Happy Valentines, Eurogamers! Page 3

  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

  • Ged42 14 Feb 2010 11:29:29 7,700 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right given the missus her Lidl flowers, chocs and card. which gets me out of doghouse for a few hours.

  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:30:34
    mowgli wrote:
    squarejawhero wrote:
    Fuck off, it's just a normal day and an excuse to make money for the card makers.

    What a load of cunt.
    Oh shush, it's an excuse to put in a little bit of extra loving and buy a present for the other half. If all you can think of is 'oh noes the corporations have got me' then you need to grow up. Or get a girlfriend. :p

    Fuck off you cunt.

    I'll only assume the rest of the year you ignore your her? Twat. I'd show her some real loving, smoochie mcbootington.
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:31:05
    And that's how you start a new page.

    /boltpose
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:36:19
    Settle down. Valentines is an excuse to buy some flowers. It's nothing more than that. It doesn't mean that you ignore her for the rest of the year, it is just a day where you can both do something special for each other. Just like Christmas. Fighting the system just stinks of looking for immature excuses :)

    And don't be a prick.
  • Ged42 14 Feb 2010 11:36:24 7,700 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did you send a card to yourself this year squarejawhero? :p
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:38:58
    Fight the system, mowgli. Fight the system. There's no point being a sheeple.

    And nothing wrong with some aggressive, extreme humour once in a while, you sheeple manchild dipshit fuckbum. Your girlfriend smells of aubergine!
  • pinebear 14 Feb 2010 11:39:12 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cast the Backslap Of Affirmation upon SJH!

    /SJH's wacom skills are +2 for 5 rounds

  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:39:53
    I'm not sure how anyone would equate not liking Valentines Day for the pathetic waste of paper it is with immaturity, though. Stupid argument from a simple sheep mind. Baah! Baaah!
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:40:34
    pinebear wrote:
    I cast the Backslap Of Affirmation upon SJH!

    /SJH's wacom skills are +2 for 5 rounds

    Thank god. My drawing skills have been pathetic today, I need the boost.
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:40:49
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    squarejawhero wrote:
    Fuck off, it's just a normal day and an excuse to make money for the card makers.

    What a load of cunt.
    Oh shush, it's an excuse to put in a little bit of extra loving and buy a present for the other half. If all you can think of is 'oh noes the corporations have got me' then you need to grow up. Or get a girlfriend. :p

    No square is right,, it's like mummy and daddy day, just an excuse to make mire money for card companie. You have your anniversary for this shit, you have birthdays.
    Of course it has been commercialisaed but so has every single aspect of society. Doesn't mean you can't just enjoy the day for the reciprocity. So instead of just surprising the other half with flowers at times (which you should still do) it is nice to have another holiday where you can both get something. It's a day where there is a little more social pressure than normal to make a bit of effort which I believe is a good thing. It's the exact same thing with christmas. It is nothing more than a commercialised holiday, but ignoring that it is a day where families that spend 99% of the year not speaking feel compelled to sit together and be civil for the day. I believe that is important.

    Keep fighting the system you guys, the internet will always be here for those lonely nights.
  • Ged42 14 Feb 2010 11:41:26 7,700 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    Your girlfriend smells of aubergine!

    Don't say nasty things about Mowgli's sister
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 11:45:09
    Younger sister? Phew, thank god. I thought she looked a bit, y'know, illegal and all.

    @mowgli - what the fuck are you talking about, you bender?

    Don't gloat either, pride comes before a fall.
  • heyyo 14 Feb 2010 11:49:30 14,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Happy sex day. Buy cheap arse card for gf, get guaranteed sex. Social contructs FTW!
  • dufftownallan 14 Feb 2010 12:23:01 4,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Settle down. Valentines is an excuse to buy some flowers. It's nothing more than that. It doesn't mean that you ignore her for the rest of the year, it is just a day where you can both do something special for each other. Just like Christmas. Fighting the system just stinks of looking for immature excuses :)

    And don't be a prick.
    and you cant do this at any other time of the year because...?
    imo people who do anything for valentines day has a huge lack of imagination.
    /eats heart shaped chocolates
  • dufftownallan 14 Feb 2010 12:26:12 4,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    squarejawhero wrote:
    Fuck off, it's just a normal day and an excuse to make money for the card makers.

    What a load of cunt.
    Oh shush, it's an excuse to put in a little bit of extra loving and buy a present for the other half. If all you can think of is 'oh noes the corporations have got me' then you need to grow up. Or get a girlfriend. :p

    No square is right,, it's like mummy and daddy day, just an excuse to make mire money for card companie. You have your anniversary for this shit, you have birthdays.
    Of course it has been commercialisaed but so has every single aspect of society. Doesn't mean you can't just enjoy the day for the reciprocity. So instead of just surprising the other half with flowers at times (which you should still do) it is nice to have another holiday where you can both get something. It's a day where there is a little more social pressure than normal to make a bit of effort which I believe is a good thing. It's the exact same thing with christmas. It is nothing more than a commercialised holiday, but ignoring that it is a day where families that spend 99% of the year not speaking feel compelled to sit together and be civil for the day. I believe that is important.

    Keep fighting the system you guys, the internet will always be here for those lonely nights.
    again, if youre not doing this on a regular basis without the need of the excuse of a commercial holiday then there is something FUNDAMENTALY wrong with your family set up.
  • Metalfish 14 Feb 2010 12:26:29 8,787 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Settle down. Valentines is an excuse to buy
    Shortened that for you.

    /Jazz hands
  • dufftownallan 14 Feb 2010 12:27:24 4,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    Happy sex day. Buy cheap arse card for gf, get guaranteed sex. Social contructs FTW!
    while you're here, i have these magic beans on me, going cheap at £100 a pop, fancy it?
  • FWB 14 Feb 2010 12:29:47 43,809 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On Valentine's Day in Japan the girls give the guys gifts. Usually chocolates. Catch is, exactly a month later there is White Day where the guy is expected to then return the thought.... a thousand times over.

    I agree it's a bit rubbish that one day of the year has to be designated for some couples to show some love, but that's no reason to get pissed off at the day. Just ignore it, like blizeh (for some of you).
  • dufftownallan 14 Feb 2010 12:34:47 4,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    I don't like having a day where I have to buy flowers and a gift and make nice meal dictated to me.

    However, the wife would either get really upset or really angry if I ignored Valentines day so it's just not worth the hassle to not go through the pre-defined motions.
    and yet if you did all of those nice things on september 20th she wouldnt bat a fucking eyelid...
  • dufftownallan 14 Feb 2010 12:38:50 4,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    does she co-op game with you? theres your amunition right there if she doesnt...
  • ElectricDemon 14 Feb 2010 12:40:59 2,417 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck Valentine's Day.

    /got dumped on Wednesday

    :'(
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 12:41:23
    dufftownallan wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Settle down. Valentines is an excuse to buy some flowers. It's nothing more than that. It doesn't mean that you ignore her for the rest of the year, it is just a day where you can both do something special for each other. Just like Christmas. Fighting the system just stinks of looking for immature excuses :)

    And don't be a prick.
    and you cant do this at any other time of the year because...?
    imo people who do anything for valentines day has a huge lack of imagination.
    /eats heart shaped chocolates
    You can, like I said, but it just so happens that today is the day a lot of people are doing it and I'm not petulant enough to purposely not buy flowers just because everyone else is. I like having an excuse to do something nice for her, valentines day is one of those excuses. If you people really can't see this and can only focus on the fact that it is a commercialised holiday then I feel for you. As it stands this is just a nice day where we both do something nice for each other and put just a tiny bit of extra effort into our relationship.

    Keep fighting the system while I'm having freaky sex. I'm sure Rage Against the Machine and your girlfriend really appreciate it. :)
  • ScoutTech 14 Feb 2010 12:47:44 2,423 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it incredibly sad that this is the closest thing to a real valentines I'm gonna get? :(

    /can't even muster the usual pretense that the post man got lost.
  • Deleted user 14 February 2010 12:47:48
    If I can't say 'banana' the bowels releasing should let her know.
  • trip919 14 Feb 2010 12:48:13 2,259 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iíve got nobody special, nobody. My lifeís a never-ending merry-go-round of meaningless sex, and I fucking love it.
  • Chopsen 14 Feb 2010 12:48:55 15,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually xmas is a bit different. Some families live far apart and have busy lives, and getting everybody together at one time would be difficult without some kind of festival to act as a focus. It's a chance to meet people who you can care deeply for, but for various reasons find it difficult to see regularly. Family is important.

    Valentines day is a load of bollocks, and more comparable to New Years Eve. Fuck off, don't tell me how to enjoy myself.
  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

Log in or register to reply