The Daily Fail fails again! Page 76

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• RobTheBuilder 25 Mar 2013 16:40:27 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun indeed we don't want that. But the papers are overreacting hideously. It's their own actions that have forced this process.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 16:41:10 43,321 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    She was hounded to her death by the press after Littlejohn drew attention to her.

He may not have done anything wrong but to feel no remorse, let alone attempt to defend himself... These are not the responses of a pleasant man.
    I wasn't aware he had actually responded at all.
    The Daily Mail has responded and he hasn't refuted this.

I'm aware I'm dabbling in a grey area but this calls for a complete and public apology to start with. Not hiding behind a defensive smokescreen.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 25 Mar 2013 16:49:30 86,437 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To suggest Littlejohn feels no remorse seems a bit unfounded.

I think as others have suggested, that we should be directing the outraged response at The Mail if anything.
  • Chopsen 25 Mar 2013 16:50:32 15,752 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @nickthegun the problem is that the press have too much power which makes it harder for the government to limit it. Also, Cameron doesn't really want to reform.
    They dont have the power, not anymore.
    Oh I don't know. Maybe not with people who've experienced life beyond more than 50 miles of where they were born, and/or have have developed the ability to look at what they're told critically.

For a lot of people they have a lot of influence, if only in terms of legitimatising their prejudices and giving them something to cling to when they feel challenged. Not me though. Some of my best friends are black gay transexual immigrant communists.
  • nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 17:00:20 58,946 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They are increasingly marginalised now and really struggle to influence a groundswell of opinion.

As seen by the fact that absolutely nobody gave a shit about this campaign or petition before the person in question topped themselves. Even The Daily Mail readers couldnt care less about a transsexual teacher.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Dougs 25 Mar 2013 17:52:32 66,759 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a generational thing too... My old dear, Mail reader and proud of it, believes everything if it's written down. If it's in black and white, it's gospel.
  • mal 25 Mar 2013 18:34:39 22,341 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I assume the mail have taken down the Littlejohn article, as I certainly can't see it in this list.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• mcmothercruncher 25 Mar 2013 18:44:46 6,505 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They removed it the day after the suicide.
  • RobTheBuilder 25 Mar 2013 18:48:53 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mal yes, other people have put it up in other places though
  • mal 25 Mar 2013 19:46:36 22,341 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally found it, after digging through various 'Littlejohn is a shit' websites without even the decency to link it. Even searching for the title's no good as all the moaning sites are referencing it. Got it via web.archive.org in the end.

Seems like a pretty standard Littlejohn nastygram to me - I don't know what else I expected.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• President_Weasel 25 Mar 2013 20:20:32 8,992 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Freedom of speech is important, however if you shout "fire" in a crowded cinema and someone is killed in a stampede for the exits, you should damn well be done for manslaughter.

Littlejohn should face charges, if only to clarify the law (and to really shit him up, the hateful tossbag).
  • RobTheBuilder 27 Mar 2013 20:02:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Petition has reached 200k!
  • Mr-Brett 2 Apr 2013 23:32:44 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Welfare state is responsible for a man killing his children

Edit: I should add that I've not confirmed this is a real front page.

Edited by Mr-Brett at 23:34:44 02-04-2013

Portable view - Never forget.

• Psychotext 2 Apr 2013 23:47:28 53,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was shown on newsnight. It's real enough.

Sick fuckers.
  • RobTheBuilder 2 Apr 2013 23:48:35 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Using the death of innocent children to promote a false agenda. Sickening. Absolutely sickening.
  • President_Weasel 2 Apr 2013 23:56:20 8,992 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's everything that's wrong with being a murdering cunt, not everything that's wrong with the welfare system.

Is 60,000 a year to cover 17 children really "staggering"? That's less than 4000 per year per child, which doesn't seem like a lot of money if you have to buy food and clothes and maybe give them a little bit of pocket money, and put a roof over their heads, and buy bedding and stuff.
  • Syrette 3 Apr 2013 01:02:33 43,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup. It's a new low for the Fail.

Read it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303120/Mick-Philpott-Vile-product-welfare-UK-Man-bred-17-babies-women-milk-benefits-guilty-killing-them.html

He treated his 17 sons and daughters like cash cows generating a staggering benefits income of 60,000 a year.

Yesterday, Mick Philpott remained shameless to the last.

The drug-taking layabout, who embodies everything that is wrong with the welfare state, was still smiling even after being convicted of killing six of his children.
    Thought I'd embed it for ease of viewing:

Edited by Syrette at 01:04:23 03-04-2013

• Syrette 3 Apr 2013 01:05:17 43,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, not even the only article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2303071/Michael-Philpott-perfect-parable-age.html

• swede 3 Apr 2013 09:29:53 391 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Incredibly bad journalism. They should be ashamed.

The man is a selfish evil **** it's as simple as that.
    He was prepared to exploit everyone and everything (including the benefit system) to his own end.

I can see a lot of parallels with the (Fred) West's in the way the house 'operated'. So sad.
  • spindizzy 3 Apr 2013 09:39:11 6,428 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Embedding images is the way forward - don't click on mail article links!
  • Nexus_6 3 Apr 2013 09:47:51 3,876 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At least that one poor child appears to be calling him a wanker in that front page pic.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 09:52:09 58,946 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He lived around the corner from my nan and, against every expectation, they were largely good kids, not the feral rats you would expect a situation like that to breed.

By all accounts, he ran quite a tight ship with regard to the children, it was just his bitches who he treated like shit.

He totally called it

• RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 10:29:26 22,103 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dacre: EXTRAPOLATE! STREEEETCH IT, MY FUCKING MINIONS!
    Subs: Oh mighty Dacre, oh lord, but it's just one famil-
    Dacre: IT IS BRITAIN, IT IS EVIL, IT IS WRETCHED IT IS another job well done thanks for my bonus!

Isn't it remarkable that a man can 'breed' children to game the system, and yet the DM finds this remarkable story to be remarkably representative of a society where such a story wouldn't, by their warped logic, be remarkable.

Remarkable!

Edited by RedSparrows at 10:30:34 03-04-2013
  • Tom_Servo 3 Apr 2013 12:20:38 17,330 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw this last night, and it's beyond words frankly. Quite surprising, even for the Mail. It feels like they've gone over a line, but no doubt there'll be no consequences for them. If anything, those articles will be bringing in the readers today.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 12:27:10
    I think it would be quite hard to be a layabout when you have 17 kids. 60k isn't a lot to look after them either.
  • RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 13:52:47 22,103 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's the thing, isn't it: whilst 17 kids is just a tad irresponsible, imo, 60,000 isn't 60,000 for each. It's no use thinking that's a lot of cash when you divide it by 17, or 19, people per annum.

Because it's not.
  • Kid_Icarus 3 Apr 2013 15:03:05 556 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like how the front page is having a go at benefits and the lower classes, whilst the back pages are dedicated to Di Canio being a fascist.

Never change Daily Mail.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 15:28:17 58,946 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Sun didnt keep their powder dry either. Todays headline is genuinely 'CHILD MURDERING BASTARD STABBED ME 60 TIMES'.

He totally called it

• kinky_mong 3 Apr 2013 16:12:03 9,997 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He called one of his kids "Duwayne". Truly an evil, evil bastard!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Commander-Keen 3 Apr 2013 16:22:52 806 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The hysteria of The Wail to one side, it's saddening that one of the most notable features of this story barely gets a mention in the coverage - namely the domestic abuse and violence directed towards the "wives" in the family.

Having done time for stabbing one woman who dared to leave him (and her mum), and having treated the current women like dogs (not allowed keys, not allowed to leave the house without his permission, drove them to work, had to pay their salaries into his account only, etc), it seems a bit odd to me that the whole thing is being spun as being about benefits, when it's obviously about a horrendous, probably sociopathic violent misogynist.

On the strength of the evidence (as reported) I actually feel sorry for his wife. She shouldn't have done what she did and deserves to go to jail, but what a wretched story!
  • Page

of 85 First / Last