• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • kissthestick 9 Feb 2009 16:08:34 1,003 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THE DEAD WALK AGAIN AS CAPCOM CONFIRMS DEAD RISINGTM 2
    Sequel to 1.5 million-plus seller announced for multiple gaming platforms
    London – February 9, 2009 - Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Dead Rising™ 2 is in development for three different gaming platforms: the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment’s PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and the PC. The sequel to the 1.5 million-plus selling Dead Rising™, Dead Rising 2 will take the franchise to a new level of zombie-killing fun with tens of thousands of zombies, the all new gambling paradise of Fortune City to explore and conquer plus a host of new in-game objects that can all be used as deadly weapons to stave off the zombie assault.

Dead Rising 2 is set several years after the infamous zombie invasion of Willamette. Unfortunately, the zombie virus was not contained at the conclusion of Dead Rising, spreading unchecked throughout the United States and Dead Rising 2 depicts a country where zombie outbreaks continue to strike.

Dead Rising 2 is being developed in partnership with up and coming Canadian developer Blue Castle Games. A number of members from the original Dead Rising team will be working alongside Blue Castle Games throughout the development process, including Capcom’s global head of research and development, Keiji Inafune, who as the game’s Producer will play an active role in the project.

Released in 2006, Dead Rising won praise across the globe for its mix of intense zombie action and dark humour, garnering numerous awards including IGN’s “Most Innovative Design for Xbox 360”, Gamespot’s “Best Action-Adventure Game” for 2006 and “Action Game of the Year” at the 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Further details concerning the story and gameplay of Dead Rising 2 will be made available shortly.

ABOUT CAPCOM
    Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man and Devil May Cry. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Tokyo Korea and Hong Kong, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom can be found on the company web site, www.capcom.com.
    ###

Capcom, Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Dark Void and Street Fighter are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. “All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

ABOUT BLUE CASTLE GAMES
    Blue Castle Games is a full service 3rd party developer located in Vancouver, Canada. Formed in 2005, Blue Castle fulfilled a desire to start a company where creativity, experience and hard work come together to create outstanding games. Blue Castle’s highly experienced teams provide predictable development cycles, stable multiplatform development and the highest levels of quality. More information can be found on the company website, www.bluecastlegames.com.

Screens:
    http://www.pslife.dk/images/screenshots/68/000002_org.jpg
    http://www.pslife.dk/images/screenshots/68/000003_org.jpg
    http://www.pslife.dk/images/screenshots/68/000004_org.jpg
    http://www.pslife.dk/images/screenshots/68/000001_org.jpg
  • Xerx3s 9 Feb 2009 16:10:21 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unless they fix the horribly broken elements from the original, it's a no buy for me.
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2009 16:11:06 58,829 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One of the horribly broken elements *not* being the save system.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• the_dudefather 9 Feb 2009 16:13:06 9,202 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yay!

but anything like the bloody respawning jeep convicts and I'll not be a happy puppy

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Cappy 9 Feb 2009 16:13:24 11,831 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No buy for me, they didn't put the original game on the PS3 and I hate picking things up after the 'start' even if the game isn't a strict continuation.
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Feb 2009 16:13:56 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm... different dev team.

/hesitates
  • ballz 9 Feb 2009 16:15:27 495 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great news :)
  • PearOfAnguish 9 Feb 2009 16:15:40 7,144 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PC huh? Probably another broken conversion...
    We like having your games on PC, Capcom, but you have to make them work properly first.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Feb 2009 16:17:20 25,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Eeeeexcellent.

Still the best 360 game EVAR.
  • kalel 9 Feb 2009 16:17:30 86,403 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    No buy for me, they didn't put the original game on the PS3 and I hate picking things up after the 'start' even if the game isn't a strict continuation.

That’s a bit mental if you don’t mind me saying. With films and such I can understand it, but computer games are often awful at a first attempt but then get it right on the next go. Dead Rising in particular was hardly narrative heavy.
  • andywilkie35 9 Feb 2009 16:17:33 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    yay!

but anything like the bloody respawning jeep convicts and I'll not be a happy puppy

spot on, christ those arseholes were annoying as fuck! If they fix the save system too that'll be much appreciated

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Machetazo 9 Feb 2009 16:18:15 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Liking those screens, particularly the theme they've gone for. Very nice! Which also validates the 'viral' trailer found on Youtube the other day.
    I'm caught between buy asap, and wait for details, but I'm enthusiastic at this stage.
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2009 16:18:26 58,829 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

That’s a bit mental if you don’t mind me saying. With films and such I can understand it, but computer games are often awful at a first attempt but then get it right on the next go. Dead Rising in particular was hardly narrative heavy.

Exactly. Its not like all the poor buggers who only played MGS4.

He totally called it

• Lutz 9 Feb 2009 16:25:33 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Save system is NOT broken in DR FFS...It's different that what you want, but it works fine as it is. Christ on a bike.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Feb 2009 16:28:46 25,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The man speaks the truth.
  • Chopsen 9 Feb 2009 16:28:52 15,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The save system is not broken.

It's just stupid.

The item management was worse.
  • kalel 9 Feb 2009 16:29:19 86,403 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Cappy 9 Feb 2009 16:29:20 11,831 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

Of course it's dependent on the spacing between releases also. If the original Dead Rising was released a decade ago it wouldn't really matter since the sequel would be a fresh start, but the first game was actually fairly recent.

I don't think it's an uncommon preference. Look at the woeful sales of Condemned 2 on the PS3, some of us like to start from the beginning.
  • Lutz 9 Feb 2009 16:30:09 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It makes me laugh really. When you played 90% of games in the early nineties, if you died, you went back to the beginning, end of discussion. At least with DR you get to keep your stats!

Item manamgement was... poor, though. Could have been better.
  • kalel 9 Feb 2009 16:30:46 86,403 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

Of course it's dependent on the spacing between releases also. If the original Dead Rising was released a decade ago it wouldn't really matter since the sequel would be a fresh start, but the first game was actually fairly recent.

I don't think it's an uncommon preference. Look at the woeful sales of Condemned 2 on the PS3, some of us like to start from the beginning.

Yeah, a game that did have a strong narrative that was directly continued in the second game.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Feb 2009 16:31:33 25,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cappy, you really aren't missing out on much storywise.
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2009 16:32:03 58,829 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, Frank could move and fire at the same time.

He totally called it

• kalel 9 Feb 2009 16:32:21 86,403 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    It makes me laugh really. When you played 90% of games in the early nineties, if you died, you went back to the beginning, end of discussion. At least with DR you get to keep your stats!

That was a hangover from arcade days, when games were designed around you shovelling coins in. They weren't designed that way because they were fun. If anything you just negated your own argument.
  • spindle9988 9 Feb 2009 16:32:56 3,503 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Eeeeexcellent.

Still the best 360 game EVAR.

If its the only 360 game you've ever played
  • Lutz 9 Feb 2009 16:33:05 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DR story:

Virus breaks out. All a government cover up.
    You try to find survivors in a mall.
    They escape on helicopter (or not, dependingon ending)
    You get infected
    You find cure
    You escape.
  • Psychotext 9 Feb 2009 16:34:19 53,849 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sweeeeet. Should be a blast. :)
  • Lutz 9 Feb 2009 16:34:42 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    If anything you just negated your own argument.
    Um, I don't see how?
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2009 16:34:54 58,829 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There was a movie or TV show that had the exact same plot (humans getting greedy and bad things happening) and I cant remember for the life of me what it is. its bugging the hell out of me.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 9 February 2009 16:35:27
    Lutz failed to write:
    Save system is NOT broken in DR FFS...It's different that what you want, but it works fine as it is. Christ on a bike.
  • glaeken 9 Feb 2009 16:36:30 11,100 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well the save system killed the game stone dead for me. I am not even sure why but it just made the game seem like a chore.

If the actual game events had waited for your arrival before being triggered just like they do in most RPG's I am sure it would have been fine but the idea of having to constantly think about if you were going to be able to make it on time to an event really took all the fun out of it for me.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous