Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Shinzou:

I is blind, for I cannot see them.

/thick
  • Shinzou 6 Mar 2009 16:40:40 887 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can see them here in frot of the sidepods.

http://pakwheels.com/images/forums/2009/1/12/51961_2_VXQ_PakWheels(com).jpg

The Ferrari is a beautiful shape and they do kind of spoil that a bit but as KILLA said you have to get every advantage you can. I think as its part of the floor of the car its legal.
  • mad_caddy 6 Mar 2009 16:42:46 3,306 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wing mirrors.
  • Shinzou 6 Mar 2009 16:47:28 887 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But with thick pillars that will act like barge boards and tune the airflow around the car.
  • mad_caddy 6 Mar 2009 16:48:37 3,306 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BMW and the Red Bull cars are running them as well it would seem.
  • Shinzou 6 Mar 2009 16:51:41 887 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah if they make a difference everyone will copy it.
  • azurelas_2 6 Mar 2009 17:19:37 1,108 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /eyes open.

Anyway, what's this about McLaren being somewhat off the pace? They were using the 'old' rear spoiler on the new car, and as far as my knowledge of motorsports reaches, the more downforce a car produces, the better it corners but the lower the top speed (I hope I'm being clear enough).

So since McLaren still have to test using the narrow rear wing, they should be on the same level as Ferrari. Imho.

And it seems that Toyota have a really good car this year (not just the looks!).
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Mar 2009 17:23:06 25,422 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The new cars all look quite sexy until you get to the back. That new narrow rear wing looks fugly. However, the Knightrider-esque turbo boost almost makes up for it.

Looking forward to settling back to watch it on the beeb.
  • azurelas_2 6 Mar 2009 17:24:13 1,108 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    The new cars all look quite sexy until you get to the back. That new narrow rear wing looks fugly. However, the Knightrider-esque turbo boost almost makes up for it.

Looking forward to settling back to watch it on the beeb.

The Renault looks like shit though.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Mar 2009 17:25:56 25,422 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aye. That fin thing is wank.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2009 17:30:35
    Ach, Massa's alright, I wouldn't mind if he won.
  • ecureuil 6 Mar 2009 17:36:14 76,516 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rapido! wrote:
    As long as that irritating little cockpit capuchin doesn't win this year, I'll be fine with whatever happens.

Seriously, the simian must be subverted; I find him to be a nuisance, deserving of the old oak-tree treatment.

Smug little ape.

O_O
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Mar 2009 17:37:11 25,422 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pleasant.
  • dufftownallan 6 Mar 2009 20:59:21 4,723 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    I dont see how Brawn GP can survive, they've done very little testing, so they'll be going into the season fairly cold. Each race will effectivly be their test runs.

I simply do not see how, even with all his experience they can be competetive.
    honda have been flying by the seat of their pants for the last two seasons anyway, always stating that this season was just to develop the next seasons car which has turned out to be a load of old bollocks.
    hopefully brawn can leave his mark, someone else said it, could be the start of an enduring motorsport brand and as much as i dislike the fact he sounds like a horse commentator, i wish ross all the very best.

rapido, i dont like the cunt either but take your idiotic racist ramblings and fuck off from this thread. arsehole.
  • jeff 7 Mar 2009 10:20:31 371 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    mad_caddy wrote:

rapido, i dont like the cunt either but take your idiotic racist ramblings and fuck off from this thread. arsehole.

+1
  • jeff 10 Mar 2009 13:28:38 371 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    control a mclaren via bluetooth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY
  • Agent_Llama 14 Mar 2009 13:41:06 3,335 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jeff wrote:
    control a mclaren via bluetooth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

That advert makes me cringe in horror, those actors are unbearable.

Some of the new cars are looking alright, the Toro Rosso is the best (maybe a little fanboyism creeping in) and the Williams is sexy too. I like the shape of the Brawn but the white will no doubt be plastered with all manner of random sponsors.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• monkeyspasm 14 Mar 2009 14:06:30 2,773 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really hope Brawn do well.

Weird for an Englishman to say, but I wouldn't mind at all if Massa won - my respect for him multiplied after he took that finale so well, seems a great guy.
  • shamblemonkee 15 Mar 2009 19:13:25 14,268 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Brawn are apparently the fastest car at mo :-o
  • Kostabi 15 Mar 2009 19:15:55 4,876 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All depends how much the other teams are sandbagging in testing. Although I reckon that Brawn car might be handy in the first couple of races, especially with the drivers they've got.
  • dufftownallan 15 Mar 2009 19:54:16 4,723 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    you dont think barrichello might be a bit past it now?
    dont get me wrong, i adore rubens but i really fear this may be one season too many for him, he's already stated that he's kind of scared of being involved in a fatal accident due to not wanting to leave his children fatherless.
  • Kostabi 15 Mar 2009 19:59:51 4,876 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I kind of agree that he probably should have hung up his helmet at the end of 08 but he's probably the safest pair of hands out there if a points finish is achievable, especially in dodgy weather.

I think part of me just wants him to have one last great season in a car that isn't a Ferrari so he gets all the credit.
  • dufftownallan 15 Mar 2009 20:07:25 4,723 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    that would be brilliant, certainly one of the most popular drivers there ever was.
    can i still hate jenson button tho?
  • Kostabi 15 Mar 2009 20:10:36 4,876 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You sure can, I'm still reluctant to cheer him on after the whole Williams contract disaster. I bet in hindsight he wishes he hadn't been black listed by Sir Frank now...
  • dufftownallan 15 Mar 2009 20:17:02 4,723 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    it seems like its the guys character. although i felt incredibly sorry for him when lewis came onto the scene, it was like a puppy dog that was once the centre of attention being overlooked because of a younger cuter puppy dog. how fickle the british public are...
  • guts 16 Mar 2009 00:57:04 1,690 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like Button. He gets a bad rap and hasn't been in a strong car for a while. Brawn GP looks like it could do well. I'm glad they took Barichello over Senna, just for the experience needed to help develop the car etc. They haven't had a lot of testing really, but seem to be going for it. As for L.H. I think he came across a bit arrogant last season, especially considering he is a rookie. He can drive well most of the time but he seems to be a bit too focused (if that makes any sense).
    Personally I'm gutted that DC has gone. He was one of those drivers that never really had a good enough car to shine in. Glad he will be on the tv team though.
    The Science Museum (London) has an exhibition about F1 and modern day tecnolgy cross over stuff at the mo, hopefully going to check it out soon.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• chronom4n 16 Mar 2009 01:54:11 527 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With regards to the Honda fiasco, I am glad that they have managed to stay in F1 because I would have been gutted if they had to leave (take subaru in WRC for example) I think that with all the knowledge that Brawn and Barrichello bring to the 'new' team I can hope for a fine F1 season for 09 and maybe, just maybe Button's time has arrived because I have high hopes that he will get a podium finish so as long as no-one takes him out during the course of the australian race. I am hoping that Hamilton gets a beating this season just because he did come across as being arrogant and bullshitting half the time i.e. when he ran into the back of raikkonnen, he should have just admitted he made a mistake.
  • Psychotext 16 Mar 2009 02:50:04 53,841 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    All depends how much the other teams are sandbagging in testing. Although I reckon that Brawn car might be handy in the first couple of races, especially with the drivers they've got.
    Given that they don't have any private testing, sandbagging might not be the best idea.
  • urban 16 Mar 2009 03:04:00 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    god damn i am excited about this season, /ponders who to place a bet on to win the championship
  • Page

of 832 First / Last