to delete all your saves and start from scratch if you want trophies.

I imagine that WOULD bugger up your trophy support, as you wouldn't be able to sign in if you changed the address on the sign in page without first changing it under Account Management.
    And then, of course, once its changed under Account Management, it becomes your Sign In ID, you you have to enter the new one there.
    So unless you mean something other than I do when you talk about the "Sign In Page", you make no sense.
  • repairmanjack 15 Feb 2009 20:27:35 6,069 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks, fellas.
  • Gibroon 15 Feb 2009 20:41:23 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robwills01 wrote:

I imagine that WOULD bugger up your trophy support, as you wouldn't be able to sign in if you changed the address on the sign in page without first changing it under Account Management.
    And then, of course, once its changed under Account Management, it becomes your Sign In ID, you you have to enter the new one there.
    So unless you mean something other than I do when you talk about the "Sign In Page", you make no sense.

Sony may have changed the sign in page in the recent firmware update so you can not change your email. I haven't looked recently but the problems did occur.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4322.html

• MCF 18 Feb 2009 17:14:02 2 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gibroon wrote:

I think you change your email in the account management which doesn't create the bug.

Sony addressed the dreaded trophy error in their last firmware update.
  • cheshercat13 6 Jul 2011 00:33:44 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I entered the wrong Email and i cant acsess my PSN account and i need to update my Ps3 for Alice: the madness returns......but i need to change my pass word in order to do so......I have tried alot and now im on the prowl for how to get out of this dellema....plz help
  • barnbio 19 May 2012 14:52:49 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The email I registered with my PS3 has been closed by BT and I now have a new one. But the old one is the one the PS3 has and because I cant login to get the password, I cant get in to change it and I cant see in account management where to change it. Is it simply a case of contacting Sony??
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next