• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 5 March 2010 17:40:35
    Sean.Aaron wrote:
    Stompy wrote:brilliant comeback deleted
    See you soon!

You are now my favourite EG poster.

I always was, it's just you couldn't admit it yet.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2010 09:50:37
    Can I apologise to Cappy for this? Although it was mildly amusing to some, I did take it a bit far - Cappy knows about what s/he is talking and is fully allowed to express his/her opinion.

Just having a stressful week.
  • Sean.Aaron 8 Mar 2010 15:42:22 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stompy wrote:
    Can I apologise to Cappy for this? Although it was mildly amusing to some, I did take it a bit far - Cappy knows about what s/he is talking and is fully allowed to express his/her opinion.

Just having a stressful week.

Apology disappoints - oh and the N64 was an ugly-ass piece of shite with ugly-ass 3D games on it.
  • Sharks 8 Mar 2010 15:43:42 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sean.Aaron wrote:
    Apology disappoints - oh and the N64 was an ugly-ass piece of shite with ugly-ass 3D games on it.

What games made you dislike the N64?
  • Sean.Aaron 8 Mar 2010 17:18:37 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mario 64, but really I don't like the look of old 3D console games, they just look awful to me - even the Playstation ones I used to own.

Slightly on-topic I'd like to note that I'm eagerly anticipating Fragile, which looks much better than anything on the N64.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2010 20:52:30
    If you can't make your expectations meet reality, you'll have even less success asking reality to meet your expectations.
  • Sean.Aaron 9 Mar 2010 10:44:51 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What is this the ashram of zen thought? I thought we were talking about Fragile and slagging the N64?
  • FabricatedLunatic 17 Mar 2010 18:33:25 12,994 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Out Friday. 22.99 at Gameplay. So very tempting :-|
  • Fletche 22 Mar 2010 12:18:39 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only briefly played this (GoW 3 is taking up my time really) so can't comment on the gameplay really, although from what I have played it takes a little getting used to, but just have to say that it looks gorgeous, from the painted backgrounds to the animation you won't find many games on the Wii that just look as good as this.
  • Sean.Aaron 22 Mar 2010 15:31:16 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It does look nice. I find the controls a little clunky: I have trouble telling how far I am from enemies in the action bits, and I was a bit disappointed in some of the level design with benches and things that should be easy to climb over becoming barriers to guide your travel. Still this isn't really an action game and the story is certainly engaging and heartfelt as is the delivery of dialogue (playing with dub first).

Liking what I see; lack of any North American reviews means I can chill out for a few days with this game and see what more there is to find.
  • Binny 11 Sep 2010 18:58:50 187 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    About half way in to this & it's very good indeed. I don't know what all the negitive reviews are about! It's only real downfall is the combat, which isn't that great but does get a little better as you progress. The music, atmosphere & graphics are excellent.
  • Hodders 16 Sep 2010 23:21:06 85 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Keep meaning to pick this up it really seems up my street :)
  • figaro7 6 Feb 2012 21:09:56 1,362 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Massive bump, is this game worth the punt? Ive seen some videos and it looks quite good, ive read the combat isnt that flash but the story is excellent? Anyone recommend it for those that have played it?
  • LeoliansBro 6 Feb 2012 21:21:48 43,262 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't order it as I've not noticed a wii game since mariokart and things become scarce for a reason.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• JinTypeNoir 7 Feb 2012 00:31:02 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a great game. If people were disappointed, I think they were expecting a modern RPG with all sorts of complex systems and the standard Devil May Cry-type of the modern idea of in-depth combat. It isn't that. It's simple and to the point with the trappings of survival horror and the dungeon hack combined to make a poignant and compelling experience that is neither. It's true that by the end is ultimately somewhat less than what it builds up to -- in that we face another megalomaniac with weird plans instead of the more personal tale it seemed to want to tell -- but this doesn't lessen the impact of the earlier stuff at all.

Broaden your horizons a little and I think you'll really appreciate what it goes for.
  • figaro7 26 Mar 2012 21:45:52 1,362 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well i did order it and fired about an hour into it, ill have to give it more time as i wasnt impressed with it, it looks nice, the cutscenes are great and the voice acting is good, but it just came away quite boring. Ill give it another chance though.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jul 2012 22:31:41 10,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just played the first hour of this.
    It's lovely, great visuals and art style as well as atmosphere and controls.
    The one annoyance is the constant stop-starting, does that improve?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next