Motorsport Page 844

• Page

of 903 First / Last

• Mekanik 24 Aug 2014 21:50:30 3,737 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    ah sorry, in the sea of actual idiocy i failed to spot actual sarcasm :redface:
    This thread delivers today. :)

/gets second popcorn bucket out.
  • AaronTurner 24 Aug 2014 23:17:02 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Great race for Ricciardo, to think it was touch and go that he'd get the drive.
  • AaronTurner 24 Aug 2014 23:24:54 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus Christ, Eddie Jordan is a disaster. Just watching the post race interviews.
  • AaronTurner 24 Aug 2014 23:46:00 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Final post. Vettel - "Lap two was good to see them touching each other".

Goodnight.
  • Stepharneo 25 Aug 2014 00:08:33 79 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AaronTurner at the time, I thought that sounded a bit evil, now I'm reading it and it sounds all sexual-like.

Honestly not quite sure what he meant by it. Either than it was good for everyone else or that it was good to see them being so aggressively competitive.
  • AaronTurner 25 Aug 2014 00:27:25 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just thought he liked seeing them touching each other. Up.
  • xYOSSARIANx 25 Aug 2014 01:35:05 154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I read this week that Hamilton has been saying he hopes Rosberg feels at the top of his game, so that when he beats him to the DC it hurts him all the more. That after all the stuff about mentally breaking Rosberg would make me want to not lift either if I were Rosberg. Hamilton wants to play hard man mental games, so Rosberg has to show he's not intimidated, leading to incidents like todays.

Hamilton should just STFU and stop trying to play mind games, then Rosberg might not feel the need show he can't be intimidated. Hamilton is playing with fire, he is mentally weak, he takes on a defeatist/defensive attitude the moment things don't go his way. All these mind games could well backfire on him. Between him and Rosberg he is the one far more likely to collapse mentally, throw his toys out of his pram and give up.

PSN ReggieMcMuffin

• Psychotext 25 Aug 2014 07:50:05 55,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not at all surprised that Rosberg felt that he needed to hold his position given all the times he has tried to overtake and had Hamilton push him off the track. That said... it was a particularly stupid time to do it.
  • AaronTurner 25 Aug 2014 07:56:03 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was pretty daft from a team perspective, Mercedes must be livid. From an individual driver perspective? Pretty normal racing really, a racing incident if ever I saw one. If it had been any two other drivers then there would be no aftermath to the incident, it wasn't even worthy of an investigation by Charlie whiting during the race. All this talk of deliberate actions is soap opera stuff.

Ricciardo is doing well. Future world champion if he keeps this up, never thought I'd see someone come into the team and dominate Vettel so clearly.
  • altitude2k 25 Aug 2014 09:16:02 4,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From the FIA's POV, yeah - just a racing incident. A racing incident he should be very embarassed by.

But the team need to, and will, take a much dimmer view of the incident. They haven't just extended the contract of a driver who is willing to act so absent-mindedly.
  • Grax 25 Aug 2014 10:15:18 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Getting rid of Ross Brawn and replacing him with three amateurs really has fucked up mercades
  • altitude2k 25 Aug 2014 10:25:28 4,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think people are being a touch harsh on Mercedes. They are not the first, nor will they be the last team with two drivers fighting for a championship where tempers boil over.
  • FWB 25 Aug 2014 10:31:14 45,652 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hamilton really is a cunt. Not saying Roseberg is an angel, but to start talking to the media about a private conversation, paraphrasing out of context, is an arsehole thing to do.

If it's going to be released, it should be by Mercedes, not that scrawny punk.
  • DanB24 25 Aug 2014 10:38:50 2,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grax wrote:
    Getting rid of Ross Brawn and replacing him with three amateurs really has fucked up mercades
    Absolutely. Toto thought he could get all the glory off of all Ross Brawn's hard work and it might blow up in his face.

Make no mistake, besides the glory stealing higher ups this is the team that Ross built and forcing him out was disgusting.
  • Bremenacht 25 Aug 2014 10:48:10 19,666 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    xYOSSARIANx wrote:
    I read this week that Hamilton has been saying he hopes Rosberg feels at the top of his game, so that when he beats him to the DC it hurts him all the more. That after all the stuff about mentally breaking Rosberg would make me want to not lift either if I were Rosberg. Hamilton wants to play hard man mental games, so Rosberg has to show he's not intimidated, leading to incidents like todays.
    So he is still carrying on with that shit? He really is awful. I like his racing, but everything else is vomit.

Read on the BBC that with Mercedes confirming Lewis' comments, the FIA has retaken an interest in the matter. So, Nico could be in trouble.

It's lose/lose for Mercedes all round. If Nico gets any race-related penalty or points deduction, Mercedes lose too. Lewis will have cost them those lost points, just as much as Nico cost them points for poking Lewis. Lewis might feel a bit better about it, but many will think he's a despicable little shit. If nothing comes of it, then Nico effectively beats Lewis by cheating and will be thought of as a weaselly little shit. Everyone Loses.

The best situation would be for them both to continually take each other out or grass each other up and release vomit-loaded PR, while Ricciardo sneaks up behind them an pinches the DC. \o/
  • Grax 25 Aug 2014 10:50:09 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Bremenacht except Horner is the biggest snake on the pitwall and he needs to be put dpwn
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Aug 2014 10:54:25 26,631 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's wrong with Christian Horner?
  • ecu 25 Aug 2014 12:09:56 77,338 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rosberg is a proper bellend, can't believe I never realised before. How bad do you gotta be to make people sympathise with Lewis Hamilton. At least it's making for an interesting season.
  • Saucy 25 Aug 2014 12:16:17 2,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    I think people are being a touch harsh on Mercedes. They are not the first, nor will they be the last team with two drivers fighting for a championship where tempers boil over.
    I suspect like me, they are a bit surprised that the title battle is so close. The combination of Nico being quicker than I thought and various reliability/qualifying errors for Lewis is giving us a decent season.
  • Raiko101 25 Aug 2014 16:15:15 6,721 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    Agreed. Mclaren have struggled to manage this scenario in recent years, as have Red Bull. If it were Raikkonen and Alonso duking it out this year, I would imagine Ferrari struggle, too.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• mal 25 Aug 2014 19:33:18 22,843 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    It's lose/lose for Mercedes all round. If Nico gets any race-related penalty or points deduction, Mercedes lose too. Lewis will have cost them those lost points, just as much as Nico cost them points for poking Lewis.
    Nico cost the team likely 25 points by poking Lewis from the lead to 0 points, and then failing to win himself. I'd still expect him to score points from anything less than a race ban, which would be an extaordinary punishment for a racing incident like this, so on a numeric basis, Lewis talking to the media has cost the team less than Nico crashing into Lewis did.

Not that I agree with Hamilton telling teacher: this little spat is hardly endearing either of the drivers to me. I'm hoping from a late season surge from Bottas personally.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Psychotext 25 Aug 2014 20:40:37 55,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think talking to the media actually does quite a bit more damage to the reputation of the team than the crash does. Shows they have absolutely no control over their drivers and that at least one of their drivers has absolutely no respect for their ability to handle the situation.
  • Syrette 25 Aug 2014 20:46:13 44,317 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm ok with Mercedes spats if they benefit Danny Ric.

• superbob85 25 Aug 2014 20:49:14 2,836 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Bang out of order the way hamilton gets treated. Obviously doesn't get the same treatment.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Aug 2014 20:59:27 26,631 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks, bob.
  • Syrette 25 Aug 2014 21:00:33 44,317 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A point well made, Bob.

• altitude2k 25 Aug 2014 21:19:35 4,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm sorry, but what Rosberg said to the media immediately after the race was a shit load worse than what Hamilton said after that meeting.
  • mal 25 Aug 2014 22:24:11 22,843 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rosberg said exactly what Lewis said more recently when there've been questions about his actions in post-race interviews - that is he held his tongue until he's read the temeletry or seen a replay. Admittedly, last time I remember Lewis saying that was after Monaco, where he didn't shoot his mouth off about Nico deliberately missing the corner, not his own driving, but it as being much the same. Not shooting their mouth off until they've reviewed the facts.

Though to be fair, his reading of Wolff and Lauder's comments as attributing blame to both of them struck me as wilfully mistaken, but I couldn't see what he would gain from misrepresenting his bosses comments in his next meeting with the boss, so on consideration perhaps he was just accidentally mistaken instead.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Bremenacht 26 Aug 2014 00:20:03 19,666 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, Wolff turned rather weaselly after his initial, forthright comment, so both Nico and Lewis can claim Mercedes agree with them.

I found this line quite laughable: "With hindsight, if he could turn back time, Nico would probably not do it again in the way he did." Gven that it worked out almost perfectly for Nico, I think he'd certainly do it again, and take his last pit-stop a bit sooner!

Regarding the points, I was simply stating that Lewis will just as much to blame for any points that Nico loses, as Nico was for losing Lewis points i.e. both were entirely avoidable. I wasn't suggesting Lewis would cost them more points than Nico already has.

Off that subject for a sec, how the hell was that RB 'skinny' wing made to work? More Newey Wizardry? I wonder if any Merc-powered teams will steal the idea to make their cars even faster. If Williams nick it and Mercedes don't, the championships could get very interesting.
  • Grax 26 Aug 2014 06:21:24 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Bremenacht the skinny Wong worked as it reduced drag on the straights but made the car less smooth around the corners . The red bull of old always used to work the other way around as it is quicker to have better exits out of corners then ahiger top speed.

The reason why they made the change is because this year they are not starting at the front so need the speed in the straights to overtake.
  • Page

of 903 First / Last