Battlefield 1943 Page 24

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• Sub-kamikaze 9 Jul 2009 09:08:21 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure about the sniper scope in this. The turn time is way too slow when zoomed in so you can't really track a target if they're running. Also, I think it should be a one shot kill to the chest.
  • rutter 9 Jul 2009 09:10:19 1,919 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, in terms of playing with friends you can either; start a lobby and invite everyone, hoping that you can fill all 24 slots required to start the game, or, do a squad match, invite 3 friends and the 4 of you go into a random match as a team?

Did anyone manage to sucessfully just join a game one of their friends were in?
  • Hog-lumps 9 Jul 2009 09:11:11 947 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    There is.
    I also flipped my controls over as well so its much easier to fly.

\o/

I knew you could invert the controls, but didn't know you could flip them over as well. This should be much better as it did feel weird steering/rolling with the right stick to me!
  • GuiltySpark 9 Jul 2009 09:18:48 6,468 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm, this won't let me download the demo, or even access it on the marketplace at all.

Get bent.

• PiD 9 Jul 2009 09:23:14 3,566 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    There is.

\o/ Thank fuck for that. I was finding it totally backwards to pitch/roll on the right stick.
  • Paperghost 9 Jul 2009 09:26:20 1,702 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    according to some random guy who read the whole ea agreement thing at the start, microsoft send them your "payment details". i can understand generic (or not so generic) personal info, but payment details?? wonder if that's just some boilerplate text that's been left in.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2009 09:28:08 26,630 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What a brilliant little game.

None of the changes made to streamline it have really affected anything and it feels so good to be back in the Pacific, especially when it looks a nice as it does now. If they can just get extra servers sorted out so I do have to spend most of the evening sat in the Main MMen, it would be even better.

Best 1200 points EVAR.
  • malteaserhead 9 Jul 2009 09:28:54 13,444 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PiD wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    There is.

\o/ Thank fuck for that. I was finding it totally backwards to pitch/roll on the right stick.
    /joins in with the rejoicing
    I know it was used in other BF games but having acceleration and braking on the left trigger & bumper is slightly confusing for even the land vehicles.
  • pjmaybe 9 Jul 2009 09:31:21 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is so good it should be made illegal!

Apologies to people I sent invites out to / sent invites to me, it was really hard to get a game going or to get into a game but once you do - you're loathe to move!

Brilliant stuff though, once I'd stopped wrestling with the controls this really felt like classic battlefield but improved immensely. New Wake Island has some ace improvements to alleviate some of the pinch points and problems with the old map.

I think I'll end up losing myself to this game for quite some time to come. See you on the battlefield later on :)
  • GuiltySpark 9 Jul 2009 09:34:35 6,468 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Hmm, this won't let me download the demo, or even access it on the marketplace at all.

Does anyone mind checking this for me? As in, just click on it in Marketplace and see if it loads to the screen where you can download the game/demo, thanks.

Get bent.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 9 Jul 2009 09:36:22 4,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:

Does anyone mind checking this for me? As in, just click on it in Marketplace and see if it loads to the screen where you can download the game/demo, thanks.

Here you go - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841097e/?of=7

Erm, they've bumped the price up to 90000 points. Bargain!

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Mr-Brett 9 Jul 2009 09:38:34 12,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Weird that I still can't get games this morning, I mean come on who else is playing at half nine in the morning? There should be plenty of space on the servers.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 9 Jul 2009 09:40:00 4,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe they've shut them down for maintenance at a time when they figured very few people would be on.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Deleted user 9 July 2009 09:40:58
    Sorry to anyone on my team last night, I can't shoot for shit with a 360 pad.

/practices.
  • LeoliansBro 9 Jul 2009 09:41:17 44,963 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a few games at about quarter to seven this morning, worked fine then.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Scurrminator 9 Jul 2009 09:42:17 8,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    a comment from one tester was that they had to take down servers last night at one point and only 5000 could play at any one time!
    Not official

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mr-Brett 9 Jul 2009 09:43:46 12,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah found one now, the servers are still up!

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2009 09:46:00 26,630 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I need to get a few more of you on my friends list. At one point I was in a party of 10 of us, but could only actually hear LB.

Whilst I quite enjoyed his gin-powered commentary of the game, the one way direction of any conversation was a little confusing :)
  • LFMartins 9 Jul 2009 09:48:45 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rutter wrote:
    So, in terms of playing with friends you can either; start a lobby and invite everyone, hoping that you can fill all 24 slots required to start the game, or, do a squad match, invite 3 friends and the 4 of you go into a random match as a team?

Did anyone manage to sucessfully just join a game one of their friends were in?

I did once. Joined through Uglygamer, there were some familiar EG faces there.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2009 09:51:22 26,630 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can confirm that you did shoot me in the face.
  • montywithnail 9 Jul 2009 09:52:10 430 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tried to join in last night. I got a little confused trying to join StarchildHypocrethes party/games and then got stuck waiting for a game of my own to come free. Eventually go online with very little lag (although not til 10ish last night) looks good although the maps are going to get dull quickly - how many get relaesed when we hi tthe kill total?
  • LeoliansBro 9 Jul 2009 09:53:26 44,963 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /promises to keep the chatternig drivel to a minimum tonight

• StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2009 09:56:12 26,630 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah, I quite enjoyed the drivel. It was atmospheric, like having a druken squad mate stood just beside me :)
  • LFMartins 9 Jul 2009 09:58:38 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There should be more people talking. Every game i got in was almost silent.
  • Shinzou 9 Jul 2009 10:01:29 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Erm, they've bumped the price up to 90000 points. Bargain!

I saw this earlier this morning. I guess they really don't want anymore people buying it at the moment!
  • Hog-lumps 9 Jul 2009 10:03:03 947 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LFMartins wrote:
    There should be more people talking. Every game i got in was almost silent.

This was the same for me too :(
  • malteaserhead 9 Jul 2009 10:03:50 13,444 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    /promises to keep the chatternig drivel to a minimum tonight
  • BadDevotions 9 Jul 2009 10:03:56 509 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    odd - i have just purchased this for 1200 :S

can't wait to have a game - unfortunately that may not be for a few days :(

Hit me up for Destiny games! 360 and xbone GT: bad devotious

• Deleted user 9 July 2009 10:07:39
    I connected after about seven or eight attempts, then I played for around 45 seconds, then it disconnected. YAY!
  • LeoliansBro 9 Jul 2009 10:07:42 44,963 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Join my game for the ultimate in ear-splitting racket! Sample below.

Woo I'm in finally right CHARGE let's go how do I get the boat off the big boat thing the aircraft carrier hang on are there any planes left no OK left trigger hello gunner man are you coming with me RRRAAARRRR let's park in that boat house shallwe whoops fucked that up a bit never mind right kill kill kill DIE YOU BASTARD eat katana oh dead come on come on come on come on right let's get him where I am oh dead come on COME ON whoo a jeep I'm comgin guys wait where are you is that plane ours it's awfully close aargh tank oh dead bugger

• Page

of 105 First / Last