Any US only games worth looking out for?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • secombe 11 Feb 2009 19:17:39 1,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I appreciate that the exchange rate isn't great at the moment, but as I'm heading over at the weekend, are there are any interesting DS games that are out in the US but not over here yet?

I shall be looking to get Air Traffic Chaos, anything else?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 11 Feb 2009 19:45:12 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't think of one right now. All the US games I have are out in Europe in the mean time; There aren't that many US only games on the DS as far as I can tell.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2009 19:48:14
    I think Retro Game Challenge just came out over there. It's basically a collection of NES-like games, but they're all brand new (not ports).

Might not be your cup of tea, but just throwing it out there.
  • el_pollo_diablo 11 Feb 2009 21:35:08 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have a nice time.

No idea about games though.
  • secombe 12 Feb 2009 18:19:28 1,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cid wrote:
    I think Retro Game Challenge just came out over there. It's basically a collection of NES-like games, but they're all brand new (not ports).

Cheers, that looks pretty darn good actually. Got some cracking reviews already.

Will stick that on the "must buy" list.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 12 Feb 2009 20:40:24 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That retro game does indeed look very nice. If you get it, let us know how it is.
  • Saladin 12 Feb 2009 20:45:16 669 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Air Traffic Chaos is a definite must-have. Aside from that, I don't really know of any DS games that've really grabbed me recently.
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2009 21:16:35 14,826 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was just coming in to post about Air Traffic Chaos best game I have played on the DS for ages.
  • Lutz 12 Feb 2009 21:17:56 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Suikoden is coming out on DS
  • JinTypeNoir 12 Feb 2009 21:21:52 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retro Game Challenge came out a year and a half ago in Japan as Game Center CX. You may have heard of it back then. It was an awesome game and it still is now. Better yet, the sequel's coming out a few days from now! This time it has an old-school adventure game and RPG on top of the other genres!

As for US-made games, I recommend Big Bang Mini, the fireworks shmup. Counter to the review on this site, I think it's easy to control and the separation of screens is natural and well-considered. Better yet, its really original, has lots of content, really works the fireworks theme and is challenging in a different way than most shmups, since missed shots create debree you have to dodge. Also watch out for Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure.
  • SirScratchalot 12 Feb 2009 22:11:49 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jin spaketh the truth about Big Bang Mini. Highly recommended.
  • HiddenAway 12 Feb 2009 23:12:36 14,994 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Jin spaketh the truth about Big Bang Mini. Highly recommended.

If you have a Wii, there's a free demo on the Nintendo Channel too :-)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Doomspoon 14 Feb 2009 14:22:27 2,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cid wrote:

I'm quite impressed by this, really enjoyed the first 8 challenges that I've played.
  • secombe 22 Feb 2009 00:27:08 1,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I picked up Retro Game Challenge and Professor Layton in the end.

Haven't played Layton yet but put in a good few hours on Retro Game Challenge (eventually found in Nintendo World New York, of all places) at the Airport, wonderfully executed game and I love the whole feel to it so far. Definitely a great purchase so thanks to those who gave the heads up on that one.
  • xagarath 24 Feb 2009 13:41:28 99 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rocket Slime was US-only, and amazing.
  • aine 25 Feb 2009 11:46:02 717 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pop cutie. seriously.
    as i said once before:
    it's a DS game with "fashion" in the title, which means it will be instantly overlooked by everyone who isn't an 11 year old girl, but it is in fact not lazy bandwagon-jumping shite that you might expect to find published by ubisoft or some german company you've never heard of. no! it's actually good! and it's made by koei! theyre not releasing it in europe though.
  • JinTypeNoir 25 Feb 2009 16:19:59 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahhhhh, I know what game you're talking about, it's probably That's QT!, which has its origins way back on the PlayStation and is more of a focused management game, in the vein of those you find on the PC about different types of business. That and Girl's Mode, I think, do their developers proud by not assuming women will accept any old cack that comes their way.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2009 23:29:02
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Also watch out for Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure.
    It's actually being released in the UK this month and available for pre-order from Amazon or PLAY for 14.99 only.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next