The Daily Fail fails again! Page 69

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• Psychotext 28 Jul 2012 15:49:11 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All the good the NHS has ever done, and will ever do massively outweighs the mistakes they may occasionally make... and I say that having lost two people earlier than I should have because of what was wrong with them not being spotted quick enough.
  • the_dudefather 28 Jul 2012 15:53:56 9,418 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reminds me of that letter the DM published from a reader fed up that he had watch less important countries play in the world cup

Countries like 'bongo-bongo land' apperently

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• skuzzbag 28 Jul 2012 21:01:50 5,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Well it was a total fuckup by the hospital staff. It's a bit pathetic to base the whole anti-NHS argument around one terrible mistake.
    The NHS is fuck-up central. Ask anyone who works for them in any capacity and then sit and listen to the stories of wasted money and incompetent people.

I'm pro-NHS as an ideal BTW.
  • DaM 28 Jul 2012 21:16:40 13,529 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's a new hospital in Glasgow, the Victoria, and they've just upped the efficiency, it's great. At the old one (over the road), I'd go for my annual diabetic eye check. Turn up, wait for ages in one waiting room, then down to the main one, another epic wait, countless nurses standing about chatting. New one you turn up at the waiting room, and there isn't even anyone at the desk. At your appt time exactly, a nurse sticks her head out the testing room door and calls you in. Whole visit takes 5 minutes instead of 2 hrs. Fast, efficient, no excess staff. Other clinics are the same, in and out before you have a chance to finish your coffee.
  • Trowel 28 Jul 2012 21:21:13 18,054 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    Dying from dehydration just two days after being admitted?

Would take a week minimum.

Is that paper always that shit?

Wow
    Perhaps find out more about the case first...:
    Mr Gorny, a supermarket employee, was suffering from diabetes insipidus, which leaves the kidneys unable to conserve water.

He was undergoing a hip replacement at the hospital after steroids had weakened his bones.

A post-mortem examination found dehydration caused high sodium levels to lead to his death.
  • Psychotext 28 Jul 2012 22:06:37 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    The NHS is fuck-up central. Ask anyone who works for them in any capacity and then sit and listen to the stories of wasted money and incompetent people.
    Sounds like every large company, everywhere. You wouldn't believe the fuckups I deal with every day in companies across the private sector.

Luckily most of the idiots I deal with aren't responsible for the health of others though (frankly I'm surprised they remember to even feed themselves).
  • Spunkweazle 28 Jul 2012 23:36:51 470 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not racist but..... (commence racist rant)
    I did find it a little odd to see some of the industrialist victorian gents where black, just as i would have found it odd if some of the west indies migrants had been white. Britain is a multi cultural society now, but that could have been portrayed as something that has progressively developed over time, not via some kind of blanket "by the numbers" tokenism

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• Rens11 29 Jul 2012 00:51:24 1,464 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @skuzzbag

Exactly! so much money wasted a ward I know of has to pay 500 for a Doctor to sign a drug chart at the weekend as there is no weekend Doctor's on the ward, every night on most wards there is at least 1 agency staff on 2 to 3 times the pay not including the agencies cut. Many wards have lost their clerks due to budget cuts, increasing the work load onto the nurses it's completley fucked up and then you read articles on how nhs staff lack compassion/time etc. when there is only so many hours to get the work done more mistakes will be made

I could rant all day

Edited by Rens11 at 01:05:42 29-07-2012

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Tom_Servo 29 Jul 2012 19:21:38 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They seem to have taken that article down.
  • Rusty_M 29 Jul 2012 19:50:11 4,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And replaced it with one criticizing a tory MP for daring to call the opening ceremony "left wing crap"

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Psychotext 29 Jul 2012 19:57:24 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, for real? lol
  • Rusty_M 29 Jul 2012 20:34:26 4,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here it is.

The original story is gone gone gone, and the above is sitting there.

A touch hypocritical I reckon. I don't think I've even seen the Mail go to this level.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Psychotext 29 Jul 2012 21:56:27 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh, the highest rated comments there make me quite uncomfortable.
  • monkehhh 30 Jul 2012 00:09:33 3,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Worth following this one - Danny Baker, Graham Lineman, etc got involved after John Walker at RPS documented the Mail editing their story, now the story is gone completely.

http://botherer.org/2012/07/28/the-daily-mail-and-how-an-nhs-death-means-racism-is-fine/
  • RedSparrows 30 Jul 2012 00:42:49 24,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spunkweazle wrote:
    I'm not racist but..... (commence racist rant)
    I did find it a little odd to see some of the industrialist victorian gents where black, just as i would have found it odd if some of the west indies migrants had been white. Britain is a multi cultural society now, but that could have been portrayed as something that has progressively developed over time, not via some kind of blanket "by the numbers" tokenism
    I don't think the point was historical accuracy (it never is). More perhaps the notion that modern Britain, being black, white and whatever, has ownership of that past collectively.
    Possibly.
  • RedSparrows 30 Jul 2012 00:45:17 24,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus the comments on that article are the usual Mail shit.

Nice to see they exhibit the doublethink of 'Britain is mostly white' which, of course, contradicts all known facts about immigration in their warped heads.

Edited by RedSparrows at 00:53:03 30-07-2012
  • puddleduck 30 Jul 2012 01:40:28 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Britain used to be mostly green. Now it's a kind of grey colour.
  • Deleted user 30 July 2012 11:31:53
    Jan Moir on top trolling form today.

Sharron Davies? "Swimming in botox, she should get a medal for being able to move a facial muscle"

The winner of the women's cycle road race? "Some bitch from Holland"
  • sport 30 Jul 2012 11:38:19 12,808 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rhythm - Wow, just......wow. There are no words...
  • ecu 30 Jul 2012 11:53:21 77,312 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just did a google search to double check if she was the one who wrote the Stephen Gately article, and the top result is wikipedia with an old edit:

Jan Moir (born August 1958) claims to be a British journalist, columnist and restaurant reviewer, but is really just a bitch from the UK.
    :D
  • sam_spade 5 Aug 2012 17:20:50 15,745 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    City gets foot run over

Edited by sam_spade at 17:21:23 05-08-2012
  • mal 5 Aug 2012 18:14:53 22,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sam_spade wrote:
    City gets foot run over
    Missing the word 'cop' from that sentence, sam?

For those who don't want to give the Mail click hits unnecessarily, here's the video. The article just summarises the video and adds some pointless celebrity backstory.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Slint1000 5 Aug 2012 18:18:37 3,079 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mal wrote:
    sam_spade wrote:
    City gets foot run over
    Missing the word 'cop' from that sentence, sam?

For those who don't want to give the Mail click hits unnecessarily, here's the video. The article just summarises the video and adds some pointless celebrity backstory.
    To be fair to Sam, I looked at that link earlier and they'd failed to put the word 'cop' into the headline but sadly must have spotted their idiocy and fixed it.
  • Deleted user 5 August 2012 18:21:54
    apparently the daiy mail ran colums prior to the games labelling the likes of mo farrah and that as 'plastic brits'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2171923/London-2012-Games-Team-GB-61-plastic-Brits.html
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Aug 2012 18:32:01 39,758 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, they soon changed their tune on that one didn't they?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2183825/London-2012-Olympics-Amazing-day-Great-Britain-claim-golds.html

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Aug 2012 08:35:57 39,758 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/aug/13/dailymail-twitter

Apparently "Arbeit Macht Frei" is "somewhat tainted by Nazi concentration camps, but is still commendable and should be applied to today's youths.

What.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• gang_of_bitches 14 Aug 2012 08:46:11 5,644 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/aug/13/dailymail-twitter

Apparently "Arbeit Macht Frei" is "somewhat tainted by Nazi concentration camps, but is still commendable and should be applied to today's youths.

What.
    If "somewhat" was replaced with "catastrophically" and "should" with "could" it might be a reasonable point.
  • smoothpete 14 Aug 2012 09:01:57 31,826 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow, nice. I bet 100 that they only said it for the publicity. Still though, wow.

I was never quite sure how I felt about UK Resistance's "Spiel Macht Frei" slogan
  • RedSparrows 14 Aug 2012 11:41:43 24,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cretins.

Side note: mail view of graduate unemployment will be 'your graduates must adjust, mine certainly should not'.
  • Page

of 85 First / Last