Fragile first impressions Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Pac-man-ate-my-wife 12 Feb 2009 17:10:12 7,010 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Problem is that Klonoa is going to bomb (you all know it will) so they'll be scared off bringing it over.
  • Sean.Aaron 13 Feb 2009 14:17:59 2,531 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't see why. Klonoa as pretty as it is, is still an old platform game with a Wii facelift; Fragile is a new and interesting property (not to slag Klonoa, but despite the little twists here and there it's still a traditional platform game and hence, not of much interest to me).

The D3 purchase will hopefully give Namco the presence to do a proper EU release of this game.

Please?

I have mailed D3 to express my wishes for this to be so (and any Tales games that might be coming to Wii). Do join me: info@d3p.co.uk is the address.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 13 Feb 2009 15:21:11 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like D3. They seem to publish a lot of the games I am interested in that don't look like they would get a European release otherwise.
  • Sean.Aaron 13 Feb 2009 17:34:23 2,531 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, definitely seems like a good choice for Namco if they want to self-publish overseas; hopefully this will improve our chances of seeing Fragile and Tales releases!
  • sargulesh 26 Aug 2009 00:04:26 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did you complete this, JtN, and what were your final impressions?
  • Fletche 5 Nov 2009 10:15:43 3,418 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    US release early next year, not sure about EU yet though

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/104/1042251p1.html
  • TorisuRSG 9 Nov 2009 11:09:23 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi, I work for Rising Star Games. We aim to release Fragile in the EU in March 2010.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 9 Nov 2009 11:31:44 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't wait :)
  • Tonka 9 Nov 2009 11:34:21 20,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Neither can I.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• S.J.Rogers 9 Nov 2009 11:59:11 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Now I'm sad I sold my Wii.

Nah only joking the Wii is fucking shit.

LOL

+1
  • Blerk Moderator 16 Feb 2010 14:01:09 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    March 19th for Europe.

Rising Star Games confirms Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon for 19th March release

Begin the search for survivors in a beautiful but ravaged world and unravel one of the Wii's greatest mysteries

Tuesday 16th February 2010: Leading videogames publisher Rising Star Games today confirms that Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon will be released throughout Europe on 19th March, exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.

Set in a post-apocalyptic vision of Japan, Fragile Dreams is a fantasy adventure game that takes place in a world seemingly devoid of human life. Consequently, gamers will experience an acute sense of isolation as they guide an abandoned young boy named Seto, who is searching for survivors on the way to his final destination.

An engaging and unique game, as the story unfolds the gamer gradually begins to make sense of the desolate world while fending off ghosts and other hostile creatures, using the Wiimote as both weapon and torch.

Visually stunning, audio is also crucial in Fragile Dreams - along with an emotional soundtrack, ghostly sounds emanate from the Wiimote's speaker, adding to the eerie environment. It can also be pointed at the source of a sound and used as an aid to detect key items and locations.

"We're delighted to be able to announce a release date for Fragile Dreams," says Martin Defries, managing director, Rising Star Games. "As soon as gamers start playing it, they will become engrossed in the storyline and focused on unravelling the mysteries of this deserted world."

The game is highly anticipated and has already received a 31/40 Famitsu score in its native Japan, becoming one of the top selling games during its week of release.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is released on 19th March for the Nintendo Wii.
  • Cappy 16 Feb 2010 14:04:31 11,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd really love to play this. Wish they'd done a PS2 port. :(
  • Sean.Aaron 16 Feb 2010 21:09:49 2,531 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Preview is up at NL (we have a dev box now and can preview WiiWare and disc pre-release code).

GAME finally has an entry as well so you can pre-order it. 24.99 seems good to me and I had 2.50 in points - can't wait!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 16 Feb 2010 23:48:33 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm certainly interested and if the "more exploration than combat" holds true then even better. However, have the characters always look that cartoonish when it was first revealed? I don't remember them looking so bright and colorful, certainly a somewhat odd contrast given the rather detailed environments.
  • Sean.Aaron 17 Feb 2010 13:04:37 2,531 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes, I seem to recall they did have an "anime-look" to them and stood out against the backgrounds in the first videos I remember seeing of the Japanese version.
  • Sharks 17 Feb 2010 13:39:20 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cappy wrote:

Get a Wii! It isn't that bad, honestly.
  • angerisagift 2 Mar 2010 19:49:06 1,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sold! got my pre-order in with Shopto and you may call me mad, but I actually bit the bullet and Bought a Wii console today, specifically for this game. Absolutely barking.

XBL GT: C0keMachineGl0w
    PSN ID: StarrySummerSky

• trip919 2 Mar 2010 19:51:44 2,271 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This looks great. Right up my street.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2010 19:53:48
    Not mad, reckon its a good time to pick up a Wii, decent back catalogue built up, with a fair number of games about this spring and with a decent summer lined up.

Fragile does look very charming, not too sure about the need to throw in combat (when will developers learn?) but its precisely the sort of leftfield game that made the PS2 line up so great.

Pity it is coming out in the same month as everything else as publishers large and small throw out titles before the end of the financial year.
  • Cappy 2 Mar 2010 19:55:07 11,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sharks wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

After the N64 and Gamecube, never again.
  • angerisagift 2 Mar 2010 19:59:34 1,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, I've been researching the Wii-specific back catalogue for a while before finally giving in to Nintendo and ponying up. I've snapped up Silent Hill:Shattered memories, Dead Space:Extraction, HotD:overkill, Resi Evil 4, Okami and Zelda Twilight Princess. These are all games that are right up my street but either didn't make it to my other two consoles or are Wii-specific remakes.

Plus of course, this Fragile game, which definitely sounds like my kinda thing. Bonus is that the gf is going to buy all the Mario games as she loves all that stuff. Should keep her happy.

XBL GT: C0keMachineGl0w
    PSN ID: StarrySummerSky

• Deleted user 3 March 2010 10:26:32
    Cappy wrote:
    Sharks wrote:

After the N64 and Gamecube, never again.

Yes. Two such terrible consoles. Neither of them had any memorable games or did anything special compared to their competitors.

Apart from:
    [Post cut due to excessive length]
  • Cappy 3 Mar 2010 10:54:08 11,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Both good consoles but extremely short on worthwhile games.

Nevermind though, the Wii makes both look brilliant in hindsight with an even more patchy and sparse catalogue of titles.

• Deleted user 4 March 2010 07:27:07
    Cappy wrote:
    Both good consoles but extremely short on worthwhile games.

Nevermind though, the Wii makes both look brilliant in hindsight with an even more patchy and sparse catalogue of titles.

"Me and my friends agree that we don't want to play these games."

Great. Thanks for that. Next time I make a Thai curry, I'll ask you (and your friends!!!) whether they would eat it. Perhaps you would call it 'foreign slop' and direct me to make a pot noodle.
    And maybe you'll also endorse unprotected sex with prostitutes.

Because I listen to and respect what you say for no other reason that you sincerely mean it from your lofty vantage point of yourself.
  • Cappy 4 Mar 2010 21:05:27 11,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Time for somebody to wheel out a list I guess. It would make more sense than that meaningless diatribe.

If I'm finding no games I want to play for 6-12 month periods, call me hardline but I consider that not enough. It happened with the N64, it happened with the Gamecube I suspect the Wii would also follow that pattern.

You seem to be completely incapable of controlling yourself, Nintendo must be defended. Without question. Do you patrol just this forum making a nuisance of yourself fighting for the sweet love of Nintendo or do you spread yourself around?
  • Deleted user 4 March 2010 23:13:55
    Cappy wrote:
    If I'm finding no games I want to play for 6-12 month periods, call me hardline but I consider that not enough.

How fascinating. What else don't you like that you can tell me about? I'd love to hear it.

While we're talking about it, you can ask me why I'm so bothered about you telling me about what you don't like. Because it's apparently important that you come into a forum about something you don't like to tell me, and others, that you don't like that thing.

I look forward to meeting you on other forums about things you don't like so you can tell me you don't like the things that those forums are about. And then we can have a discussion about how you are on a forum about things you don't like that involves you thinking I am somehow mentally incapacitated because, yet again, I am somewhat sarcastic about your actions regarding telling me you don't like a thing in a place dedicated to talking about the very thing you are expressly coming on to say you don't like.

See you soon!
  • Sharks 4 Mar 2010 23:48:18 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well this thread has taken an inscrutable turn for the worst.

Back to something somewhat relevant: I would never really let precedence sway me when it comes to consoles. Opprobrium aside there's a lot of good stuff in the Wii, it just has to be unearthed under the mountains of publicised pap. Last year was dismal, but this year looks very, very promising.

N64 I never owned and I don't have a high opinion of it myself either, that ghastly controller alone was a big enough deterrent.

Gamecube however was very good, and was a case of quality > quantity for me. I never found myself abandoning it for any lengthy period, and I could easily compile a list but I don't think it's worth my time since I'd just be extracting names from my games collection list. Counting multi-format titles, it could have absolutely been depended on last generation, and I say that from experience, since I didn't get a PS2 until 2007 and I still don't own an Xbox, although I've played plenty of it. Also, last generation was perhaps my favourite to date.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2010 07:33:07
    Sharks wrote:
    Also, last generation was perhaps my favourite to date.

It certainly wasn't terrible, but what stood out for you so strongly?
    All I can think of is SoTC in terms of summing up something really exciting about the previous gen. Otherwise I remember a lot of really good, polished games (e.g. Pikmin: nothing too new, but it was done very well).
  • Sean.Aaron 5 Mar 2010 15:43:47 2,531 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stompy wrote:brilliant comeback deleted
    See you soon!

You are now my favourite EG poster.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last