The Inbetweeners - Best TV comedy since Spaced? Page 3

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• DaM 26 May 2009 15:25:32 13,358 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't know anyone who has watched this outside of EG, I keep trying to convince my family to watch it. "Like Grange Hill with nob jokes" isn't really selling it.

The 2nd and 3rd series of the IT Crowd are comic genius, the first few episodes put me off. At its best it's as good as Father Ted. Have the naysayers watch the disabled episode from Series 2?
  • Syrette 26 May 2009 15:26:21 43,858 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    At its best it's as good as Father Ted.

Wow. I'm all for opinions, but... just... wow.

• StarchildHypocrethes 26 May 2009 15:28:07 26,159 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't seen the disabled one I don't think. I have however, seen another episode that keeps being mentioned as the show at it's best, which is the bank robbery one. Which was just as painfully unfunny as every other episode I've seen.
  • Azazel 26 May 2009 15:32:02 726 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    DaM wrote:

Nothing is as good as Father Ted.

Putting Father Ted at number 1 on a list of the best sitcoms is like putting The Sex Pistols at number 1 on a list of the best bands.

You might as well give something else a chance.
  • DaM 26 May 2009 15:32:21 13,358 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    DaM wrote:

Believe me, I don't say that lightly!
  • Agent_Llama 26 May 2009 15:33:21 3,367 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaxon58 wrote:
    AlMcD wrote:
    Bill Door wrote:
    Nothing in the last few years will ever reach the heady heights of series 2 episode 1 of The IT Crowd.

That episode was fucking genius. I love the ambulance lift :-) oh, and of course, Moss in the bar at the end. Truly awesome.

I only saw this for the first time last week, and yes, it's the funniest episode of a comedy I've seen for many years. Pissed myself at so many bits.

That episode had me in tears the first two times I watch it, it's still genius now. Absolutely awesome situation comedy, topped off beautifully with Moss behind the bar, after everything else has happened. Wonderful stuff.

Picked up the Series 1 and 2 box set of Inbetweeners the other day after hearing a friend mentioning it - it's the best comedy I've seen since The IT Crowd. The script is beautifully written and all four of the lead characters play their roles well. Awesome stuff.

P.S Briefcase wanker!

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• JuanKerr 26 May 2009 16:04:59 36,366 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fwend.
  • Fatiguez 26 May 2009 17:40:56 8,750 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Except that it didn't get better, really

show me your tits u bitch from ubisoft

• Dante_Cubit 26 May 2009 19:51:00 1,928 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pleb TV.
  • estoo 12 Jun 2009 11:21:08 2,837 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a latecomer to this, just watched both series over the last few days.
    It's great isn't it? Great casting, great dialogue and excellent gags.

I don't really see the comparison to Spaced (also good but totally different type of humour IMO).
    One thing that I can't believe hasn't been mentioned in this thread as it screamed out to me was Will= Young Arnold Rimmer.

Any word on a 3rd series?
  • Youthist 12 Jun 2009 11:34:09 10,028 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think I made a comparison, outside of the fact its total quality.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Dougs 12 Jun 2009 11:50:27 68,540 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Watching the first series now. It has some outstanding moments, with some really well delivered and written lines. Other times it's a little too juvenile for me. What they do nail though is the banter and pisstaking. The whole "fwiend" thing had me in tears, I could just imagine that happening with my mates at school
  • JuanKerr 12 Jun 2009 12:05:33 36,366 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it is a bit juvenile, but when I think of how juvenile my own humour is now at the age of 30, I can't really criticise the programme for it :)
  • Dougs 12 Jun 2009 12:06:34 68,540 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, yes, I am guilty of that too.
  • Triggerhappytel 12 Jun 2009 13:24:16 2,695 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like The Inbetweeners, but I thought some parts of series 2 relied on crudeness rather than jokes. Series 1 was better IMO, although the show as a whole is nowhere near the giddy heights of Spaced or Father Ted.

Re-watching series 1 at the moment, which is being shown on E4 now series 2 has finished. Isn't a new series of Peep Show back on soon, too?
  • Deleted user 22 June 2009 07:53:19
    Furryapples wrote:
    This is the funniest comedy on telelvision I've seen in the last 10 years. Hilarious stuff.

One question... when is Series 3?
    They aren't even making it yet so I'd say next year.
  • Sub-kamikaze 24 Jun 2009 11:01:56 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I think you're about the only other person on here other than me that thinks the IT Crowd is utterly unfunny bollocks.

We'll need to get some defences up before the hordes arrive.

Yeah, I've only watched the first series and found it absolutely rubbish. Not geeky or technical enough to appeal to the computer-literate; most of it comes across as 'PC World advert' standard computer speak. And as a straight-up comedy, it's just a bit rubbish. Even with the usually sublime Chris Morris.

I even think The Big Bang Theory is funnier - at least they kind of get the science right, even if it is a bit too try hard.

And yes, I know perhaps the science or IT stuff probably shouldn't be a concern if the show itself is actually funny, but these shows are called the IT Crowd and The Big Bang Theory, for God's sake. It's their central conceit and is where the humour should come from, surely? Otherwise, make it about another group of people...

I'm downloading Episode 1 of Season 2 of the IT Crowd just to see if it really has done the miraculous and is funny as people are saying it is. And I just watched my first episode of The Inbetweeners on the train - it was indeed very funny!
  • Triggerhappytel 24 Jun 2009 11:36:24 2,695 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furryapples wrote:
    ... and Will's mum is fit.

... Like a protitute.
  • woodnotes 24 Jun 2009 11:46:43 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sub-kamikaze wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I think you're about the only other person on here other than me that thinks the IT Crowd is utterly unfunny bollocks.

We'll need to get some defences up before the hordes arrive.

Yeah, I've only watched the first series and found it absolutely rubbish. Not geeky or technical enough to appeal to the computer-literate; most of it comes across as 'PC World advert' standard computer speak. And as a straight-up comedy, it's just a bit rubbish. Even with the usually sublime Chris Morris.

I even think The Big Bang Theory is funnier - at least they kind of get the science right, even if it is a bit too try hard.

And yes, I know perhaps the science or IT stuff probably shouldn't be a concern if the show itself is actually funny, but these shows are called the IT Crowd and The Big Bang Theory, for God's sake. It's their central conceit and is where the humour should come from, surely? Otherwise, make it about another group of people...

I'm downloading Episode 1 of Season 2 of the IT Crowd just to see if it really has done the miraculous and is funny as people are saying it is. And I just watched my first episode of The Inbetweeners on the train - it was indeed very funny!
    You're broken.
  • Sub-kamikaze 24 Jun 2009 11:50:54 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Possibly.
    But maybe I'm just very discerning.

/twiddles monocle

The IT Crowd isn't particularly funny; the IT jokes are rubbish. And the non-IT jokes are still rubbish.
  • Fletche 24 Jun 2009 12:19:20 3,418 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Love the IT Crowd, is hilarious at times with some classic episodes but I can see why The Inbetweeners has more wide appeal as it is fantastic (although the last episode of season 1 (I watched the series back to front) was a bit flat.

BTW what was that show called set in a Hospital that had some of the same actors from the IT crowd in it, is fantastic but can't for the life of me remember the name. Oh and don't forget Flight Of The Conchords, best and funniest current show on TV at the moment.
  • ScoutTech 24 Jun 2009 12:22:40 2,425 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Green Wing?
  • Fletche 24 Jun 2009 12:29:23 3,418 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got it, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Marenghi%27s_Darkplace

Well worth a watch
  • Deleted user 24 June 2009 12:29:41
    Green Wing was awesome.
  • Deleted user 15 August 2009 17:03:23
    The Inbetweeners: Series 3 announced for Spring 2010.

\o/
  • Fixxxer 15 Aug 2009 17:11:18 1,305 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    By far the best episode of Flight of the Conchords season 2 was written by the Inbetweeners writers.

Talented bastards.
  • Deleted user 15 August 2009 17:22:00
    Fatiguez wrote:
    Spaced is shit

Sure is. Never understood the love it gets. Simon Pegg is just not funny at all.

Shaun of the Dead was shit and Hot Fuzz was the single most boring film i've seen in recent time.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last