Motorsport Page 651

• Page

of 860 First / Last

• altitude2k 14 Apr 2013 10:39:07 4,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't come-a-knockin' when the motor home bigger than my house is-a-rockin'.
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2013 11:10:39 20,697 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    He said "And Fernando we can see your beautiful girlfriend there, perhaps you'll be having your own private celebration together later".

I don't know if that sounds the same as the live interview but the insinuation is obvious, don't think Coulthard knew what he was saying until after it was out his mouth.
    Ha, I did hear that but didn't give it any thought. Yeah, it does sound a little sordid.

Also, I think she'd snap. I really do.
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 11:36:30 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enjoyed that. I think Lewis knew that he was going to have a hard time of it, so he did well to grab third. If Vettel had past him I'd have had a 1234 on the predictor! Ah well. I think a happy Lewis on the podium is more pleasing.

Anyone watch the red button? Villeneuve's comments in particular? He roughly said 'plenty of overtaking, but hardly any racing'. He didn't qualify that view by saying whether he thought the problem was DRS, KERS, tyre strategy, or team strategy. I think he's wrong, with Vettel being the most obvious example of someone who's racing regardless of whatever he's expected to do.
  • superdelphinus 14 Apr 2013 12:18:20 8,073 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't seem what he said but I sort of agree to an extent. There wasn't an awful lot of genuine racing, lots of people passing easily under drs or with completely different tyre states but not a lot of actual hard fought racing.
  • MMMarmite 14 Apr 2013 12:24:45 1,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Three place grid penalty for Webber and five for Gutierrez in Bahrain.
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 12:29:46 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought it was harsh on Webber. Did he get hit with a yellow flag penalty too, or did they all get away with that?

What a disastrous weekend for Webber.
  • Psychotext 14 Apr 2013 12:31:14 54,243 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not confirmed yet, but it looks like Webber has signed for the Porsche World Endurance Championship team (starting next year).
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 12:33:03 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Drs is pretty rubbish.
    I had you in mind, typing that Villeneuve comment. I still disagree.
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2013 12:33:24 20,697 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I got 46pts this week. Is that good? I'm still not sure what constitutes a good week on this thing. Never played it before. That's more than my first two weeks combined I think though.
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 12:33:53 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Not confirmed yet, but it looks like Webber has signed for the Porsche World Endurance Championship team (starting next year).
    Ah well. That's that. I wonder who'll replace him. No doubt Di Resta will be talking himself up, again.
  • Kostabi 14 Apr 2013 12:33:57 4,932 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll be a shame for F1 to lose him but he's realistically only got another season in him at a top team and with his level of fitness he'll excel in sportscars. Much like Alex Wurz is doing.

Just hope he doesn't repeat that spectacular Mercedes backflip he did at Le Mans in 99(?)
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 12:35:42 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I think I got 46pts this week. Is that good? I'm still not sure what constitutes a good week on this thing. Never played it before. That's more than my first two weeks combined I think though.
    Pretty good! Well. By my usual standard, it's pretty good. Checked out the bonus points bit? Once you've done that, you then need to look at how close you came to getting so many more points and thinking 'if only..' :)
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2013 12:37:29 20,697 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...Bonus points?
  • Bremenacht 14 Apr 2013 12:43:46 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes. 10 for a win. 30 for 123. They're shown on the little grid of numbers at the top of the 'my team' page. What's your team name?
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2013 13:12:04 20,697 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Erm...I think it was Curly Wurly. I was lacking in inspiration and was eating a Curly Wurly at the time. I don't think I'm doing very well.
  • altitude2k 14 Apr 2013 13:34:23 4,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think it's a bit bollocks there was no penalty for those who opened the DRS under yellows. Vettel got one last year, right? Also, not everyone within 1s of the guy in front did it so how is that fair and equal?
  • Kostabi 14 Apr 2013 13:51:05 4,932 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red Bull fined 5000 euros for Webber's unsafe release.

Hardly seems worth it, really.
  • SolidSCB 14 Apr 2013 14:11:50 6,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shit, with a fine like that, I don't see them being able to afford development costs over the second half of the season. Crisis.
  • SolidSCB 14 Apr 2013 14:12:37 6,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Although I shouldn't really make jokes about that. That fine would have forced HRT to fold last season.
  • Dougs 14 Apr 2013 14:48:58 67,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    I haven't seem what he said but I sort of agree to an extent. There wasn't an awful lot of genuine racing, lots of people passing easily under drs or with completely different tyre states but not a lot of actual hard fought racing.
    My thoughts also. Not an avid spectator these days but did manage to watch it today, and that's what struck me.
  • SolidSCB 14 Apr 2013 15:52:27 6,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    According to Lotus, Kimi was losing a quarter of a second a lap due to the damage he sustained. Phenomenal result if that is indeed the case.
  • Nth 14 Apr 2013 16:34:13 3,121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nth wrote:
    Hope they've got a spare front wing or two for Vettel, he tends to need them when he's not on pole.

Got a feeling that it's Alonso that will win this one though, not Lewis or Kimi.
    I was wrong about Vettel but I got the win :)
  • DanB24 14 Apr 2013 16:59:47 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Has it ever actually been sunny at this track before?! It's always grey in my mind
    It's so polluted there that it appears it's always like that.
    Smog-tastic. :eek:
  • urban 14 Apr 2013 17:17:05 10,945 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dull as balls race.
  • shamblemonkee 14 Apr 2013 18:15:00 14,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    dull as balls race.
    i don't think you actually like F1
  • Deleted user 14 April 2013 18:25:52
    exciting race. But yeah share concerns over the DRS. mainly the double zones. Poor pole sitter of any race doesn;t stand a chance as everyone gets to use but him. Hamilton got pretty fucked by it.

Ferrari, red bull and kimi looking quick. Mercs a little bit behind. But certainly encouraging.

Good start to the season. Getting tense already.
  • Deleted user 14 April 2013 18:27:12
    kentmonkey wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    He said "And Fernando we can see your beautiful girlfriend there, perhaps you'll be having your own private celebration together later".

I don't know if that sounds the same as the live interview but the insinuation is obvious, don't think Coulthard knew what he was saying until after it was out his mouth.
    Ha, I did hear that but didn't give it any thought. Yeah, it does sound a little sordid.

Also, I think she'd snap. I really do.
    DC has said similar things to other drivers before. I am sure he mentions jessica (jenson GF) on a weekly basis.

Perhaps he is the John terry of F1.
  • shamblemonkee 14 Apr 2013 18:35:50 14,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't like DRS as it hardly ever seems to be tuned right, just letting cars drive by as with Hamilton and the Ferrari's today.

However if Hamilton had the faster car he would not have lost touch with them. The thing that annoys me about DRS is that it robs of us the fight for the pass which is the interesting part of cars passing - the art of defensive driving, dummies, etc. Brundle said they have a feature coming up on overtaking later in the season - so far i assume it'll go like, get inside DRS zone press DRS and activate KERs. job done ;)
  • altitude2k 14 Apr 2013 18:43:20 4,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    I don't like DRS as it hardly ever seems to be tuned right, just letting cars drive by as with Hamilton and the Ferrari's today.

However if Hamilton had the faster car he would not have lost touch with them. The thing that annoys me about DRS is that it robs of us the fight for the pass which is the interesting part of cars passing - the art of defensive driving, dummies, etc. Brundle said they have a feature coming up on overtaking later in the season - so far i assume it'll go like, get inside DRS zone press DRS and activate KERs. job done ;)
    It's six of one, half a dozen of the other. You could equally say that it's irritating seeing cars stuck behind a marginally slower car than them for lap after lap.
  • Nth 14 Apr 2013 18:47:49 3,121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Surely Ricciardo is looking good should Webber leave?
  • Page

of 860 First / Last