The Photo Gallery Page 466

  • Page

    of 484 First / Last

  • kentmonkey 8 Jun 2012 18:55:58 20,718 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LOVE hedgehogs!
  • prawnking1980 13 Jun 2012 16:37:08 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Couple of new ones:

    Lilly

    Ladybird

    Rose
  • Nth 13 Jun 2012 17:24:53 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck me, I thought the 5D was supposed to be a classic camera. I can't give the thing away.
  • kentmonkey 13 Jun 2012 20:08:31 20,718 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Couple of new ones:

    Lilly

    Ladybird

    Rose
    What camera/lens were they taken with?

    And are they 'touched' or original.

    Just interested, btw, not going all camera wanky on you.
  • ram 14 Jun 2012 10:23:09 3,481 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From one angle it's just an ordinary picture of WTF!

    Edited by ram at 10:24:17 14-06-2012
  • smoothpete 14 Jun 2012 10:28:10 31,534 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure what I was expecting but it was certainly NOT that!
  • prawnking1980 14 Jun 2012 11:09:13 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Couple of new ones:

    Lilly

    Ladybird

    Rose
    What camera/lens were they taken with?

    And are they 'touched' or original.

    Just interested, btw, not going all camera wanky on you.
    It is a Nikon D80 and Sigma 105mm F/2.8 Macro Lens. Slight sharpening, and crop on a couple otherwise pretty much as is.
  • Nth 14 Jun 2012 11:50:51 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Nth 14 Jun 2012 11:51:08 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Nth 14 Jun 2012 11:53:08 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • prawnking1980 14 Jun 2012 12:13:24 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Year of posts not showing.
  • kentmonkey 14 Jun 2012 20:04:16 20,718 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Couple of new ones:

    Lilly

    Ladybird

    Rose
    What camera/lens were they taken with?

    And are they 'touched' or original.

    Just interested, btw, not going all camera wanky on you.
    It is a Nikon D80 and Sigma 105mm F/2.8 Macro Lens. Slight sharpening, and crop on a couple otherwise pretty much as is.
    Cheers, really impressed by those. Just starting off on my first forray into the DSLR market so trying to get an idea of what's possible (it'll be a D3100).
  • prawnking1980 14 Jun 2012 20:12:32 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Will certainly be possible with that camera, my niece has it she seems to get on well with it.
  • kentmonkey 14 Jun 2012 20:35:25 20,718 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Will certainly be possible with that camera, my niece has it she seems to get on well with it.
    Couldn't ever afford that lens (600ish I think) so I'll have to rely on it's ability to take pictures through a magnifying glass! :o)
  • prawnking1980 14 Jun 2012 20:39:43 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Must have gone up, I got it for about 1/2 that.
  • Nth 15 Jun 2012 09:58:30 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really pleased to see 'Wish You Were Here' featured on Fotoflock today :)

    http://www.fotoflock.com/index.php/features/fotofeature/160-fotofeature/8761-photo-feature-wish-you-were-here
  • monkman76 15 Jun 2012 10:19:44 4,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Couple of new ones:

    Lilly

    Ladybird

    Rose
    Rose is beautiful. The other two are great captures and very striking, but slightly oversharpened IMHO - there are obvious halos around the in-focus edges, which I find distracting (eg. around the ladybird's shell). Personal taste obviously but they would still look crisp without so much sharpening applied wouldn't they?


    Halol

    Edited by monkman76 at 10:20:45 15-06-2012
  • Nth 19 Jun 2012 13:45:45 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you have an iPad the new Auto de Fe magazine is very good. First issue 69p.
  • Tomo 8 Jul 2012 15:57:50 13,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm getting a softbox to use with my speedlite so I can play about with off-camera flash. Thing is, I need to get some flash triggers and I'm a bit lost. Can you guys recommend some for me?

    I've been looking at some Yongnuo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/RF-602-Wireless-control-Trigger-RS-80N3/dp/B002RDHTWA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341757997&sr=1-1) kit, but they've revised the RF-602 hardware so it doesn't include a PC-sync socket anymore. I have no idea what that does, or whether I'll even need it, but it seems to have caused enough complaints amongst flash enthusiasts that I'm not sure whether to buy them or not.

    Halp.
  • henro_ben 9 Jul 2012 09:36:59 2,216 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I'm getting a softbox to use with my speedlite so I can play about with off-camera flash. Thing is, I need to get some flash triggers and I'm a bit lost. Can you guys recommend some for me?

    I've been looking at some Yongnuo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/RF-602-Wireless-control-Trigger-RS-80N3/dp/B002RDHTWA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341757997&sr=1-1) kit, but they've revised the RF-602 hardware so it doesn't include a PC-sync socket anymore. I have no idea what that does, or whether I'll even need it, but it seems to have caused enough complaints amongst flash enthusiasts that I'm not sure whether to buy them or not.

    Halp.
    Looks pretty good to me. The PC socket is used to sync flashes so I'm presuming any complaints about removing it come from the fact that you'll now need a receiver for every flash, rather than having one receiver & running 2+ flashes from it using cables - that's just a guess mind you.

    If you've only got one flash then I wouldn't worry about it. For 28 it's worth a punt, quite tempted to get one myself!
  • superdelphinus 9 Jul 2012 09:40:59 8,074 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My 5 year old daughter bought me a new 50mm lense for my birthday \:)/
  • Tomo 9 Jul 2012 17:06:56 13,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    henro_ben wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    I'm getting a softbox to use with my speedlite so I can play about with off-camera flash. Thing is, I need to get some flash triggers and I'm a bit lost. Can you guys recommend some for me?

    I've been looking at some Yongnuo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/RF-602-Wireless-control-Trigger-RS-80N3/dp/B002RDHTWA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics
  • Nth 14 Jul 2012 16:24:32 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    First proper use of D5100 and 35 1.8 today, pleased with this shot.

    http://timallenphoto.co.uk/pixelpost/index.php?showimage=446
  • prawnking1980 15 Jul 2012 17:37:50 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nice shot, by all accounts a very good lens that, I have the older model.

    Jessops are doing 10 months interest free finance (believe on items over a certain price) should anyone be interested.

    One from me Fly
  • ram 16 Jul 2012 14:24:22 3,481 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for the heads-up about Jessops interest-free Cheeky!

    Just purchased a lovely Canon 70-200m L IS 2.8 mark II. Put down a deposit and paying the rest interest free over 10 months.

    Save schmave!
  • monkman76 16 Jul 2012 14:34:42 4,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ram wrote:
    Thanks for the heads-up about Jessops interest-free Cheeky!

    Just purchased a lovely Canon 70-200m L IS 2.8 mark II. Put down a deposit and paying the rest interest free over 10 months.

    Save schmave!
    Very nice. I've got the Nikon version and it's so much better than any other lens I've tried (including the Nikon 24-70 2.8) it's ridiculous.
  • prawnking1980 16 Jul 2012 15:30:03 4,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was thinking of a 70-200 myself. Or a new camera.
  • Zomoniac 17 Jul 2012 09:37:41 7,838 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But surely even with a 20% APR credit card you could buy your gear elsewhere, pay over the course of a year and it would still be cheaper than buying from Jessops?
  • Nth 17 Jul 2012 10:25:25 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought my D5100 and 35 1.8 in Jessops as it was 30 cheaper than anywhere else, much as it pained me to go in there.
  • Nth 17 Jul 2012 10:26:35 3,121 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had an email from Singapore Airlines in-flight magazine wanting to feature my stuff.

    o_O
  • Page

    of 484 First / Last

Log in or register to reply