Where can I buy UK Wii games for international delivery?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • ChrisOTR 15 Feb 2009 10:07:34 798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hi everyone,

Long story short, I have a UK Wii, but I live in Hong Kong. And I'm a victim of region locking.

It's very easy and cheap to buy Wii games here, but I have a UK Wii, so they won't work.

I want to get UK Wii games posted over, but can't use CD-Wow or eBay (because I've had problems/disputes with both in the past)...

Does anyone know any other online stores that will ship UK Wii games internationally?

Thanks for any tips!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 15 Feb 2009 11:15:05 7,299 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How long are you planning on staying there? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a new Wii and then order from play-asia or something?
  • Hunam 15 Feb 2009 11:24:57 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It'll probably be cheaper to just get a new Wii.
  • ChrisOTR 15 Feb 2009 12:10:14 798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll be here until Summer 2010, maybe longer.

Buying another machine - good idea in some ways and you might be right - but call me a big green hippy - I'd feel way too guilty buying two of the same console.
  • lost_soul 15 Feb 2009 12:25:02 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can you not get family or friends to buy games for you in the UK and post them out?

Somewhat OT, but where in Hong Kong is a good place to pick up video game related stuff? I'm going to be over there in a couple of weeks and would like to pick a few items up.
  • Dan234 15 Feb 2009 17:26:43 2,232 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm 99% sure Aussie Wii games are compatible with European Wiis (the code printed on the disc contains 'EUR'). So you can order from an Australian website which I suppose would ship to Hong Kong.

However there was a special Aussie version of Animal Crossing which you should probably avoid because it a) may not work on European Wiis and b) may only link up with North American versions of the DS game (the North American version of the DS game is the one found in Australia).
  • Oh-Bollox 15 Feb 2009 17:28:09 5,211 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oz is a PAL region, aye.
  • ChrisOTR 28 Feb 2009 04:06:44 798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey, sorry for the ridiculously slow reply.

lost_soul: I can ask my family, but they're not particularly helpful with that kind of thing... I suggest going to Golden Shopping Centre... Exit D2 from Sham Shui Po station on the MTR (Hong Kong's version of the tube)... basement=books/accessories, G/F=consoles, 1/F=PCs.

Dan234: That's a great idea - the Aussie thing - I'll check it out. Any recommendations for good Aussie online shops, Australian folks?
  • AgentX 28 Feb 2009 14:54:08 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just softmod your Wii and use GeckoOS to avoid the region locking...
  • morriss 28 Feb 2009 14:55:07 70,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THE INTERNET is a good place to try.
  • SunilDe 1 Apr 2009 20:05:23 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd got some games sent down by game.co.uk. They also run gamestation.co.uk (which gives you better prices on most of the games and higher availability for some reason, but doesn't give you reward points... hmm... maybe the reward points 2.5% cashback system compensates for the markdown from 13(game.co.uk) to 10(gamestation.co.uk)... then again maybe it doesn't :)

There is a bit of an issue with the deliveries though. They're sent by regular (non-recorded delivery, non-trackable) post, so if it doesn't arrive within 28 days you need to talk to them - at which point they offered (in my case) to resend the package or cancel it. I asked for it to be resent and they cancelled it anyway (it just happened, so I have no idea of how prompt they are with the refund, but I'm not too worried about it).

I'm hoping and praying cdwow manages to get the stuff sent here. It's quite frustrating to be willing to pay the exhorbitant prices for the games out here (in India), but not be able to buy them (because strangely enough, they sell the US version here rather than the Indian standard PAL systems).

ChrisOTR wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Long story short, I have a UK Wii, but I live in Hong Kong. And I'm a victim of region locking.

It's very easy and cheap to buy Wii games here, but I have a UK Wii, so they won't work.

I want to get UK Wii games posted over, but can't use CD-Wow or eBay (because I've had problems/disputes with both in the past)...

Does anyone know any other online stores that will ship UK Wii games internationally?

Thanks for any tips!
  • PrivateFloyd 1 Apr 2009 21:18:50 4,115 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    THE INTERNET is a good place to try.

and what pray tell is this website powered by?

hamsters on a big fuck off wheel?

Goat is hungry.....

• Dan234 2 Apr 2009 08:28:18 2,232 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    and what pray tell is this website powered by?

hamsters on a big fuck off wheel?

When trying to post messages to the forum on an off day it seems like it. Maybe EG forget to feed them.
  • aries84 2 Jun 2011 00:59:40 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A bit late, but digihoard.com carry show Wii Games
  • PenguinJim 2 Jun 2011 01:28:36 5,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, but they're shit compared to Zavvi and TheHut (who have started offering free international delivery) and Gam.co (who have always included free international delivery). :p
  • DFawkes 2 Jun 2011 03:03:17 22,789 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A "bit" late? A "bit"? Over 2 years, when it comes to posting things on the Internet, is significantly more than a "bit" bloody late!

If I were a cynical man I'd assume somebody was a planet. Of course if that were the case, they're a planet that thinks 2 years is just a bit late, so you could expect your order to arrive in about 2013.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• figaro7 2 Jun 2011 04:35:51 1,362 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just get them off ebay, im not sure what the dollar value is in hong kong but im from australia and i buy uk or pal region wii games, just too cheap to pass up.
  • TaraShea 28 Dec 2012 17:01:41 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I believe you can get Amazon to ship overseas but you pay quite a bit extra for shipping. I've never done this but I have friends who have.
  • Spong 28 Dec 2012 17:11:13 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TaraShea If only you could mail that post back to 2009, when this thread was actually made.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next