The Photo Gallery Page 2

• Page

of 484 First / Last

• cyk 19 Jun 2004 14:58:54 306 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The 1st two shots are great. Really love those.
  • binky Moderator 19 Jun 2004 15:45:05 9,462 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    my lame efforts.

Love the Eagle owl Gurgy.
  • sam_spade 19 Jun 2004 17:03:33 15,745 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You thirsty romantic, you.

• westernmusic 19 Jun 2004 18:33:33 602 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    woh. nice owl-shot, gurgster!
  • bainbrge 19 Jun 2004 19:07:22 1,687 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cyk wrote:
    Not a bad shot Gurg, however :) I guess its a limitation of your camera that the Owl isn't in focus enough. Nicely captured though.

You can see my pictures at my portfolio and newer ones at my Deviant Art account. Getting DSLR soon too, moving on up from the excellent Canon A70.

Cyk, did you take your portfolio pictures with the A70? I just bought one for 150 from e-buyer, and I am very impressed so far, especially with how easy it is to do macro shots.

Anyway, in your portfolio you have a very nice B&W pic of a building at night on time exposure- was that with the A70 and a tripod?
  • bainbrge 19 Jun 2004 19:12:35 1,687 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Incidentally, does anyone know where I could find a template for a gallery webpage?
  • racingrob 19 Jun 2004 19:33:33 41 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    just like to say a big thanks WORP. Got my DX6490 from Amazon this week, have been really impressed so far. Got holiday in Sicily in a couple of weeks, so it will get loads of use then. Might post some pics when I get back.
  • bainbrge 19 Jun 2004 19:48:18 1,687 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers Otto- I just wanted to see the HTML really, and get some ideas for decent looking, easy to use picture viewers. Will look in PS, don't think I'd noticed that feature.
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 19 Jun 2004 19:51:10 2,600 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    otto wrote:
    Er, that's actually a hare-lip!

OOPS.

/looks down and awaits large hole to open up/

Sorry.

Psst, could you photoshop a Camel Light in or something just to spare my blushes ?
  • Sid_James'_Park 20 Jun 2004 02:30:09 193 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:
    Did someone mention penguins ?

I was also fortunate to be present at the first ever Penguin 100m race.

Penguins JPG file - 600k.

They aren't penguins, that's the Newcastle team before the start of the match at Anfield. :)

How much did you pay for you camera's everybody? Argos has some on special offer, I seen a Cannon with 150 off which looked good value for 200.

Edit Balls I've spelt Canon wrong.

Edited by Sid_James'_Park at 01:39:12 20-06-2004
  • cyk 20 Jun 2004 02:32:03 306 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bainbrge wrote:
    Cyk, did you take your portfolio pictures with the A70? I just bought one for 150 from e-buyer, and I am very impressed so far, especially with how easy it is to do macro shots.

Anyway, in your portfolio you have a very nice B&W pic of a building at night on time exposure- was that with the A70 and a tripod?

It sure was :) Everything on petemc.net was taken with the A70. You will definetly need a tripod for anything longer than 1/30
  • sam_spade 20 Jun 2004 14:53:55 15,745 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ta-Da!

Sorry if the webpage is slow. I could do with a new host really. Anyone got any good suggestions?
  • Asphyxiant 20 Jun 2004 18:59:08 223 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hm. About the Kodak EasyShare DX6490.
    Which one of you was it that talked about it, or owned it for that matter? WOPR? I'm obviously feeling too lazy to check the previous pages, hm, the point is I'm looking at getting ahold of one, but, the page I'm looking at it in says that the Optical Zoom is Automatic, and not Manual. Any words of wisdom regarding this?
  • racingrob 20 Jun 2004 21:07:27 41 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oops WOPR, sorry mate.

Just a quick question, playing around with my camera tonight and I have noticed that the barrel feels a tiny bit loose (please note correct usage of this word!!) Does anybody else's? this is the only problem about buying stuff online you can't pop back into the shop and ask.

Cheers in advance.

• sam_spade 20 Jun 2004 22:09:54 15,745 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I took mine with a Fuji S5000, which I'm happy with despite some problems. But I'm more happy that my brother, like you, has a set of Minolta lenses and is thinking of jumping aboard the digital boat.

To be honest, some have had elements removed (like damn birds during sunsets) and had the colours balanced and spruced up in Photoshop. Mainly because the images seem to come out low in contrast from the camera.

My .mac trial ran out and while I like it; I can't really justify the cost for slinging up a few photos on the web occasionally.
  • sam_spade 20 Jun 2004 22:36:33 15,745 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The only real problems I have had are the commonplace purple fringing that you get with digicameras and the relatively low contrast on the pictures (which is alright if you have the software for it). And there always seems to be a slight shadow on the upper left hand corner of pictures.

The optical zoom is great, the interface is nice and easy to use and the quality of the pictures is good.

The only other recommendation I have is to get some rechargeable batteries. I bought some local cheap brand batteries and it sucked them dry in fifteen minutes and it was a good job we bought 8 packs at the time (but Duracells usually last me half a day).
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Jun 2004 12:37:51 35,432 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Humble beginnings

Sadly, I haven't found the time yet to really get into digital photography a bit more seiously, but I take the digicam with me from time to time and try my best. :-)
  • cyk 22 Jun 2004 15:55:49 306 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Humble beginnings

Sadly, I haven't found the time yet to really get into digital photography a bit more seiously, but I take the digicam with me from time to time and try my best. :-)

I like that bridge shot Lou, if you could only clone out that branch :)
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Jun 2004 17:20:45 35,432 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    cyk wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    Humble beginnings

I like that bridge shot Lou, if you could only clone out that branch :)

Heh, cheers, yes, unfortunately it wasn't possible to take that pic without the branch - at least not with dry feet. ;-)

A question, cyk (or anyone else, of course), when you make b&w shots, do you set the camera to black & white or do you just take away the colour with Photoshop? I tried to do it both ways, and I fail to see a big difference.

Edited by UncleLou at 16:22:21 22-06-2004
  • cyk 23 Jun 2004 01:58:16 306 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    A question, cyk (or anyone else, of course), when you make b&w shots, do you set the camera to black & white or do you just take away the colour with Photoshop? I tried to do it both ways, and I fail to see a big difference.

Edited by UncleLou at 16:22:21 22-06-2004

I always shoot in colour. That way I have the colour original and can work off that. If I just have the BW I might regret not having the colour.
  • W0PR 23 Jun 2004 10:59:26 243 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd just like to pimp the mandolux.com site which is a stunning collectin of real shit-hot quality images. Navigation is a bit weird but it's well worth the effort.
  • rare_uk 30 Jun 2004 13:56:03 3,562 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FYI BBC Online Photographer of the year competition

Edited by rare uk at 12:56:48 30-06-2004
  • cyk 30 Jun 2004 15:06:49 306 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rare uk wrote:
    FYI BBC Online Photographer of the year competition

Edited by rare uk at 12:56:48 30-06-2004

Yup, I plan to enter that one :)
  • squaylor 6 Jul 2004 12:43:18 3,737 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are some really brilliant pics on this thread - especially the owl at the beginning, excellent photo. Anyway I've finally managed to work out how to get my pictures on the net and linkable, so I'm going to thrill/bore you all with some photos I'm especially pleased with. All these were taken with a 50 Olympus camera with Kodak Ultra film. I don't even have a zoom on the camera, so I need to upgrade - although it takes bloody great photos...

arty statues in Budapest. Urizen might appreciate this one, although I've forgotten the name of the statue.

bonsai in Montreal. I like this one as it looks like my friend Lan is looking up at a tree, but it's actually a bonsai display I was hiding behind :)

arty Sydney opera house. I'll be there in three months! \o/

beach shot. My mate Andy on the beach on Fitzroy Island in Queensland.

Hyde Park, Sydney. I love this picture. I had to take a few to get this one right, but I love the symmetry I got - and the fact Andy looked back when I took it made it even better (it wasn't posed). Plus I had to wait until the path was clear. It's the background on my PC.

bonus pic. I didn't take this, but I had to link it here - a great photo of a very, very large ray in Sydney aquarium about to flop onto my mate Paul. If that metal strut in the tank wasn't there, you wouldn't have a clue what was going on in this one!

Anyway, that's it. No more photos from me for a while...maybe ;)
  • pjmaybe 6 Jul 2004 12:51:06 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great stuff all...!!!

Can I do one?

Steel, our silver tabby looking a bit surprised!

Me in "Wonderland", Queensland, Australia shortly before being attacked by a very pissed off Roo.

The rental car we were "upgraded to" in Canada. Now that's pimptastic!

Mrs Peej lounging at Avebury.

Peej
  • squaylor 6 Jul 2004 12:54:48 3,737 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Me in "Wonderland", Queensland, Australia shortly before being attacked by a very pissed off Roo.
    Pah! That's not a kangaroo...this is a kangaroo! Thankfully it didn't go for me...

Oh, and this is the koala that I held. Awww....

Edited by squaylor at 11:55:21 06-07-2004

Edited by squaylor at 11:55:47 06-07-2004
  • pjmaybe 6 Jul 2004 12:55:58 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eep that one's borked.

Peej
  • Angel_Treats 6 Jul 2004 12:56:03 11,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Steel, our silver tabby looking a bit surprised!

/goes all girly & wibbly

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
  • pjmaybe 6 Jul 2004 12:57:41 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I should point out that just after that was taken he stuck all four sets of claws and both sets of teeth into Mrs Peej's finger...!

Cute, but don't mess! Heh!

Peej
  • Cyberdude 6 Jul 2004 12:58:05 509 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    mmm fried kitty with onion rings.........

Cd
  • Page

of 484 First / Last